It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings Increase 67 Percent In 3 Years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Interesting report on UFO sightings:

UFO Sightings Increase 67 Percent In 3 Years, History Channel Investigates Unexplained Aerial Phenomena

Very interesting to know that most of these reports are in Canada and the U.S.

The Mutual UFO Network -- the largest privately funded UFO research organization in the world -- tells The Huffington Post that more people than ever are reporting unidentified flying objects, mostly in the United States and Canada.

Full story here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Just to add that this story isn't the usual "they must be little green men" and there is some interesting snippets from other incidents.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
At a guess,maybe because the stigma of reporting UFO sightings has passed ,making people more comfortable with reporting such things instead of being labelled a fruitcake.Or more ufo's here watching our demise

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
At a guess,maybe because the stigma of reporting UFO sightings has passed ,making people more comfortable with reporting such things instead of being labelled a fruitcake.Or more ufo's here watching our demise

Would tend to agree with that, but it is leading to a lot of false sightings

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
At a guess it would be because you can make money from bs stories, and you will have a crowd of people willing to believe any old bs....so its like printing your own money.

Youtube is full of UFO channels....most peddling amateurish made hoax videos. They want to be paid for clicks on adverts and maybe even a partnership.

This new generation is more gullible than the one that came before them. They will buy any old crap and believe similarly

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
At a guess it would be because you can make money from bs stories, and you will have a crowd of people willing to believe any old bs....so its like printing your own money.

Youtube is full of UFO channels....most peddling amateurish made hoax videos. They want to be paid for clicks on adverts and maybe even a partnership.

This new generation is more gullible than the one that came before them. They will buy any old crap and believe similarly

That's partly true but don't forget the sightings that are just genuine mistakes like the Kansas City one. That bloody CGI crap is annoying though, identifiable but annoying.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

lol yup.....people see what they want.

I just replied to another thread saying i could make 20-30 videos a week claiming they were genuine footage of UFO's. Most people would believe id captured something out of this world....some would look at it further and question its authenticity.

Grab a camera phone....film a plane from a distance, with just the dark sky as a reference, zoom in until there is no more zoom on the phone....claim the orbs are UFO's...easy peasy lemon squeezy lol.

Lucky i have far better things to do...otherwise this forum would be full of my bs vids haha

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I agree with the Stigma of reporting UFO's theory....people are not automatically labelled crazy, stupid, gullible, liars or plain ignorant automatically from reporting them.

For the idea that people can make money I think that is plain crazy. I've just recently learned of people in my family, with military backgrounds that know about terestrial aircraft, have seen UFOs. Yes it is a FACT that they were UFOs because the crafts could not be identified and people failt to realize that a UFO is simply an unidentified flying object.

Although in these cases they were positive that the craft was actually otherworldly. With the constant stigma that has been out there they were never reported and never told to anyone until now. I myself am also ex-military having worked in the combat information center on aircraft carriers and other marine transport vessels with their own aircraft. I had to know about light configurations of aircraft, manueverability of aircraft and how to identify them. I saw what I thought was a shooting star until it pulled off maneuvers at speeds that would turn a human to jelly.

That was not of this world although I would still never officially report it anywhere because some people are so afraid of anything outside of their norm that they will still label someone crazy or the like for reporting things like that. Some people are so desperate to hold on to what they consider their normal existance that they jump on any explanation provided, no matter how implausible or how many times it changes or even if the person providing the explanation even witnessed the same phenomenon or not, as long as their normal life and understanding is not in danger of being challenged.
edit on 28-8-2011 by seeker1977 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

lol yup.....people see what they want.

I just replied to another thread saying i could make 20-30 videos a week claiming they were genuine footage of UFO's. Most people would believe id captured something out of this world....some would look at it further and question its authenticity.

Grab a camera phone....film a plane from a distance, with just the dark sky as a reference, zoom in until there is no more zoom on the phone....claim the orbs are UFO's...easy peasy lemon squeezy lol.

Lucky i have far better things to do...otherwise this forum would be full of my bs vids haha

I'm relieved you live an active life and don't spend it hoaxing

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

haha its like the other topic we both posted in....the ufo over london bridge....i know its cgi, as do you? but the guy in the op isnt aware how easy a video like that is to make.

