It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if we where invaded?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
Why would they need to invade? Invasion is a Human thing. If super advanced
space Monkeys wanted our Planet, it would happen either so quick or so slow we would never even be aware that it had taken place. But if they did it the way humans do things, they'd trade us weapons for trinkets and let us fight amongst ourselves...hang on, thats what we are doing anyway.

Humans are not the only animal on this planet that takes part in Invasion. Plants invaded other plants areas weeds are a great example of this. Ants invaded other ant colonies. Swarms of locusts invade everything in their path.A tape worm invades our very bodies. Every animal on earth is all about invasion in one form or another.

When talking about Alien you cannot assume they are all peaceful or all invaders. One race of aliens could have factions of both. Unless they all think exactly alike.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If they were to invade, they won't be invading blindly. They probably have study our behaviors.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well said Agent Smith. Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds was a synthetic masterpiece, especially the preacher Nathanial played and sung by Phil Lynott of Thin Lyzzy

Seriously, why would they invade?? If they have not done already?? Maybe they already have?? What is the best way to destroy the population?? Divide and conquer... the british learn't this very early on... India, Ireland, Far East, Middle East, Africa! Set the population against itself and YOU have no need to fight yourself. Whether they are technologically advanced far in the future of Hu-man beings or even just a few decades or more than we are. Get into the Government population control centres and twist country against country. No need to intervene personally! Divide and conquer. Its been down for a thousand years and more here. Why not do it from afar????

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Humans are not the only animal on this planet that takes part in Invasion. Plants invaded other plants areas weeds are a great example of this. Ants invaded other ant colonies. Swarms of locusts invade everything in their path.A tape worm invades our very bodies. Every animal on earth is all about invasion in one form or another

Tell me something I don't know

Maybe Aliens are a metaphor for Americans, cuz they seem to be the only ones invading Earth on a military scale at the moment. I notice that alot of people seem to think we could repel the aliens with guns..
...good luck...the fact that we haven't dragged any dead aliens thru the streets yet would seem to imply it would be as successful as an ant trying to p.i.s.s on an elephant to make him go away.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Whats the name of that one alien civilization who supposedly genetically enginered us to like them? Anyway don't they want our planet for our copper

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Whats the name of that one alien civilization who supposedly genetically enginered us to like them? Anyway don't they want our planet for our copper

Nah they wanna have some fun with Earth girls. If the Aliens exist, haven't they always been here? That would kinda a make them zoo keepers yeah? Maybe they don't come from outer space, maybe they come from somewhere simultanously further away yet right next door.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
As the humans advance to higher technology and genetically manipulated intelligence, the barbarian race will no longer exist. Aliens must know, what our future holds, as they had plenty of chance to investigate other planets to see how the intelligent lifeform advances.

If they knew, that humans will be hostile to them, they would have started a war against us by now, to destroy humans forever.

It would be over before we event felt death. If we infact where invaded it depends on how the invasen is ment to be. Is it a Heaven invasion or a Hell invasion. If it where the Heaven one we wouldnt do a thing, If it was the hell one we couldnt do a thing so we are stuck anyways. But this would never happen anyways they must first bypass our creators in space, and they are advance.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
Nah they wanna have some fun with Earth girls.
(...)
[edit on 22-8-2004 by Zero Point]

They don't have what it takes to to have fun with girls!! LMAO

Seriously... What if indeed they didn't have to invade us to be able to "control" or "use" us?

Some people are arguing that most of the religions and philosophies were induced by them to shape our path in history, and some argue that abductions are a way to insert some minor genetical evolutions to our race. That said (quite simply, yes...) they just maybe don't want to invade us as we are already controlled from outside? Or not controlled, but, let's say guided...

Who knows...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Taking the above post into consideration it would seem that an invasion could be achieved by gradual evolution. Simply modify the dna with their own. Allowing populations to share the dna about. Continue to drop and and add more dna. This would seem to leave the end game where there would be no differences, thus removing any chance of hostility since we would be simular. The downside being the cost in time.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well, if an alien race with FTL technology had ill intentions toward us we'd be gone faster than you could say "Holy Shi--!"

If they have sub-FTL or anything less than overwhelming supieriority they wouldn't bother coming here, unless you're M. Night Shamalayan and your alien invaders are mysteriously allergic to water.

