It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$42 Million From Seven Foundations Helped Fuel the Rise of Islamophobia in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Following a six-month long investigative research project, the Center for American Progress released a 130-page report today which reveals that more than $42 million from seven foundations over the past decade have helped fan the flames of anti-Muslim hate in America.

Over the past few years, the Islamophobia network (the funders, scholars, grassroots activists, media amplifiers, and political validators) have worked hard to push narratives that Obama might be a Muslim, that mosques are incubators of radicalization, and that “radical Islam” has infiltrated all aspects of American society — including the conservative movement.

I HIGHLY recommend that you go visit the link at the bottom. They have some interesting information and regardless of your view on Islam and Muslims in the US I take it you don't like being lied to. I have to admit that I am not entirely fond of the religion, that I fear an influx of Muslims into Western society. At the same time, I don't want my opinion dictated to me by a bunch of rich bastards with ulterior motives (I suppose that's always going to happen though).

Link

I'd really love your thoughts on this ATS.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have to say I stopped reading when I saw the Center for American Progress mentioned. Communist scum that wants to spread their views of multiculturalism and Marxism.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I really dont think islam needs any help gathering enemies, they do a pretty good job without help.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Good point.

___

Next poster I agree with you too. I just don't like being lied to.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The biggest lies going are coming from these kinds of communist groups and they do a damn good job of it too. These types are the real terrorists and the general public is blind to it, they have been systematically destroying our country from the inside out for decades.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
I really dont think islam needs any help gathering enemies, they do a pretty good job without help.

Perhaps if you had read the 130 page PDF file your opinion would carry more weight .

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Center for American Progress

them again? no thanks after reading that part i would take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

$42 Million From Seven Foundations Helped Fuel the Rise of Islamophobia in America
The report, titled “Fear Inc.: The Roots Of the Islamophobia Network In America,” lifts the veil behind the hate, follows the money, and identifies the names of foundations who have given money, how much they have given, and who they have given to:

The link in the paragraph above is to the pdf report.
From the report:

Why it matters

• These attacks go right to the heart of two critically important
national issues: the fabric and strength of our democracy and our
national security. Our Constitution upholds freedom of religion for
all Americans. Contending that some religions are not part of the
promise of American freedoms established by our founders directly
challenges who we are as a nation.

• One of Al Qaeda’s greatest recruitment and propaganda tool is
the assertion that the West is at war with Islam and Muslims—an
argument that is strengthened every day by those who suggest all
Muslims are terrorists and all those practicing Islam are jeopardiz-
ing U.S. security.

- - page 6

edit on 29-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink

I was going to mention that due to the actions of some (not all) radical muslims, fear/hate of muslims would have occurred without any other actions. But that's exactly what the radical muslims wanted to happen IMO. They wanted western governments - out of fear - to change the lifestyles of all their citizens. Proof: Now we have the TSA here in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

join