It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten UFO Sightings: Your choice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
After watching this great UFO documentary from 2007, it got me thinking as to what my fellow ATS'ers top ten sightings are based on quality/quantity of witnesses? Feel free to watch the documentary for inspiration if required, do you think others should be in there and if so, which ones?

Personally I think the JAL 1628 incident over Alaska should be in there as maybe the Phoenix incident in 1997.

This film was produced by Redstar Films Ltd. For more information, see: www.redstarfilmtv.com

Top ten from documentary:

1. Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma incident, U.S.A. 1957.
2. Tehran incident, Iran 1976.
3. Rendlesham Forest incident, U.K. 1980.
4. McMinnville, Oregon, U.S.A. 1950.
5. Santa Barbara Channel, California U.S.A. 1953.
6. Shag Harbour, Novia Scotia, Canada 1967.
7. Malmstrom U.S. Nuclear Base, U.S.A. 1967.
8. Yukon Territory, Canada 1996.
9. Skylab 3 Mission, Orbit 1973.
10. Nuremberg, Germany 1561.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, Pheonix lights have got to be well up there, Roswell, Half of all the NASA footage (If it looks like an alien space craft, moves like an alien space craft then its......Ice particals
) And my very own sighting of a flying saucer...Because I know what I saw!

edit on 28-8-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Roswell wasn't a sighting but I understand your point

Just to clarify, this thread is sighting incidents, not alleged crashes
edit on 28-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This one is another that make you go HMMMMMM.....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

I take it back, first vid you posted is a fake but point taken on the Belgian incident

edit on 28-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

the first one you posted,
i dont think thats real footage, just a mock-up of what happened

edit on 28/8/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

aaah you've gone and deleted it. good job because it is a fake

edit on 28/8/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The documentary was made by Paul Kimball, who's a good guy in my opinion. He's recently had enough of the subject and taken a break from it all.

There's more than 10 but these will do. It took a few moments to think about and looks like this, in no order...

Brazil, 1986 Jets scrambled to intercept UFOs that had shown up on radar throughout the night. The UFOs evaded a lock-on by aircraft radars despite visual sightings. One pilot thought they were monitoring the radio traffic. At one point he reported that he couldn't get a visual on the object and it lit up as he said it...

“... the position of the unknowns was, at that moment, at the 11 o’clock position relative to our own aircraft and he asked if we could see it. It was at this position that I saw it. A very strong light shone, a white light. The emotion that I have even until today I get confused with the certainty that he (the object) was listening in to our conversation over the radio. At the same moment that the ground control asked us if we were seeing the traffic and I answered, the object blinked, so to speak (to say): I am "here!”

Damon, Texas 1965 and two deputy sheriffs see two lights in the sky. The lights rapidly approach and they realise it's a huge craft radiating some form of heat. They panic and race off. Later on, one of the sheriffs finds a bite-wound has healed entirely.

Tehran 1976, a UFO is sighted on radar, jet is scrambled, pilot gets a visual and when he gets a radar-lock, everything shuts down until he flies away from the object. Ground witnesses included citizens and Air Traffic Control.

Operation Mainbrace 1952, where RAF pilots described seeing a disc-shaped craft that was also registered on radars. Here's a headline, but it was more interesting than just this...

The best part of this case is a CIA memo that Dr David Clarke accessed through FOI, it acknowledges a genuine UFO sighting and indicates that there was a policy of altering the public opinion about it all...

“…In some RAF field, there was some sort of demonstration to which high officials of the RAF in London had been invited. During the show, a ‘perfect flying saucer’ was seen by these officials as well as RAF pilots. So many people saw it that many articles appeared in the public press. This is distressing to [Dr] Jones because he realises that the creation of the correction of public opinion is a part of his responsibilities.”
Document here

Colares, Brazil 1977 - multiple UFOs are reportedly scaring the population of Belem, Colares and surrounding areas. The mayor asks for official action and the Government sends an Army intelligence team to investigate. During the investigation, they record multiple sightings of lights in the skies, a solid disc-shaped craft and stranger shaped objects. People are reportedly 'zapped' with a red beam that leaves them with low white-cell counts and lethargic. Quite a case.

