It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request : Ban Reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Some of us actually care about other contributors, whether we know them in person, or not.

and then...

You're taking this a bit too literally like they are personal friends. I have a lot of respect for people here, much like many others, and don't need their personal contact information to justify that.

So which is it champ..? Talking out your ass does nothing for the conversation...

Ah, so quoting my post and telling me I am talking out of my ass is somehow doing something for the conversation?

What was I not clear about, champ?
edit on 8/28/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Sadly that is not the way it works. Whatever caused the user to be banned was a result of an extreme T&C violation....usually multiple violations. I would know. I was banned. It was not one message. It was multiple violations and provoking moderators. They are not going to post info that was from a T&C violation. All they have to do is say that it was a violation.

That is really all they would need to say. Just because the ban seems weird, doesn't mean you have all the info. They will scrub the offenses and private messages from the system. Usually they deserve it (or the mod was having a very bad day). It happens.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i sometimes wonder why people were banned to, so i can understand where the O.P. is coming from, it's not because i am nosey etc. it is just sometimes it is hard to understand why some people get banned as there is no visible thing you can see that would of led to it.

but i tend to agree it is none of our business and i am sure people are banned for legitimate reasons.
but at the same time you do wonder if somebody was banned for their views or 'getting to close to the truth'
i don't think that is the case but because you don't know why it is always there in the back of your mind.

so posting why people were banned would just provide a little transparency to members that people are not being banned for disagreeing etc etc.

i do not think this happens as i have already said, but i can see where the o.p. is coming from. i can also see how it is something that should be treated as 100% private between the members and staff.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Sorry if this exists, and I've overlooked it...

I notice there are a lot of people being banned from the forum .. for what reasons, I don't know. But I do think that if someone is going to be X'd out of the equation, we could at least have a report on these decisions.. It kind of sucks to see that someone you may have had contact with, or liked their views, or something, gets booted and is never heard from again.

So, my request, assuming that this does not exist, is that when a contributing user is banned, that the community can at least get some kind of public record of this (while signed in) - who, when, and why. And I say contributing members so we don't include spam accounts. Or everything can be included in this list, but I just think it'd be cleaner without the spam accounts.

I just happen to see a lot of these 'Why was so-and-so banned?' threads, and I think it would be nice to know why someone was sent packing, rather than to just suddenly see their status as banned, whereas they no longer have a voice in the forum, and the decision is left a mystery.

BTW I used to do this on another forum of my own, so I am just sharing the idea, as the user's do respect it.

Please let me know your opinions on this.

Thanks

This wont happen because many people are banned for
making politically incorrect posts. In other words for not towing the cultural marxist line.

Also they will delete your posts and warn you, but not tell you what you did, like the a h
just did to me. I dont even remember what I said. This is ground zero for WW III.
Its every man for himself.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

With all due respect, YOUR argument sucks.

Personally, I very much like this idea.

reply to post by adraves

Provoking Mods? Or Mods provoking you...? Regardless, it would be nice if they actually gave you a fair warning first.....
edit on 28-8-2011 by Bleak because: Added second reply.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A clear thing is, the retardness level of ATS is going beyond anything expected... Some guy asks for some list or report about banned people, and the sheeptards runt to torch him, gotta love ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As I said in my previous post... I'll digress from this under the circumstances that staff will offer me an answer if I contact them directly relating any given account.

It doesn't have to go public to the registered community, but it doesn't have to remain a secret either.

I'm entertaining an issue, and it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be handled the way I propose. I'm just proposing this idea because I've put it into motion in other forums I've operated, and it wasn't so taboo as some try to make it out to be. When you have a tight-nitch community, people like to be aware of management's decisions.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
In the event that moderators are open to accepting input, I would just like to add that it would be nice if banning were done much more sparingly.

I had an "ATS friend" who was banned. While some may have found her/him belligerent at times, he/she was super smart. I would often check in to read her/his posts. Now I don't come around as much anymore.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Reaching because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by Reaching because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is a longstanding policy at ATS to refrain from discussing the details of a member’s banning. Suffice it to say that in the case of any member they were engaged in some particularly egregious conduct (direct violation of the ATS Terms & Conditions) and have been banned by the Three Amigos or by a consensus of the Senior Staff. As is the case with most banned members, this past member is not eligible for future membership, and the decision regarding the member status is final. No review now, or in the future is possible.

This may seem harsh, but in light of the details surrounding the banning, it is correct action.

References:

Mod Note: How Not To Be Banned From ATS – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, feel free to U2U myself or any other Staff Member, or use the ATS Complain/Suggestion feature located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Thanks,

Closing

Semper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join