It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

NorEaster,
Out of all the posts in this thread, Yours reaches me the most. It talks to my intellect and makes sense. Many others have expressed their belief. Most have helped. I am still struggling but this thread is lifting me some.

I hope we gone..just not sure that we do.
Thanks for all your helping responses. They matter to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
reply to post by NorEaster

NorEaster,
Out of all the posts in this thread, Yours reaches me the most. It talks to my intellect and makes sense. Many others have expressed their belief. Most have helped. I am still struggling but this thread is lifting me some.

I hope we gone..just not sure that we do.
Thanks for all your helping responses. They matter to me.

Good to hear, applebaum. Thanks for responding.
There is a purpose for being here, you just have to allow yourself to hear your 'inner voice' which is actually your higher self, trying to communicate.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Im sorry to say, but no one suffered for me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

naw, check it out.

if you don't believe then you are screwed, but you knew that, believing what you do.

hey, try to have some faith, otherwise you are over.

eta; did i say dog food?

sorry
edit on 31-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

Hello Applebaum.

Starred and Flagged. Great premise for a thread.

Firstly, I’m not here to tell you “Believe what I believe ‘cause it works for me” or “I believe this or that because I’m afraid NOT to believe it” or even the ever popular “I don’t believe in nuttin’”.

There was a man who chose to view his life as one without purpose. From his point of view, his was a life with no discernible direction; no specific goal or goals to achieve. When considering his “life”, he compared it to all those other lives he encountered - and it seemed as though his “life” was nothing but a series of random, disjointed events which merited only lament.

And death? Only darkness would follow this adventure, and all his experiences would have accomplished nothing more than a chance and random existence within a universe prone to multi-faceted waste. This was what he chose to believe.

There was another man who chose to view his life in a somewhat different light. Although his life was also being “piloted”, so to speak, without any discernible direction, he took notice that he would glean all sorts of interesting tidbits from his various encounters – tidbits he was actually and actively seeking out, although he didn’t always consciously recognize this dynamic at work. His comparisons with others always seemed to inevitably return to himself. He ultimately realized that what had colored his point of view all along when considering the world around him and the various stations of others was comparisons made with his own strongly-held view of himself.

And death? This Individual CHOSE to believe that this current “life” was simply a part of an overall grand adventure. This was what he chose to believe.

To state what is to me the obvious, your “life” as you know it is all about the choices you make derived from your beliefs – up to and including your presence “here”.

In my own case, I choose to believe the basic premises postulated by “Seth”, an energy essence personality channeled by Jane Roberts coupled with (and, for me, validated by) theoretical physicist David Bohm’s work postulating implicate/explicate orders of existence derived from his decades of exploration into what is to some the rather spooky world of Quantum Physics. But keep in mind, my friend, that my choices are MINE to make, and yours are…well, yours.

When you feel the time is right - choose…and then I suggest you explore the possible validity of that choice - starting with how that choice relates to your personal [intuitive] acceptance of it.

Now THAT'S a goal to achieve.

Mindpeace

p.s. And in response to your questions “Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why?”, I will say this:

“You are as dead right now as you will ever be.” – or so I choose to believe.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wonder why you say Atheist when you speak of life after death. I mean this has nothing to do with religion... Religions is just a society to control the people from knowing the truth.

I don't know for others but I know for me there is life after death. You are an energy being in a physical vessel. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Energy can only be shared or transferred. This is a scientific point of view. I believe you are searching for an esoteric answer. Which I can provide as well as I have been on that boat.

It all depends of the person reality. How he thinks, how he is getting himself controlled, manipulated, how he handles his life how he takes care of his soul. Heaven and Hell? Is the same thing. Just at a different degree. Like hot and cold, same thing. Different degree.

