It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I too hope at least, that there is life after death. It seems like such a waste for the planet to be so old and for each of us to spend such a comparatively small time on it.
I do not believe in God. I feel like I should because of how I was raised, but I just don't feel like there is anything or anyone 'up there'
I don't care if this is Satanic, or not moral enough for some, but I hope I get to experience (whether I know it or not) everything possible, from the ultimate worst, famine struck, diseased to the ultra glamorous, successful and enriched, and everything in between.
I just think that once we die, we are born again to another body, and (this is wishful thinking) in another time haha.
Well thats just what I would like to happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

I personally believe in spirituality, such as, what is written in the Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean.

He keeps saying that we shall truly be free when we are separated from our bondage and we will know the true when that time comes.

And he also speaks of our bodies being vessels and this life being an experience in this vessel where we learn and gather knowledge and wisdom, and carry it with us when we are "free from the bondage"

So yea, I believe this can't be all. As I've read from different posts and in places I cannot remember.

"We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

FM

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Be careful. It's at times like how you feel now that the religious come out of the woodwork to tell you that Jesus will save you e.c.t, did you notice it happened in this thread? I did. A lot of religious people push their agenda onto people who are stressing/feeling empty/lonely e.c.t and the reason for this is because you are at a crossroads of thought and you are vulnerable. The church loves it when someone is vulnerable, oh yes, that when they pounce.

Again, at this moment you are looking for direction, don't get brainwashed by religion. There might be life after death (I hope there is) but don't fall for all the ''eternal heaven if you believe in jesus'' type bullcrap, see it for what it is, mind control for the masses.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Star for you my friend. I was thinking the very same thing reading this. As soon as I saw the OP I just knew the religious nuts would be coming out of the woodwork. Religion seeks to control your life. Why? MONEY!!! Even the bible tells you to give 10% of your earnings to them. Without money, they have no stranglehold on the populace. The church is one of the most wealthy businesses you can own. Just take an online course to get your "pastor" title an you too can take advantage of this lucrative, tax loophole, people controlling business that has ever existed!

When you die, that's it. End game, no do over, no reset. Man invented God to explain his existence. The church saw this as their passport to wealth and learned how to exploit the people for their gain. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well said sir

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Be careful. It's at times like how you feel now that the religious come out of the woodwork to tell you that Jesus will save you e.c.t, did you notice it happened in this thread? I did. A lot of religious people push their agenda onto people who are stressing/feeling empty/lonely e.c.t and the reason for this is because you are at a crossroads of thought and you are vulnerable. The church loves it when someone is vulnerable, oh yes, that when they pounce.

Again, at this moment you are looking for direction, don't get brainwashed by religion. There might be life after death (I hope there is) but don't fall for all the ''eternal heaven if you believe in jesus'' type bullcrap, see it for what it is, mind control for the masses.

I am not a "religious nut" and I believe in Jesus and the afterlife. What do you call me? You think you are somehow better since you are not a believer in God? I don't think either of us are better. One of us has a knowing in the afterlife while the other doesn't. Who is "winning"?

In telling someone which "direction" to take...would it not be wise and loving of you to point them in the least painful road? One that has hope? Why not fall for the eternal Heaven? Just because that is not your wish does not mean you should speak for someone else.... imho.

One does not have to go to church and be a "follower of the church" because he has a belief in the spiritual realm.

ANY person who does not have a conviction of love when speaking to others or in their works is "lost spiritually" as Love is the Key in any spirituality and the spirit DOES live on to whatever IT IS in a truer "sense".

What was our (mankind's bloodline) history before "religion" began?

Who created a "religion" to begin with?

How many dimensions are there?

Are our senses limited?

Who is Jesus and what did he stand for?

Who is Muhammud and what did he stand for?

What is Light?

What is energy?

What is spirit exactly?

Is it proven we have a soul, if so what is it?

What is the Universe composed of and define all that we know exists within it.

There are many questions to ask that leads one to believe in a God or an afterlife.

Seek and you will find.