Read "Worldwar" by Harry Turtledove. The alien invaders set out to conquer us around the 13th century because they see people are wearing chain mail. The aliens have 1990's American military technology and 21st-century space technology, and they are in hypersleep until they arrive here in 1942. The invasion fleet then has to try and conquer all of Earth before the colonization fleet arrives. Good reading.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It all depends on a few things... the alien race. what there objectives are
and has alien race had any experiance in war?
Lets say they have and there war stradegy is a more advanced version of the US Military. It would start be alot of recon to find areas that pose a threat to them. Then there would be an extreme bombing campaign to destroy all immediate threats and any military facility. If the alien race had no intrest in the plant, people or resorces then they would proberly destroy everything. If they wanted somethiing on this planet like slaves, resorces, a new world then they would send in their army to clean up what was'nt destroyed.

The recon would take time and we may not know about it. But the bombing campaign would be very quick, depending on the size of their force.

Lets hope we come across an alien race who has had no experiance in war.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Those aliens who genetically engineered us from monkeys.. they are white, tall creatures, the Sun hurts their eyes and skin. Could be the "Men In Black", at least it seems to be exactly them, in the past they were wearing scaffander, people thought, they are spacemen.

What is their final point of creating humans? Possibly they wanted to create slaves, but failed. They are still here, but I don't think they are hostile to us.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If Aliens DID invade, which is possible, they would invade earth for Natural Resources (yep, they would be disapointed there) and they would kill the supirior race on earth so there was no resistance in taking the resources.

The millitary would fight them, and I dont know how effective it would be, but I doubt that we could "surrender" it would be a fight to the death.

Everyone would be called to fight, civilians would be called to bear arms too
(finally an excuse for the american constitution)

Although I dont KNOW all of this, Its a damn good guess since that seems the only reason an alien race would land on a planet and start attacking us.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't see why they would need to. And also, if they blasted us all to pieces, they'd cause some severe damage to the earth and atmosphere making this planet uninhabitable for some time. Then again, if they didn't want our planet in the first place that's a different story, but still, why!?

-Becs

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Good pints from everyone, therefore there would never be an invasion. simple as that, but i know someone always "stuck" in the brain aske why not, simple as that why not drink salty/sea water instead? its water, but we know that arent good. so we dont drink it.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
maybe they want to eat us,we represent a huge mass of meat,and also all the animals

they want to make cheeseburgers out of us!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't know if this was true or not, But If I remember correctly the United States would rather destroy the Earth along with the Alien Scum who invade us, thats if all else fails. Any Idea of what I'm talking about guys? Im pretty sure its true.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
I don't know if this was true or not, But If I remember correctly the United States would rather destroy the Earth along with the Alien Scum who invade us, thats if all else fails. Any Idea of what I'm talking about guys? Im pretty sure its true.

I suppose it'd have to rely on the situation. If say a rogue battle cruiser of aliens lighted on the Jersey coast and started raiding and pillaging Viking style for a couple days, the US nuking the entire planet into dust would probably send them into peals of laughter at our sheer stupidity.

Wouldn't it be disappointing, if instead of our first contact being something out of The Day the Earth Stood Still, or First Contact, or Independence Day, the first aliens to reach Earth are simply criminals? If their ship had an expandable force field, they could land on 5th Avenue, and depart the ship, expanding the force field as they moved and simply shooting or capturing anyone who phased into it. They just walk into all the shops of finery and steal whatever they want, perhaps grabbing some males and females to take as slaves at the same time. Man, that would be hilarious.

who

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The concept that our guns would do anything blows me away. Although we may have enhanced our weapons, they are still the same they were during the civil war. Yes, there are bigger bombs and we have planes and tanks, but pretty much all we do is fire a piece of metal with extreme velocity at our target. Pretty sad when you look at 200 years and all we have done is enhanced the same concept. Its a big "if" in my opinion, but if aliens attacked us we would be in more trouble than I think any of us could ever imagine. My guess it that it would be more like Battlefield Earth, where our entire military force was defeated in like 10 minutes.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You all seem INSISTANT that our weapons would not work, Sure the may have more advanced weaponary... But it doesnt mean that our weapons wont be effective against them. Also they may have only advanced in travel lots and advanced in weaponary very little.

Also for those who say that It wouldnt happen, An Alien Invasion, Think about this - If the supreme being on EARTH are Humans.... What makes you think that on other planets with life, another species like Humans isnt supreme? Or maybe they are another race of humans, but only have had a fair few milleniums to advance before us.

What im saying is, if they ARE another species like us, what makes you think they WOULDNT attack us?? I mean We attack each other... dont we??

[edit on 23-8-2004 by The_Squid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join