When I was a baby, I died. I was physically dead but I came back to life. The things I saw (i still can feel what I visioned that day). What I saw is: Everything was interconnected in a universe where there is light every where. I still can feel it so greatly. I was just light connected to a big light which had little small light like mine, like a network. I could not think, no, but i could create a feeling in the light I was in (like i feel i am seeing a forest with a beautiful moon above) then i would see a forest with the moon. Etc... it is hard to explain. I couldn't move, but if I would feel the movement i could move to places. It is the same thing when I do astral travel. I believe our spirit is in another dimensions tied with our physical body. I believe when you died in your previous life, you have the choice to choose, you have the option to do whatever you want. When you decide to come back, it is because you need an experience that you have not yet experienced. You need those experiences in order to ascend.

This is only what I have experienced. I was 4 months old. Doctors does not understand why I came back to life. But maybe I decided so? The key is to feel your environment, do not think, just do.

Greatly, please do not be scared of death. Death of the physical body is normal. As the Egyptian were saying, death is a miracle (book of the dead). People associate death with the end of life. But this is not true. Death is the key in order to ascend later on.

Something is up. Something soon will take the breath of man. They will finally realize that we are one and only one.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

I am sorry to hear your our struggling. Out of chaos comes order my friend. Hang in there!!
YES our spirits live on. We are energy and energy cannot be destroyed, only transformed. That has been proven by science.
I can not give you empirical truth... no one can. That is the great mystery. You must find it for yourself.

However, I can tell you truly... when my dad passed away I was there. I heard the woooooosh of his last breathe, a sound lasting far longer that an average exhale, and much more powerful.

It was then that his "light" came out of his mouth and hovered over the bedclothes until I was about to get my mind around it. When I finally said "Dad"... his ball of light rose to the heavens.

No one will ever convince me that death is merely the grave. Perhaps that is why I was allowed such a confirmation?

Namaste' Brother!
You are not alone... You are ALL-ONE

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fakemessiah

Certainly not. I'm not here to play reindeer games with you or anyone else. I pull no punches so you're exactly right pal.

" Which is the way he wants it. Well he gets it. I don't like it, anymore than you men". Struther Martin- Cool hand luke. !965

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redVerbal
I can not give you empirical truth... no one can. That is the great mystery. You must find it for yourself.

Here is some empirical evidence for you...the dead guy in my tv.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Gee, I hope I didn't throw sand in the gears. There has been so much respectful discourse, lovely soliloquies, high-minded metaphysical philosophizing, and mutual admiration societies newly minted on this thread that I would hate to derail such a thing of beauty with an intrusion so garish as pictures of the goddamned dead guy(s) in my house that are the best evidence I at least have ever come across that something persists after taking the inevitable big dirt nap we are all destined for.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Elbereth because: tyop

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hey there, no need to worry! I'm answering you to re-kindle your hopes for better times to come and YES! there is life to come. It'll be your choice when you are at home. When your time is done here in hell, my personal perspective on this world at this time. It hasn't been easy for me either. I made a connection a few years back that changed everything and I'm going to tell you how to do it too!! What I'm about to relate to all of you is how I have connected with God.
It is what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount. "the Kingdom of God is within you".
It was not my intention at the time to do this.
I am well educated in hard science/adv. mathematics,
I had read thru an old book on astral projection. I gave it consideration.
one afternoon when it was very quiet I laid down for a nap.
I cleared all my waking thoughts from my mind.
I then repeated over and over "peace and love".
I fell off to sleep which quickly went became an out of body experience.
I found myself in an out of doors setting, there were large rocks/boulders and scrubby
trees. I walked down to this area and noticed that there was water running thru the rocks,
I could feel it on my feet. then a male figure appeared in front of me,
he never turned to face me or spoke. I followed him and came to a rock wall.
I crossed it and found myself in the tunnel so often described
in the near death experience. the tunnel was black and grey, no sound,
only the light at the end. so as I stood there I saw the light and said
"Our Dear Lord", it was then I got scared and withdrew back into my body.
After that the visions began and have never stopped. Mary has come twice and
God Himself once. there are too many visions to tell here, but I will tell part of
God's message since it will affect all who live in the U.S.A.. He said that there
will be a civil war in this country. no where, when etc.... this is the short version.
I have been allowed to (soul travel) as well, and I know what lay beyond this physical world. please try this when it is quiet where you live. my wife asked me to say that the more populated it is where you are and closer to sea level the thicker the veil is between the spiritual world and ours the physical world. I hope this will help. love to you, steve

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why?