Love to all!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I respect your views, however I have to disagree. I don't see religion as a "less painful" road for anyone. The church is very rigid in their beliefs, and if you stray from them you are ridiculed. Now, having said that, I do believe there is a higher power. I just don't believe there is an all knowing being as the source. The higher power is mother nature. Have you watched the movie The Invention Of Lying? Brings things into perspective, albeit in a humorous fashion. If people would quit being brain washed and accept life at face value, just as an animal does, life on earth would much more tolerable and less violent. How many atheists have killed people because they believed in god? I venture to say that more people have been killed for not believing in god. So much for the "love" factor!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by MamaJ

I respect your views, however I have to disagree. I don't see religion as a "less painful" road for anyone. The church is very rigid in their beliefs, and if you stray from them you are ridiculed. Now, having said that, I do believe there is a higher power. I just don't believe there is an all knowing being as the source. The higher power is mother nature. Have you watched the movie The Invention Of Lying? Brings things into perspective, albeit in a humorous fashion. If people would quit being brain washed and accept life at face value, just as an animal does, life on earth would much more tolerable and less violent. How many atheists have killed people because they believed in god? I venture to say that more people have been killed for not believing in god. So much for the "love" factor!

I respect your views as well but I cannot respect you as an individual when you ridicule others. It saddens me for the other person.

The "church" to you may be rigid but many find hope within in and that is their right as an individual to find that peace. I found a seed there and it blossomed. Church is just not for me...but it is a "good thing" for others. I like that!!

"Higher Power" is THE SOURCE.... This Planet is not...but it is living and connected to our collective spirit. Mother Nature to me is the spirit of our planet and it feels what the collective feels. We are about 7 billion people into it... it can only handle around 5...so we are told. The oceans are warming and we are going through an Interstellar Cloud. So for the Planet....things are not looking good either. Mankind has done a lot to himself and then turns around and blames it on "God". How funny! Awareness to facts is emerging and hopefully mankind will come to a point where we will see changes for the Good within our Planet. The other thinking is not wanted within my mind but it is becoming a reality...and I do not like it. Not that I am scared...time has been ticking since my conception so...I am ok with transforming from this life to the next...but I do pray for our Planet. She has made it so far so I am not at all going to think she won't this time...if there is a "time" to be aware of.

Being in church does not necessarily brain wash unless you are a very gullible person who does not seek true spirituality without question. It can be a really good seed to go off of and let me add that by going to church you will leave with questions that do indeed need to be answered individually for soul progression. I am glad I experienced church for all that it is....I am better off.

People are killed every day all day long and no they are not all believers and non believers....they are both. Murder is done out of fear. We see in the Bible what the "first" murderer got.... (Cain). It is not done out of love ...period.

Do not place ALL with one because out of the one Muslim that thinks of fear or the opposite does not represent the whole.

Focusing on YOU and what you do and what you say is the most important. Love in your words and in your works is all you have control over. Bringing up the "church" and "religious nuts" is on you...these are your words. This is your true feeling and I get that but I am asking you to think differently so your words and works reflect the love you really want to convey. No fear....just love.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
[color=gold]
Its amazing how many feel their existence is based soley on luck.

So if there was a passage and there needed to be communication with 1 who could lead many thru it and many walked right passed the communicator- IS IT THE CREATORS FAULT THOSE WHO AVOIDED THE COMMUNICATOR WOULD OR COULD END UP SOMEWHAT LOST/trapped DO TO THEIR IGNORANCE PREVENTING THEM COMMUNICATIONS. LOL @ ALL THE BIBLE JESUS FREAK HATERS. GOOD LUCK
You will still see the LIGHT before its too late. Unbelievable-knowing the returns for his herd not to beg for peace this time around--THINK--

NAMASTE

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Oh I have no fear, trust me. And there is a distinction between a religious nut and a religious person. I was raised in the church, and actually started down the path to become a preacher. However, there were too many unanswered questions and contradictions within the church and the bible that make it completely non-viable as to be construed as fact. I don't begrudge anyone who wishes to believe. I do have issues with people who prey on those who are vulnerable and force feed them religion. Until I see complete and viable truth to anything in the bible, I will treat as the document it is. A historical reference and folklore based on a select group of people. I see it no differently that Homer's The Odyssey. Point of fact, there have been more things from supposed myth that have been proven to be true than anything in the bible.

I do not fear death. It is inevitable. I do not hope for another life, this one is enough for me!

