It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by delrio256

What if pigs could fly, what if the moon really was made of green cheese?

Doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things. We are born without religion, it has to be taught to us. Anything like a supreme being or god being real means that we would know it by instinct. We would not have to be taught. All humans recognize there are forces bigger than ourselves. Most recognize mother nature as that force. Anything else is man made, hence the teachings to learn it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

I understand you're an Atheist, I have many Atheist friends. One thing you must know is that there is a God, it took my faith in him a few years ago to finally realize I can't have doubt him. [ALERT: LIFE STORY] I was suffering from some major depression, stopped talking to everyone, for months, stop going to school (2 years), ate one meal a day, was burning and cutting myself, I thought of killing myself from the time I woke to the time I feel asleep.. I sat and criticized the God I once strongly had faith in for my depression and started turning to the Devil. I said horrible things, in my head, and verbal. After two years, my pastor came to my house and had a very nice conversation with me. I took everything he told me to heart and realized, why did he all of a sudden come to talk to me? 2 years? When I was at the point I couldn't hang in there anymore? He then helped me get back into school, which I fell back on, again. I went back to my old routine of forgetting the world around me, but now I wanted to change. Long story short: I moved away for 2 years, got back into school, got the highest grades I've ever gotten in my entire life put together, gained back my passion for music, currently working on a mixtape. And all it took was a message from God.. He loves you, have faith in him, and by faith I don't mean you have to go to a Church and praise him. Read the scriptures, have your own perspective, if you feel the need to go to a Church and ask questions, do so. God is lovely and powerful, don't doubt him. He also gave me back my Dad, a man I rarely spoke to throughout my life, all because of alcohol. My Father put all his faith in God and has been a recovering alcoholic for 5 years now. I'm proud of him and thank God. He works miracles.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Trouble is my house and any I gotto is like a spiritual Clapham Junction sometimes...but I will give it a try, wouldn't want anyone to suffer. I have a feeling they'll be a queue forming.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

haarvik, Why would the things that I have stated be considered irrational compare to what others have stated?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

There is definitely some form of afterlife. I make this claim based on having lived in several haunted houses. The house I am living in now is probably the most haunted and has produced the most evidence.

Submitted for your consideration taken on the night of August 20, 2011:

In each of the three following images, the red selection box shows the original position of the face. The green shows the copied face scaled. The blue shows the face scaled and highlighted.

Orbs captured in front of television. Note the faces in the orbs.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Faces in curio cabinet.

Strange face in mirror.

Skeptics have at it.

And applebaum, don’t worry, be happy!

edit on 30-8-2011 by Elbereth because: tyop

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Hey there, I would just like to say that your post compelled me to create an account and so that I may thank you. You took the words out of my mouth and I felt a wave of emotions ripple through my core as I read your story. Thank you for your words and sharing your life experience. It was uplifting and inspiring.

I will briefly share an experience. I once had a "dream" where I knew I was sleeping. It was dark and all that was present was my consciousness. I felt uncomfortable and uncertain. Then a voice spoke, at the time I believed it might of been my grandmother on my mothers side, whom I never met. I'm not sure why I felt it was her or not, I guess because it was a females voice that I did not recognize, and was angelic, and I guess because I always have felt I have guardian angels looking out for me. Anyway, It was a tough time in my life, and as I (in my "dream") tossed and turned and fought the darkness and uncomfortableness of being "aware" but seeing no light, just darkness, emotion, just the act of being, Then the voice spoke, and soothed me, and told me all would be alright, I had nothing to worry about, That everything was going to be OK. It was simple and grand at the same time, and It brought me peace.

I awakened feeling relaxed yet awestruck by such a moving experience. I've never forgotten that night and I've never experienced another like it. I occasionally am lucky enough to have a lucid dream moment, but nothing as powerful as what happened.

I don't have all the answers but I do think there is a world of information out there at our fingertips. We have this life and this body and this mind to explore it with and that in itself is a gift. Soak up as much as you can while you are here and at least be open minded to other cultures, religions, philosophies. I believe in a creator, in some kind of intelligent design and some kind of spiritual world. When you look up at the stars at night, and you witness the light of stars, some still young, some old, some dying and some already dead an no longer existing in the form that broadcast their light to you, marvel at the thought that their light has lingered and traveled and manifests before your eyes. Energy is forever. Love is forever. Be at peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Just poking fun, no insult intended.