Id say, 100% of the videos on Youtube are explainable, and are not ET craft sent to probe us etc.
Maybe i cant explain all 100% but i could get pretty damn close

If people think everything on Youtube is fact then im not surprised the figure has risen so drastically

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

you very well could be right, but then again maybe people really are seeing more "ufos" then before. Now im not saying that these crafts are being piloted by little green men, it just stands to reason that with the surge of technology and the lack of areanautic advancement in the last few years we are due for some new super secret flying doo-dads.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

The Mutual UFO Network -- the largest privately funded UFO research organization in the world -- tells The Huffington Post that more people than ever are reporting unidentified flying objects, mostly in the United States and Canada.
MUFON is most active in the US and Canada so they would get more reports there. There is probably more man made stuff to see in US and Canadian airspace too. There are probably more secret test vehicles in the US than anywhere else.

There are probably more planes than ever before in the skies, more satellites and more people in the world to spot them.

I will leave it there but you are probably getting the idea that all this information means is that it is getting harder than ever to cut out the noise and find truly anomalous sightings - most of which were probably black projects anyway.
edit on 28/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Oh yes and some nitwit decided to mass produce Chinese Lanterns and make them cheaply available.

edit on 28/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You guys are way off about "everyone who sees a UFO".

-My personal sightings in Massachusetts increased 1000% in the past 3 years compared to my whole life, so these stats are me all day.

-I also could care less what any of you think about me claiming to have seen several UFOs over a very short time period.

-I don't see what I want either, God I wish I could have that power that so many people have, I see the faces behind the masks, the truth behind the fiction, and the triangles in the skies.

-TR-3Bs are very real 100%, absolutely real, and VERY awesome machines! I got to see one move from 5000+ mph to about 10mph within the course of a minute.

"Pics or it didn't happen...."

-I got 1 pic left, the other one is somewhere on 2 different broken hard drives that suddenly stopped working on me. The pic sucks, I had little time to prepare my cell phone cam then take the shot before this thing went by me.

Through my windshield at night, corner TR-3B light with my cell LCD reflecting off glass - files.abovetopsecret.com...

Lightened up a bit - files.abovetopsecret.com...

Take it to a crime or space lab, dissect the crap out of it, that is a corner light of a real TR-3B at about 100-200FT over my car on a highway in Massachusetts back in April 2008.
It's not much but at least I finally can put to bed my personal Fact or Fiction about these damn things.

Edit: I just realized I wrote about my broken hard drives and another pic.... To the Alphabet agencies that may be reading this...
Yes I do still have the drives, the other pic is jumpy though but shows car headlights and tail lights on the highway and another set of headlights about 200FT over the trees coming at me. You will not see any VIN numbers of which TR-3B that was, nor any colors but yellow from it's lights in a jumpy motion, I was not very still taking it, I was almost pooping myself.
I will try again in the near future to retrieve that other pic, because it looks like a plane is about to land on the highway just going by the lights above the trees. Please don't Sneak n Peak my house for it, I will voluntarily try to upload it here soon.
Thanks,
JJ
edit on 28-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
EDIT: To remove quote

To you its a UFO....to me its a plane, bird, satellite, bug, meteor, cloud etc you get my drift

No need for pic/........
Your numbers dont add up, if it was doing 5000mph you could not observe it for 1 minute, it would travel over 80 miles....you cant see planes from that distance...sorry
You say it was 200ft up.....so that makes it IMPOSSIBLE.

You can view a plane at 30k feet for about 50 miles....at 200 feet you would be lucky to see it for 2 seconds at that speed

Your pic is nothing more than a pic of a light......it could be of ANYTHING. I could take a pic of my ps3 in the dark on a camera phone and claim its a UFO.

But as i say, its impossible what you are claiming to have seen

edit on 28-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
meanwhile on an unrelated note Photoshop purchases increase 200% in the past 3 years.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

lmao, you guys are interesting.