If I am wrong and there is a hell, then I will gladly go there. I suspect at some point in the future, religion and god will be debunked and called a hoax.
edit on 30-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
When I was 9 years old we had a substitute teacher for our class. An old man who told us the story about when he died from a heart attack and was brought back moments later. He said he was flying, and happy and there was bright light all around. Maybe when you die what happens to you is what you believe will happen after death. If you truly think you will float in nothingness as a lone consciousness forever, that could be your fate. Maybe one day quantum physics can explain what happens, maybe they will prove their story of 11 dimensions. Maybe they might prove the universe only exists because conscious entities are here to observe it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac
When I was 9 years old we had a substitute teacher for our class. An old man who told us the story about when he died from a heart attack and was brought back moments later. He said he was flying, and happy and there was bright light all around. Maybe when you die what happens to you is what you believe will happen after death. If you truly think you will float in nothingness as a lone consciousness forever, that could be your fate. Maybe one day quantum physics can explain what happens, maybe they will prove their story of 11 dimensions. Maybe they might prove the universe only exists because conscious entities are here to observe it.

I can say only from my studies.....

NDE are had all the time. I have studied them at length and have found...

It does not matter "what you believe in" ....that has no bearing on it. You will either see Jesus or you will find yourself in a place of torment. The torment is a cleanser in my opinion. It frees the spirit and leaves all the negative energy there so the spirit only posses love in the other realm we call Heaven. Fear has its place and it is not in the Heavenly realm.

It is also my opinion that within 3 days the energy transfers to where it belongs. If it takes longer than that for your energy to let go of the negative then the torment will seem like an eternity.

Hey.....I could be wrong. This opinion I have is based on research of my own doing...yours may turn up something mine did not.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by MamaJ

Oh I have no fear, trust me. And there is a distinction between a religious nut and a religious person. I was raised in the church, and actually started down the path to become a preacher. However, there were too many unanswered questions and contradictions within the church and the bible that make it completely non-viable as to be construed as fact. I don't begrudge anyone who wishes to believe. I do have issues with people who prey on those who are vulnerable and force feed them religion. Until I see complete and viable truth to anything in the bible, I will treat as the document it is. A historical reference and folklore based on a select group of people. I see it no differently that Homer's The Odyssey. Point of fact, there have been more things from supposed myth that have been proven to be true than anything in the bible.

I do not fear death. It is inevitable. I do not hope for another life, this one is enough for me!

If I am wrong and there is a hell, then I will gladly go there. I suspect at some point in the future, religion and god will be debunked and called a hoax.
edit on 30-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

Too bad you did not become a preacher of Truth. We need preachers like that who do not follow a dogmatic practice.

If you take a look at the world religions and myths compare....you will find they have many similarities..MANY!!!

It is my belief Jesus has been called many names and has lived as many people. He is the spirit that keeps on giving.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

[I am not a "religious nut" and I believe in Jesus and the afterlife. What do you call me? You think you are somehow better since you are not a believer in God? I don't think either of us are better. One of us has a knowing in the afterlife while the other doesn't. Who is "winning"?

Hi there, I never called you a religious nut and I don't believe I am better than you just because our beliefs differ, are you sure you never got my post mixed up with another posters? You also say you have a 'knowing' that there is an afterlife (I did point out in my post that there 'might' be an afterlife, I did not deny that) but you don't 'know' at all, you just have faith, be honest too, be honest that that faith is blind faith, a big difference to actually knowing.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

LOL @ ALL THE BIBLE JESUS FREAK HATERS. GOOD LUCK
You will still see the LIGHT before its too late. Unbelievable-knowing the returns for his herd not to beg for peace this time around--THINK--

It's disturbing how many believers relish and laugh at the thought of us non-believers burning in hell for eternity 'when the time comes'

edit on 30-8-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

LOL @ ALL THE BIBLE JESUS FREAK HATERS. GOOD LUCK

It's disturbing how many believers relish and laugh at the thought of us non-believers burning in hell for eternity 'when the time comes'

edit on 30-8-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

Who sad burning in hell my friend . I said athe LIGHT will still be seen by those who chose dark. Please dont reword what I say.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