Yes. I believe in life after life.

It all has to do with knowledge of my own human spirit. Either you believe in a human spirit or you don't.

I like to sum up the human spirit in a riddle for skeptics or non-believers:

What is the difference between you and your corpse? One has something that the other doesn't...
Spirit = Life Force

In general I avoid people who insist there is no life after death. I find them to be reckless and dangerous. When I am in their presence bad things tend to happen. I try to associate with spiritual people in general. I consider myself non-religious by the way.

I would love to roam the earth as a ghost! Think of all the things you could do! You could spy on every world head of state. You could spy on every security agency, the police, secret societies...imagine finding out who really runs the world in real time no less.

All in all I look forward to death regardless if I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

In general I avoid people who insist there is no life after death. I find them to be reckless and dangerous. When I am in their presence bad things tend to happen. I try to associate with spiritual people in general. I consider myself non-religious by the way.

This is why people are still so skeptic of these things, if people who insist there is life after death in fact also show ignorance as opposed to open-mindedness they tend to associate it also with their beliefs. The only difference between me, who believes in a level of spirituality and awareness after death, and someone who doesn't is our assumptions about it. That's really it. Doesn't make them reckless -or- dangerous and it's rude to suggest that they are. It's things like this that put me off finding my own truth for so long.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinnj

This is why people are still so skeptic of these things, if people who insist there is life after death in fact also show ignorance as opposed to open-mindedness they tend to associate it also with their beliefs.

I am very open minded. It is you who is IGNORANT of the English language. I said I avoid people who "INSIST" there is no life after death. I didn't say I avoid people who DOUBT the existence of an after life or likewise. I have the right to avoid people who's opinions I find offensive. Instinct, wisdom and experience tell me I'm right.

Whenever I go against my instinct I always regret it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakemessiah
reply to post by randyvs

Im sorry to say, but no one suffered for me.

Behold! The flawless perfect human being!

(bowing down in waves).. i'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

Imagine this. What if the source of all life is, as quantum physics would suggest, a realm or domain of limitless possibility, yet a person, in their mind and nervous system and in their heart of hearts is prepared to go to any lengths to deny the possibility of either God or of life after life, and are utterly convinced, to the very core of their being that such a thing simply is not and cannot be possible, and that person dies, beleiving that it's "lights out, worm food, yadayadayada" probably in a state of panic and fear if the least bit conscious when it happens..
If God and life after life were then presented as a possibility, freely, but as something representing a loving, free gift (eternal life or life after life) requiring by neccessity, the freedom to choose (or there's no love in it) since there is and must always be choice (also at the heart of quantum physics) - would they choose oblivion, rather than be open to the possibility of God and of life meeting life in eternity? Might they or some of them argue AGAINST the presenter of this gift, and rather ague for their own non-existence, than to accept the possibility of God?
If the Tibbetans are correct, that our state of mind at the point of death matters, then such conditioning (against infinite possibility) represents the very worst possible thing a person can engage in in this life.
Thus, the (hardened) atheist is playing a very high stakes game, very possibily with his own eternal soul, but I don't mean this in the usual "fire and brimestone" sense of the Christian fundamentalists (which removes the free choice of love ie: "believe or be damned"), and yet strangely, it's something that amounts of the same thing (eternal separation from the Godhead via non-existence or non-participation) yet by choice.
I think it's a terrible thing to convince one's self of, the materialist-monist (matter alone is primary) viewpoint, to the exclusion of the possibilty of God at all cost, even if it means the ending of one's own true self, just to "prove a point"...
May they too "get" the cosmic joke prior to the point, of no-return!

edit on 1-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fakemessiah

No one needs die for my mistakes. I want to be accountable for everything myself. I feel the biggest sin of all is to ask someone to die for me. However, I would die for another human being in the right set of circumstances. Just depends.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join