I told you the pic sucks, (edit - why would I try to perpetrate THIS as a REAL UFO and not use something far more decent? I used that pic because it's real, and if there are ANY photo experts that can dissect it, I won't have to eat crap for lying, that pic I'm 100% confident about. ) And if I find the other one I may wet myself with joy that I have a more tangible photo, but I had a 1 megapixel cell phone camera on me at the time, I'm not a papperazzi.

I estimate about 5000mph because it looked like a moving star in the sky when I first noticed it, I thought wow that plane is cruising pretty good. Then it turned and started getting brighter really fast, I grabbed my cell because I thought a plane was about to land on route 195 west bound.

It looked like headlights in the sky. My last thought was UFO, I didn't even know what a TR-3B was at the time, nor was I a UFO guy.

The headlights tilted slightly up and leveled off last minute, and it practically stopped on a dime over my lane and sat there for a few seconds, which is why the crappy pic is somewhat still and not so blurry as my other lost pic.

The center of it looked like ball lightening plasma or something. Each corner light was a different color too. 3 lights, 1 in each corner, and plasma ball in the center, TOTALLY silent run.

This was just about my exact perspective....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50e4572ce209.jpg[/atsimg]

Believe whatever you like man, I'm not trying to make money or gain fame, I am anonymous online never using my real name anywhere. I like my lack of fame, it's peaceful. Just sharing a story with you folks, I have no reason to fib about it, but to anyone who really researches them seriously maybe I can add a piece of info in their quests for facts.
edit on 28-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Im just saying your story doesnt add up.......if something passed you at 5000mph at 200ft your car would be on its roof.

If it had slowed to 10mph...it would have fallen from the sky.
If it was doing 5000mph you would have seen it for a fraction of a second.(in your upturned car)

Sorry dude...i dont believe what you have photographed is a Tr-3b or any other type of hypersonic craft.

I looked at your pic in more detail, its not altered...BUT that doesnt add any weight to your story as it could be literally ANYTHING lol.

Us guys are interesting....i think you mean astute,discerning,knowledgeable,perceptive,suspicious, unbelieving, untrusting,wise

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

Im just saying your story doesnt add up.......if something passed you at 5000mph at 200ft your car would be on its roof.

If it had slowed to 10mph...it would have fallen from the sky.
If it was doing 5000mph you would have seen it for a fraction of a second.(in your upturned car)

Sorry dude...i dont believe what you have photographed is a Tr-3b or any other type of hypersonic craft.

I looked at your pic in more detail, its not altered...BUT that doesnt add any weight to your story as it could be literally ANYTHING lol.

Us guys are interesting....i think you mean astute,discerning,knowledgeable,perceptive,suspicious, unbelieving, untrusting,wise

If you've never seen say, a car before, and I told you all about this thing I saw, you'd say what? That's impossible! Naturally, because it's outside anything you're currently aware of, as was I.

This doesn't seem to operate like any of this Flintstones crap they put on display for us useless eaters, this is a brand new way to fly it seems. THAT.... or it's alien, which I'm not buying.

So my options at this point are, I claim I believe it's a human design, or I claim it alien, which are both met with skepticism and ridicule, which I don't really care about.

I would love to have a better pic to offer right now but I don't, I'm lucky to have even this one having seen what I really saw in person and up close. I'm sure there's someone out there who can transform this pic into something anyone can confirm, like a corner edge of the craft near the light, maybe it's shape, I don't know but the pic is real and I'm not a master level photo guy.

I said 5000mph to about 10mph, meaning it went from a moving DOT in the sky, to what looked like a plane about to land in 30 seconds give or take, that's pretty fast, and it didn't skip a beat slowing down to a dull idle either. Any wind drag would have been when it's altitude was higher I'd imagine, it wasn't moving 5000mph then 10mph in 1 second, more gradual but a quick decrease. Didn't notice tree movements, was too focused on taking the pics and watching the cars in front of me further down.

Don't know if anyone on that road reported to MUFON or not, I didn't, but the date was about April 20-21, 2008, location was Seekonk, MA. route 195 east, time was somewhere around 9pm. I don't know MUFON's site really so I don't have any of their reports to back mine up, but they may be in their database.
edit on 29-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join