It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gov't knowing everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i heard taht the govt knows more about you and you do about yourself.. i believe i heard it in class taht when you're born a book is written about your whole life.

can someone confirm this for me?

im a new member as of today..so i apologize for my grammer spelling. etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
the only thing i've ever heard that's even close to what you'r esaying is that maybe your parents create a baby book when you're born.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I heard rumors that MI5 has a file of information of everyone who lives in the UK. But MI5 deny this claim all the time.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Most governments just know basic information about citizens like addresses, nationalities, birth dates, etc. However, if the government has reason to believe you're a threat to the country(meaning they believe you're a terrorist, have terrorist ties, or in trouble with Johnny Law), they'd probably crack down on your ass and find out anything and everything they can.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuntin
when you're born a book is written about your whole life.

And how exactly is this supposed to have been done? When was this suposed o have been started, does it include everyone, are you talking about america or somewhere else? There are 300 million people in america. Does that mean a minimum of 300 million books? You siad you heard it in class, was it something another student told you? Do you infact beleive it?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
All I know is my book would be AWESOME. It would be a best-seller.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
yeah, i think it could happen , the file thing, not "a book about your life" kind of thing. i do think that the CIA has files on everyone, maybe even everyone in the world, and they may be color coded, like people who are like no threat at all, are in blue files, and the 1% of people who are dangerous, are in red files, and people that nobody is supposed to know about "AKA Top secret experiments and agents" are in black files. and they keep these files, like as president bush would say "its for the sake of national security"

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's all in a database somewhere...the moment you are born, get a driver's license, credit card, etc. but that's about it...hardly a "book"...just a collection of data.....

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
They know a lot more than you think they would, that is for sure!

When I was getting a security clearance in basic training in the 1980's, people were contacted and asked about me who's names I couldn't even remember. I thought it was bizarre that people like my first grade teacher, youth group leader, summer camp counselors, etc. were sent questionnaires asking all sorts of things about me. I couldn't even tell you the name of any of those people, but the government sure knew who they were

I had no idea until my mom told me she had been getting some "strange" phone calls from people she hadn't seen in years asking if I had gotten in trouble with the law or something. It was very spooky...

I ended up not taking the crypto job, but I was very glad that I hadn't done anything that could have been embarrasing or illegal, lol.

new topics

top topics

join