It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Adult" Children Sue...Over 'Bad Mothering.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And no...given the events of this weekend, her first name is NOT Irene...

Two fairly wealthy (the family home is worth 1.5 mil), yet mean spirited, ingrates of 'adult children' found THREE(!!!) attorneys willing (ha!) to sue their mom for 'bad mothering' during their upbringing. Lil' Stevie Miner, 23 and his sister (don't call me Kathy!) Kathryn, 20, brought court action because their (divorced from their dad in '95 )mom...

Didn't take her to a car show; sent him a birthday card (devoid of cash!!! the horrors) that had (you cant make this up) a line up of tomatos on the front. Mommy dearest also argued about the price of 'party dresses' (my guess with the daughter...but maybe I need to review Court documents to assure that as fact); insisted they leave Homecoming activities and be home by midnight; and threatened the boy (with police involvement) if he didn't 'buckle his seatbelt.' Ouch...Mrs. Miner was the original 'click it or ticket' proffer...and...this must really have been devastating...'did not send care packages to college.' Oh the hugh manatee!!! No Pop Tarts and Pringles mailed by mom.

www.sltrib.com...

Honestly...just when ya think ya've heard it all...I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or lawyer up (I'm a mom myself!!!).
edit on 28-8-2011 by Glinda because: Typos.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
well obviously they have a point, she raised them after all.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So depressing. The entitlement generation strikes again. This had better get thrown out with a quickness. Facepalm.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/123ddaa1184f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This will make a great argument for the pro abortion crowd.

These little brats are walking around breathing up our oxygen when there isn't enough clean air to go around.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The case WAS dismissed by a Cook County, Illinois, Family Court Judge, Kathy Flanagan. My guess it was the notice of dismissal that brought the media attention.

I can't help but wonder (other than the obvious greed and maliciousness) that a book deal or reality show was somewhere in the back of one or both siblings heads.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Oh good. Look at me I'm one of the posters I hate that didn't read the article!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i looked into it a bit more, one of their lawyers was their father, the mothers ex husband.

i think that puts things into a clearer perspective.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Hell hath no fury...like a lawyer ex scorned?

What a gene pool..."son, have that tomato birthday card..that is 'evidence.'"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I hope the lawyers are charging these idiots a bundle because I'm sure they (the lawyers) know this isn't going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Is the 50th trimester too late for these guys? I think we can abort this one...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

top topics

join