It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GLENN BECK: Hurricane Irene Is "A Blessing" -- A Reminder To Stockpile Food And Water For Armagedd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Glenn Beck has a different take on Hurricane Irene than most east-coasters.

He says it's "a blessing"--a reminder to you to go our and fill your house with a cache of food and water so you're ready for Armageddon. (Or something--In this quote, at least, he doesn't specify what you're getting ready for):

How many warnings do you think you’re going to get, and how many warnings do you deserve? This hurricane that is coming thorough the East Coast, for anyone who’s in the East Coast and has been listening to me say ‘Food storage!’ ‘Be prepared!’ … If you’ve waited, this hurricane is a blessing. It is a blessing. It is God reminding you — as was the earthquake last week — it’s God reminding you you’re not in control.

Things can happen. Be prepared and be someone who can help others so when disaster strikes, God forbid, you’re not panicking. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Don't know much about this bloke but he has a pretty funny take on it, seems like some covert fear mongering going on here.

How could it possibly be a blessing? Millions of homes were without power and it totally disrupted the east coast and people also died, so I don't really see how he can say this.

While I do see that it is important to stockpile food just in case of something disastrous, with everything going on lately I think it's interesting that he is saying this. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that they are encouraging people to be somewhat prepared for something that is coming....maybe it's just a precautionary measure, but it seems to me that there is more to it than this........
edit on 28-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I personally think getting ready for any type of Armagedden scenario is the most worthless thing someone can do.. What happens if you run out of items, and food?? All your doing is delaying the inevitable.. I dont understand how all these people are building bunkers and such, it makes no sense.. Ur going to run out of resources eventually, if something even does happen. Its like hey guys lets try to outlast everyone else by like a year or so..

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Well Glenn Beck is a Mormon and they believe in preparing stores of food for the end times.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Already posted days ago, can find the other thread HERE

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

all opinions of Glenn Beck aside (Pro, Con & Indifferent)
He's a member of the Church of Latter day Saints, which promotes the stockpiling of supplies that your family normally uses. for times when times are tight. a years worth of food goes along way to help if you're out of a job/ "under employed". he's simply preaching what he practices... so to speak.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

I think it is more that there may be a period where it will be difficult to get food and there may be no electricity etc. So one would stock enough food to get them through this period of disharmony and chaos, three-six months kinda thing. If there was lets say an EMP (electro magnetic pulse, people say that solar flares can have similar effects) that knocked out the worlds power for six months then things would be tough, we rely so much on technology and computers for almost everything these days that if we were to lose all of that in an instant then things would get heavy in the cities. So it's more about surviving the period of chaos before things return to a relatively harmonious state.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jazkaat

Oh well that kinda makes sense if he is a mormon. Having a stash of a years worth of food would really help if there was some kind of disaster, it just came across as kinda fear mongering to me at first.....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Beck is a goof with a backwards ass agenda, he is waiting on the end of the world...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Well Glenn Beck is a Mormon and they believe in preparing stores of food for the end times.

I know who all the Mormons are in my village.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazkaat

He's a member of the Church of Latter day Saints, which promotes the stockpiling of supplies that your family normally uses. for times when times are tight. a years worth of food goes along way to help if you're out of a job/ "under employed".

Would it really be worth it to stockpile more than two weeks of food and water? After that time, wouldn't organized bands of looters be scouring the neighborhood and breaking into everyone's homes and stealing everything?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect

Would it really be worth it to stockpile more than two weeks of food and water? After that time, wouldn't organized bands of looters be scouring the neighborhood and breaking into everyone's homes and stealing everything?

In that scenario, it's fight or flight. you can't plan for every scenario though. I can throw "worst case scenarios" all day long.. "what if the house burnt down", floods, tornadoes etc, etc, etc. but, like I said ... "out of work", paycheck is short a few hours, new job w/ less $$... a little extra at home, already set aside, can make a big difference. Can't hurt to plan "A little".

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect

That's why you alos stockpile firearms and munitions, my friend. Organized bands of looters are little to no match against a fortified, defensible position.

To the OP, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is here. From the quoted article, it is admitted that Beck didn't refer to "Armageddon" at all. He was looking at an overhyped, underdelivering storm as a great motivator to otherwise unprepared East coasters. In this day and age, anyone who doesn't have a backup plan as far as food & water goes is a fool.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

beck has inside info from the egyption/jw/mormon/freemason god, lucifer

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
beck has inside info from the mormon/jw/egyptian/freemason god, lucifer

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I live on the East Coast and while I didn't stock up or buy into the "Hype", I did make sure I had plenty of batteries, food for at least a couple of days, stuff for my dogs. I'm glad I did because we lost power at 10 a.m. est yesterday and as of right now it's still not restored. We've heard that it will take several days.

I was bitching all night about Nstar and the fact that while everyone else prepared for the storm, they didn't start to work until yesterday... must be nice making $100 an hour overtime. Meanwhile, I didn't think it was much of a storm until I drove through my neighborhood and town this morning. Total devastation. Massive trees snapped and down everywhere, power lines down everywhere. I had to go seven towns North just to find a gas station (and dunkin donuts) with power!

I think storm hype and preparation all depends on your perspective. I mean if you live in a city in an apartment I guess the storm didn't seem so bad. If you live in a farming community where your house is surrounded by, and your streets are lined with 100ft pines and 300 year old Oaks and Maples it's a different story.

Now I wouldn't bother stock piling to survive and end of the world scenario... that's just silly. If that were the case I say bring on the chaos and take me with it. However, for a hurricane where you're looking at three days to a week of clean up, power loss, repair, etc. Yeah... it makes sense to have at minimum some working flash lights, food and water. Just my opinion

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just love servivalest typs oo but I have guns and will kill all teh looters trying to steal my stuff .
These people are all red necksw and dont have a clue what the real world is .
the one place this sceam mite work is alaska any other state lets see you hold off the hords of MILLIONS who btw have guns TO with you and your 10 people staying at your place lololol.
Not a clue simply not a clue lololol
I grante people KNOW who you are and lol its not the looters who will be at your door first but THE MILITARY
as they try to matain order. you wont last till the looters stage it will be going as solders take it out the frount door lolololol OOO im such a bad no one will messs with me hells angles lolol its only woirks when every one is living like they do now . when there starving I grante your kill them all attude wont stop them

new topics

top topics

join