It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*announcment* Attention ATS -- Very Important Information!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Moths to a flame.
But sometimes the flame comes to the moth.
We come here seeking the truth,but sometimes the truth finds us.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksky
Gotta love these threads that pop up once in a while when somebody gets enough.. or just wants to be a smartass

OP, youre on a conspiracy site, we are here because we like to discuss these things and most of us have already read threads like this one reminding us of what what we already knew.

Well, at least you're polite.

True I'm on a conspiracy site, and I'm here because I love conspiracies. It's more so my mind screaming "your stapler falling off of your desk is NOT a conspiracy OR a sign".. I dunno, I guess I shoulda expected people to disagree. =)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Not everything is a conspiracy and most definitely not everything is controlled. The elite are not at a stage, at this moment, where they could control everything. What they do control is 99% of all politicians, all of the mainstream media, most of the medical world and scientific world. So yes, a lot of it is controlled but much of it isn't. I have noticed the same thing, almost anything happens in this world, and the site automatically comes with a post about it with someones theory. But, I guess that is good? The ones that ultimately make sense, end up being top topics and the ones that are debunked only have a day or two of life in them.

The purpose of it all, in my opinion, is to have people question things. Does it help with debunking what is true and what isn't? probably not, but it is safe to say that this website is interesting, because even with some topics being completely crazy, it is open to everything. In a sense, where society is too dismissing of alternative thinking, ATS is almost too open

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Not all disasters are false flag attacks

Not all storms are haarp controlled

Not all earthquakes are haarp controlled OR results of elenin alignments

Not all comets are nibiru

Not all dying birds are crashing ufo’s

Not all cry babies are indigo’s

Not all groundbreaking info on youtube *cough*dutchsense*cough* is true

Not all politicians that die of natural causes were assassinated

Not all rocks on mars are people

Not all shadows on the moon are nuclear footprints from when we bombed the Russian or Soviet moon base or whatever it is

But….all politicians are crooked… all media is corrupt… oil is still spewing from the floor of the Gulf of Mexico.. and all vaccines are poison ;-)

I’m not undermining anybody’s opinions or interests, I’m just trying to say that it seems that we (myself included) discuss every single thing that comes across this site as if it’s engineered or obscured in some way. Even in breaking alternative news. Really though it’s like, if Obama was out golfing or flying a kite in this hurricane right now and got struck by lightning, somewhere on the first page of the thread somebody would say “finally they used haarp on the guy who needed it”. They don’t control as much as it seems, even though money is a damn good remote. I can’t shake the feeling that somehow, we’re opening the door for more and more stuff to be replaced with engineered creations, and illusions.

With this mentality we are subliminally breeding the idea that the world is perfect. If EVERYTHING that happens is engineered, then realistically, nothing bad just, happens.

On the flip side

I could be totally wrong, and tptb could have a machine that’s like that girl Candice from heroes: the one that can project elaborate illusions… Then I’d just go into the history books as some revolutionary, optimistic hippie…

edit on 28-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

i think you went off the deep end need a hand?? maybe added a lot to a stoory

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

in all honesty, i've been off the deep end and i wish i could get a hand but i definitely don't expect it from somebody who only asks it to push me further down and make me feel worse than i already do in life...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You are my hero for saying this, more perfect words have never been spoken!

2nd

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

many would disagree... but your statement simply means that you understood my thread.. thank you

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Really though it’s like, if Obama was out golfing or flying a kite in this hurricane right now and got struck by lightning, somewhere on the first page of the thread somebody would say “finally they used haarp on the guy who needed it”.

I am quite positive you are onto something...not a bad idea though.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I agree with you OP! S&F for you

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
I feel the same way!! Sometimes a storm is just a storm and sometimes a movie is just a movie. Conspiracies are ok but not everything is a conspiracy.

All politicians ARE criminals. All dictators are evil...that's why they are called a dictator.

You will probably live longer if you stop trying to find a false flag/conspiracy/cover-up/psy-op in every little thing that happens on a daily basis.

This is insluting. My father was a politician. Nice one you just got personel from ignorance.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I would say, If you don't look for something, you will never find it.

Even if most of the theories that come up on ATS are bunk and I am not saying that most of them are or aren't, as I am not egotistical enough to just dismiss others ideas without research but say 90% of them are bunk, I still like it because without looking at everything, the 10% that are valid would never be found.

One way to say it, I guess, If you want the needle, you have to look through the entire haystack. That is my opinion.
edit on 29-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: or to are, spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
**ATTEONTION ATS**

I dont always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis...

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Haarp, its not just us that are conspiricy theorists, this dudes a russian politician who confirmed our fears....our crazy thinking doesn't come out of no where

freeeeaky.

by hapablab because: cant get the video to show up

edit on 29-8-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You forgot.

Not All Trees Are Green

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You sir are obviously a disinfo agent working for a certain 3 letter agency.
With the excuse that Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
LOL.

I totally agree with you. Sometimes a rock that looks like a person is just a rock folks.
LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Dude what do you expect? Your on a conspiracy discussion website. Its posted to be analyze. If some people dont want to take the time to research the threads and topic then they end up falling not you. Some people will believe any thing posted on this site with out analysis. Allot of what I see on ATS ends up being a hoax or their is a some other better explanation but that does not matter. ATS is much more then a news bulletin website. Its a good tool to use to teach your self how to conduct research. So what if their are a couple hoaxs posted and some far fetched idea's, find one you are interested in and see what you can find on the topic to make your skills better. Some times these threads gain some hard ground evidence.
edit on 29-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL what kind of thread is this?!? Not this, that, and the other is a conspiracy(said on a conspiracy theory site)....MAYBE.

It was an ats-defeating and self-negating post, I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not all, but some. Being able to determine which is which is where the critical thinking comes into play.

And as for politicians, I think that some may not start out corrupt, but as time goes by and they learn the ins and outs, they mostly all become corrupt, eventually.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Out of the fertile, loamy soil of pure BS sometimes spring flowers of rare beauty and, occasionally, truth. ATS is a speculative forum for the most part, so I don't get upset if I see lots of, well...speculation.

Remember that old saw about how if a hundred monkies typed for all eternity somewhere in there one of them would produce the complete works of Shakespere? On ATS we have thousands of typing monkies. I catch more than a few sonnets here and there amid the flotsam and jetsam.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join