My paragraph below illustrates the nonsense that is religion. If god existed, and created everything, and he was in each of us, then we would know at birth who he was. We would not have to be taught who he was and what our role in life was. Since we do have to be taught, then by definition he does not exist.

The problem with humans is because we can think, we have this delusional thought that there MUST be a creator, otherwise we would not exist. We cannot fathom that we are simply here to exist, no more than a cow is. We evolved, same as all other life on this puny rock. No one created us, when we die we go back to the earth and are consumed by it. And in the odd chance there actually is a god, I would rather live life for myself, as I see fit than to succumb to some egotistical being that gets his jollies from having inferior beings do what he wants for his amusement. Why would a superior being need us puny humans to worship him? If he has angels, I would assume they already worship him. Oohhh...the struggle with satan. wtf??? If he is the end all be all then he can get rid of satan with a flick of his finger. So, either he doesn't exist, or he is not a s powerful as he claims.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32f23d6bdae9.jpeg[/atsimg]

Just sayen, THE CREATOR LOVES YOU STILL.

Be well
edit on 8/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable
reply to post by MamaJ

well said i to question to much for church and im now an atheist but still know the benefits of religion and in some way still want to believe

The Truth lies within us all. Our spirits remember even if our memory does not offer us the memory of the life before and the life after this one. Our instinct kicks in when we hear things that do not line up with our Spirit. This is why we question the ministers. I think anyway...

Seeing is not the only way to believe. If you feel it.....go with it and see where it takes you. I did. I am on one hand...glad I did. With the awareness...sometimes I wish I knew nothing about Truth (Jesus) then I could be as lazy as I wanted and would not have to worry about answering for anything. I could live wild and free and just BE. Now...I have to control my ways and my tongue .....it gets in the way of the real fun I would like to have and have had.

My true spirit is very loving. The flip side is I can be very self destructive (drinking and smoking). The two have to balance me out....that is where trouble lies for me.
My short comings are getting longer and they need to be nipped every day ....but I find this lifestyle quite boring. This is my struggle.

To know something is to have responsibility with what you do know. Ya know?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

You're pretty confident in what you believe. But just like me, weren't you taught or learned on your own what you believe? I believe in God and you don't. Aren't we both the product of our environment?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was in a dark place like you were OP. I was sitting in my desk one day contemplating something crazy, listening to really despodent musik, then, out of nowhere, I smell marlboro cigarettes, like someone's smoking right next to me. Naturally, I got freaked out, it's the middle of the night. I'm a hardcore atheist by the way, still am, but after that night, it got me wondering...maybe there's something more. Anyway, my mom used to smoke marlboro cigarettes all the time, she passed away a few months ago. I just can't help but think that maybe that was her, telling me everything was going to be alright. She was always optimistic no matter what was going on. And I felt that. I hope this helps OP, no matter what happens, it's never over.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

If the fact that many civilizations (whether it be B.C. or A.D.) have had their own "God/Gods" to praise and believe in doesn't clear up that there is a spiritual entity watching down on all people of the earth I don't know what else to say... All of the worlds ever existing religions started somewhere, the people who started them weren't given scriptures, or taught. Do you honestly think they were all started off of a story some guy just wanted to put together? These people had to have had encounters with some sort of spiritual entity. If you wanna believe their isn't something, that is okay, but don't just call religion nonsense because you were never able to connect with God.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

To some extent, yes we are, and thanks for pointing that out. You obviously understand what I am saying, you just believe the other side of it. But, if you look at modern tribes around the amazon, or even in Africa, they do not know of god. They know of mother nature, the natural forces. There is more proof that god does not exist than there is proof he does. People claim to have "experiences" and try to use that as fact. These experiences are subjective. I can drop acid and have an "experience" but it doesn't make it real. The mind is a very powerful organ. it is capable of much more than we know. I believe during times of stress that the brain can actually manifest things to allow our conscience to deal with these stresses much more easily. To claim an experience as fact only show ignorance.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Perhaps you're approaching the issue from a completely ignorant and presumptive frame of reference, is that possible?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Yep, you are right. Many, many cultures have done this. But it all comes back to us being "enlightened". When we became self aware, we looked up and said there must be something more, for if I exist and can reason, something greater than me must have done it. Most American Indian tribes worship mother nature. Many tribes around the world do this. They worship the sun, wind, earth. They connect with mother nature on levels we never will. I think they are more in tune with what the truth is than our religion is.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

No. Unless it is tangible, it does not exist. Scientific fact. You can tell story after story and claim to have had "an experience" but unless there is tangible proof, then it didn't happen.

