It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

....Can Somebody Educate Me On Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yo, I always see people on this website talking about Israel, and I have no idea about the current situation there. I guess you can thank this countries education system, but I don't remember learning a single thing about Israel from Kindergarden to High School.

Can somebody give me the run down on the history of Israel and what's happening over there? There's always some news stories about violence, people dying, and stuff like that, but I have no idea what the hell I'm reading about.
edit on 28-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Google is your friend.

M..... kay

It has been quiet lately.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Here let me help you with that:

All current information about Israel

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I just got a bunch of news article when I used search engines, I figured it would be quicker to get a quick run-down of what's been happening over there from somebody on this website than having to read through dozens of articles, most of which are posted on MSM websites.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Cheers!

lool thats fkn awsome thanks for that pal...

this is going to very useful for some lazy tards i know

for the op

remember when you are in square one just google + keyword + dummies

www.dummies.com...
edit on 28-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

NOTHING can replace doing the research on your own. You should NEVER rely on others to get you the facts, especially here on ATS, where facts are rare and opinion rules the land!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
haha.. really? picked a hell of a place to ask that question.

Perhaps you can start with the bible, then read about world war II. after that, you may be even more confused. Does anyone know anything about Israel? Cause to me its just Palestine walled up. minus the Palestinians of course.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

OK, I'll just consult Wikipedia then. Thanks Spock.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Go to www.Kolisrael.com then take your pick.

Now are you interested in the history of Israel or just news worthy jargan of whats happening today in Israel?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here's the 411 on Israel

According to America, Great Britain, France, basically every European country, Israel is the eternal victim of anti-semitism and the constant underdog when it comes to the Muslims eternal jihad. Israel wants to be "wiped off the map" so every president of every country must be on the side of Israel "you're either with us or with the terrorists" kind of mentality

According to the Muslims and a growing group of anti-zionists, Israel was an illegal territory created as a result of British politics following world war 1. The holocaust pushed migration of Jews to Israel, and basically Israel has taken the homes of the Palestinians because they believe it is their land by God's right. However, they have to kick people out who have lived their for centuries in order to have their chosen land.

Basically Israel/Palestine is a land dispute that has been going on for a long time, since the creation of Israel in 1948 but even longer than that considering the land at one time belonged to the Jews, then they were conquered by the Arabs, and now they have once again reclaimed the land, probably only to lose it once again to the Arabs. It's a never ending conquest of futility and war.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
wow too much to cover but look at wkipedia and also look thru the refs at th bottom of the page on wikipedia. also i recommend a book call six days of war.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

there was a father, had 12 sons, gave each a blessing, and (a curse, they were not great sons,) well except for one,,(also cursed as well,,something about a split in the family,,),,but,long story short,,
now there fighting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here ya go:

Israel (wikipedia)

History
Geography
Politics
Economy
Demographics
Culture

I know you'll have to do some reading, but if I explained it all here, you'd have to anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Thanks for explaining both perspectives, because I constantly see people saying stuff like "You're an anti-semite!" or "Oh jeez, another jew sympathizer" or things like that that have me scratching my head.

And thanks to those who weren't smartasses about it, I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Almost nobody has a "neutral" opinion on Israel so what you read will differ a lot depending on your sources!

There are three basic opinions: 1) Israel can do no harm; 2) Israel can do no good; and 3) [insert insane conspiracy theory here involving reptoids, the holy grail, cryptids, nibiru, etc.]

I recommend first you get the basic facts: A lot of people don't like Wikipedia but it's a good first start. You want to get a flow of the events in your head, a rough timeline: Wiki can help. As you read remember just about everything about Israel is contrversial so keep everything in an open file in your mind...don't be too quick to make a decision either way. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Israel is the light unto the nations. Darkness cannot comprehend the light. Darkness steals kills and destroys. Light honors, protects and defends. Find out which one of the two is Israel and you know the rest. Even Israel contains some darkness. This is why God is waiting on one nation to finally see the light. Once they do, the world will be at peace and the Darkness be rendered null by the light in all directions.

That's about all I have to say about that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Cheers!

That's neat! How did you do that?
Second line.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I suggest you do your own research. Almost no-one on this forum has a neutral opinion or prespective (myself included). In the end you will simply be caught up in a flood of propagandised information.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
I suggest you do your own research. Almost no-one on this forum has a neutral opinion or prespective (myself included). In the end you will simply be caught up in a flood of propagandised information.

Yes, but there has been some helpful info given for a basis of understanding. Your totaly right in that everyone has formed an opinion once they start researching, and propaganda is certainly used by all sides on any issue. It's truly rare when we find someone that opines strictly facts without personal agendas attached.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
wow too much to cover but look at wkipedia and also look thru the refs at th bottom of the page on wikipedia. also i recommend a book call six days of war.

One thing you generally won't find about the 6 days of war, is the assault by Israel on the American Naval Vessel the USS Liberty, so I suggest researching that as well, and the video by BBC "Dead in the Water".

As a Veteran, it has been a sore in my side for along time that our most coveted Ally would have committed such and attack, and which would've been considered and Act of War by any other country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join