MInota AFB, 1966 - Radars, pilots and ground observers report UFOs in the area of this ICBM SAC base. A UFO was seen over the base and close to the ground by multiple witnesses. Early on, a security team felt that the object was following them. They couldn't rule out a helicopter and weren't particularly thinking of anything unusual other than a security breach. A B-52 is diverted to identify the object and it returns on their radar as big as a Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker. It was a long night for base personnel!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Id like to add a case but it is pretty far fetched.
I believe it happened at a Brizillian Army fort.
The night sentry loosed a belt of M60 rounds at it.
Ill try to refind it as it was a while back........But witnessed by the whole damn army base......

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How about the "ghost rockets" of 1946 over Europe, mosting Scandinavia? Mass sightings, over 2,000 objects reported, some thought to "crash" into lakes, with no fragments ever found (only underwater craters), not meteors, not from the USSR.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
1. phoenix lights
2. 'Batlle' over los angeles.
3.Nuremberg 1561
4.Roswell 1947

These really jump out for me, sorry i cant think of 10 cases right now

edit on 29-8-2011 by wiccan999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The Skylab 3 report is certainly significant if Brad Sparks is right that the object was too large to be any known terrestrial satellite. The significance is that, unlike the majority of credible sightings, it was in space rather than on Earth.

Whatever the object was, it traveled a long distance with the Skylab. They saw it for about 10 minutes. During that time it and the Skylab traveled about 4,600km (2,800 miles). The big question, then, is this: is it possible to prove that there was, or at least could have been, a (man-made) earth satellite which either reflected sunlight as red light (in the absence of atmospheric reddening of sunlight) or which had several bright red lights and which could have been within a few miles of Skylab for many minutes without NORAD/NASA detecting it? If an earth satellite, then its orbit was "uncomfortably " close to the Skylab orbit and it certainly should have been picked up by NORAD at some time during its orbit.

Based on the available information, these authors conclude that there was no man-made satellite that could explain this sighting and hence the object was truly anomalous.
ANALYSIS OF THE PHOTOS OF AN UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT OBSERVED BY THE ASTRONAUTS OF SKYLAB 3 by Bruce Maccabee and Brad Sparks

Surely there is a case even more significant than the ones above? The Varginha Incident.

On January 20, Military forces captured two extraterrestrial creatures still alive in Brazil. the capture occurred in neighboring areas of city of Varginha, State of Minas Gerais, Central Brazil. The fact is to be considered one of the most significant ever registered in this country and in the entire world. Military authorities are keeping secret all details of the operation, but some information has already leaked to the UFO community due to the investigative job of Dr., Ubiraja Franco Rodrigues and Vitorio Paccaccini who lives nearby and recognized as serious and dedicated researchers.
Source: www.v-j-enterprises.com...

The case has it all. Craft captured on film, captured "aliens", alleged medical examination of said "aliens, multiple eye witnesses and the data is consistent with a lot of information from previous cases. What more could you want?

Gazrok did a thread on this years ago. Unfortunately some of the links on that thread are dead now. The case is due an update on ATS. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The best part of this case is a CIA memo that Dr David Clarke accessed through FOI, it acknowledges a genuine UFO sighting and indicates that there was a policy of altering the public opinion about it all...

“…In some RAF field, there was some sort of demonstration to which high officials of the RAF in London had been invited. During the show, a ‘perfect flying saucer’ was seen by these officials as well as RAF pilots. So many people saw it that many articles appeared in the public press. This is distressing to [Dr] Jones because he realises that the creation of the correction of public opinion is a part of his responsibilities.”
Document here
I keep trying to tell em....

edit on 29/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
NIce video. I wouldn't leave the JAL or D.C, cases out of any top-10 list, though.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Brazil has some very interesting cases that could be worthy of the top ten, especially if this video is anything to go on:

new topics

top topics

join