I'll post this as I did in another thread. God's chance to prove he exists. If I become a multimillionaire in the next 7 days, I will believe. Oh, and don't give me that "he doesn't work that way" stuff either. If he is all that and a bucket of cheese, then this menial proof should be nothing more than a fluff of dandruff from his hair.

Proof is in the pudding.
edit on 30-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We are born without religion, it has to be taught to us. Anything like a supreme being or god being real means that we would know it by instinct
reply to post by haarvik

This is sooo true! It is an instinct! You just have a knowing.....you sense what is around you even when you cannot see it.

Religion is Truth mixed up.

We are to seek Truth.

When seeking Truth one has to keep an open mind and in doing so the Spirit of Truth will connect.

There is where you find the ALL.

There is an after life. There is a life outside of this one on many levels. Which do you belong in, that is the question.

Before the Bible was written and Christianity was formed...there were many civilizations....what did they believe in? They believed in a God or Gods. They believed in a creator of the Universe and some believe the Sun was/is God. Why?

You can know Truth is Jesus words and not be a "Christian". Why label yourself to be a certain people when you do not have to. Jesus only said to believe. He also said you cannot get to the father without first going through Him. Why? Because he is the Spirit of Truth. His works here was for a purpose (Law). He fulfilled his purpose and is the "way" home. He is the Light that warms our soul and guides us upon leaving this world.

I understand the next coming of Jesus to be Truth delivered. I also understand the last time He came and died on the cross was to show the entire population there is NO death like we think of it.....Death is a transformation. At that time he said we were not "ready for the truth". We could not understand it...well....now we can.
Awareness is here...and we are all aware even more because of the Internet.

Man can write all he wants....when it comes to the teachers of our time and times past....lets take note and weigh our options of Truth. Who is consistent. Who was said to be the Son of God? Who spoke of the after life and God? Jesus is not just THE MAN....but he is also THE WAY.

If you do not believe me....that is ok with me. We all have different shoes to fill and walk in. I do not mind someone questioning me or my motives. I am not trying to save anyone....I just love talking about this subject. My motives are to comfort!

After losing loved ones, a child, two boyfriends, Aunts from suicide, and on and on....I have come to be aware of death and have studied the subject for many many years. It is one subject I love to talk about. I wish I could be with every dying person at the end to comfort them.

When you find yourself in the after life, if you doubt where to go....follow the Light!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Have you ever considered they were worshiping something more than just the Sun, Moon, and Wind? Maybe these things to them represented the image of something greater watching down on them that they had encounters with.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Sorry for the many replies. There are only a few topics that get me going, and religion is one of them!

Here's the problem as I see it, fundamentally. So, there is an almighty being that created everything. Now this being gives a select group of humans the knowledge to be able to "worship" it after it dies. You live a life devoted to worshiping this deity, giving up "worldly" possessions in the hopes that when you die you get a great reward. Now, couple this with the fact that there is absolutely no physical proof of this beings existence. The ones who are supposed to be mentoring you are corrupt. The institutions that are supposed to be doing things for his glory are corrupt, and deceitful. You are expected to blindly believe in this being, and follow the rules these institutions have said are the right ones. Oh, and you must give god money. If he is the almighty, then why does he need my money?

Now, let's put this into perspective. If someone came up to you, off the street and told you..."Psst. Hey, guess what? I can guarantee that if you do what I say, and give me 10% of your money, you will get a great big gold lined mansion with all the food you can eat when you die." you would be calling the funny farm. Yet this is exactly what you are doing. I cannot understand how educated adults can still believe in fairy tales. If there was an all being deity, then why would he show favoritism? If the Jews are his chosen ones, than by what right do we think we can be redeemed in heaven? The bible was written by them, for them, not us.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I know that atheist have a sense (knowledge) of right and wrong. They know it's wrong to cause harm to someone else... to kill someone..... to steal from someone. Where does your sense of right and wrong come from?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join