ROFL! Yeah, so much for their love thy brother routine!
Guess they thought we would miss something like that!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Why would you? 1 doesnt controll the WILL based seperations so would "YOU" prefer not being warned? LIKE OH WELL THEY SHOULD OF LISTENED, DOOOM!!!! NOT HOW 1 WORKS (prefer to see your smiles instead of hear your screams). It comes down to being YOUR SOULS/WILLS. So to not pull my brotheren from the flame would be ignorance yes/no?(so 1 takes the sneak jabs and keeps it moving) Good try my friends, but its much more serious.
edit on 8/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hi there, I never called you a religious nut and I don't believe I am better than you just because our beliefs differ, are you sure you never got my post mixed up with another posters? You also say you have a 'knowing' that there is an afterlife (I did point out in my post that there 'might' be an afterlife, I did not deny that) but you don't 'know' at all, you just have faith, be honest too, be honest that that faith is blind faith, a big difference to actually knowing.

I am not sure if I got ya mixed it...maybe I did. I am sorry if I did.....but while we are talking..

I do not think my faith is blind doll. I really don't. I have been a witness to "death" on many occasions and what I KNOW is what we are and where we will go...we do not have an "end".

Blinded by faith is what exactly? In order for someone to have blind faith I would assume they are in no way questioning anything they believe and they only believe because they either are not the questioning type or because they do not need anything else but blind faith.

I just know...have known...and know even more as an adult through experience.

I remember being a little girl sitting on my porch all alone and remembering being able to communicate without words. I remember feeling separated and not liking it. I remember being excited about coming into this experience on Earth.

As I grew the seed was planted in different denominations of faith. I eventually lost my step son to a long battle with Leukemia and left everything I knew behind and concentrated on the ALL....and everything in between.

I read about 2-5 books a day for five years after losing Josh....it was everything I could do to NOT read. It was a healer for me and still is.

I believe in the afterlife as much as I believe in this one....if not more.

What is reality?

Love to you!!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215
Hi OP thanks for asking such an open minded question for an atheist. I was an atheist, studied science in school at a university level. Much of my life i mocked people with faith, and tried to convince them how ignorant and foolish they where. I used to detest people who had kids and called them breeders.

Even though i was a devote atheist and believer in science and a rational explanation to every question, i was still fascinated by ghosts, ufo's, life after death, religion, and the history there of. It was as if there was a gapping hole in my life.

One day I decided to read the bible, just so i could say i had read it from start to end. I went out and got a New International Version which is basically the Politically Correct version of the bible edited to make it more comfortable to liberal type minds.

The things that Jesus said, really blew my mind. He was a truther 2000 years ago. He argued with the hypocrisy in the government system of the day as well as the church (which was kind of the same thing in his time), he said and did the most amazing things that are still quoted today by people who have no idea of their origin such as 'the truth will set you free', and he and his disciples set an example for how to live to everybody.

I used to go about saying stuff like 'religion causes wars' and 'why does god let bad things happen to good people', and 'why does the church protect pedophiles'. I know today, this is not true, its people who do these things and God has given us free will too put us to the test.

After I read the entire bible, cover to cover, and put it in context of the times, i asked. Where is this Mary character, she's not divine at all. And why is just about everything Jesus predicted in the bible actually coming about. From the state of Israel being reformed to the move toward government and persecution for following what Jesus taught its all happening, go read the entire NT (id read the King James version definately not NIV)

Anyway, aside from those things, when you have a baby, holding him or her in your arms, and you look at them, you just know, when you seriously ask yourself, 'This creature is just too incredible to not be of intelligent design, and not just intelligent, divine.' The love you feel for your own young is incredible, and this is the love God has for you whether you believe in him or not.

You are an amazing being and you life is incredible, you have already won an enormous battle to just be born healthy. You where the best of the best in that contest go ahead and be the best you can be. Nobody can tell you what to think, dont let your peers or the fear of persecution stop you from finding out about Jesus.

What a beautiful post! I have nothing to add,but could not let this pass without telling you this,and thanking you for it. The level of compassion and understanding you exhibit is remarkable.

Your description of your early self is nearly identical to my own,and it is only now that I fully begin to understand things with sharper clarity. While I do not ascribe to any religion,I do understand what a significant teacher and guide Christ was and is. If we can embrace the legacy he meant to leave us and discard the trappings and traps laid for us by the churches that arose after his unfortunate and untimely execution,we begin to tap into something that can only serve to improve us as a race of thinking,feeling and potentially higher reasoning beings.

Again,thank you. You are a Light.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join