It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstitions, Numerology, Religion, Weather, and Other Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Allow me to elaborate on my thought process.

We're about to close out, one of the most active weather months that I've lived through.

Yes, of course we've had severe lightning, tornado warnings, hurricane flooding and winds, and an earthquake in the past.... but never all within the same 3 week period. Not in my lifetime.

So while none are spectacular on their own, ... hello.

Proof of lightning - I have 2 of these videos on my channel. This is not a plug, I only have the 2 videos, I have no plans to upload more. It doesn't matter to me if you watch it or not - I only include it because I think every thread should have a bit of media to it
The thunder is great, its a steady roll. You know its thunder, it doesn't even resemble anything weird like heard in Florida

best lightning at 0:09 - 0:21 (awesome) - 0:32 - 0:53 - 1:25 (also awesome) - 1:31 - 1:51 - 2:15 - 2:23 - 2:38 lot more seen in this one than the 2nd video - this one pretty much has flashes all through it that I didn't note - I tried to only note when you can actually see the bolt

Prior to the insane lightning, I could do nothing but sleep. I was sleeping an average of 18 hours a day. I would wake up starving, eat something, go back to bed. I lost track of time, but I think this went on for about 5 days.

Then suddenly I couldn't sleep for 5 days. At first I really thought I was having a major bipolar swing or something. Hell, maybe I was, I believe in coincidence - but 5 days down, 5 days up - its only interesting in hindsight.

I probably managed to accumulate 5 total hours of sleep during those 5 days (lightning throughout most of it, the insomnia took the videos)... I took a 2 hour nap at one point, and a 3 hour nap towards the end. Another amazing thing is how clear the skies were when it wasn't lightning. I've seen stars I've never seen before...

On that last sleepless night, at around 2 in the morning, I was walking up my 2nd floor stairs, when I had the most uncanny feeling that something was coming up the first floor stairs behind me... a feeling I haven't had since I was a child. You know that feeling right?

I glanced back and glimpsed a shadow and was just gripped by fear. I RAN. It was so weird, but we can blame it on lack of sleep. In fact I did. Even when I ran up the remaining stairs and into my kids room instead of my own. In my panic, the first thing out of my mouth was, "I needed to see a human"... more weirdness. I explained to him the feeling I had and we both laughed and I forgot about it.

When I managed an entire 3 hours (previously noted), I was ripped awake by a 5.8 earthquake!!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a11c322834.png[/atsimg]
I had to include Bush, its too funny

If I had my own before and after pictures of the EQ you'd see how backwards they are. My son is a hoarder. And for reasons unknown, he cleaned his room. Same day as the EQ.... makes me wish I had the before and after. If an EQ can do that, I'm all for it! we need more!!! Even my crooked DVD's straightened themselves - I woke up just in time to watch it happen.

For the rest of the vicinity, when the EQ novelty wore off (or we were intentionally distracted from it???), we were warned of a major hurricane aimed right at us.

While waiting for Irene, I slept pretty normally. I only stayed up late last night so I could go out in it
I was excited having seen Floyd come through here in 1999, but sadly, I was unimpressed, as I've said in numerous threads. No reason to rehash them.

The only difference during this time was my usual pain went into hyperdrive. I could barely walk. I felt like my ribcage was going to collapse in on itself. No pity or sympathy because here's the weird part.... Today I woke up feeling almost perfect. There's even less than normal pain, and I took none of the usual drugs for it since early last night.... and took none today. They weren't working anyway.... and today I don't need them?

All these things got me thinking about superstitions.

I'm not sure all these coincidences are defined by anything superstitious, but I spent time pondering "why, in all that pain, did I go out and walk through a hurricane? why am I not hurting today? a short trip the market will usually kill me the next day, but I walked 4 blocks last night with only minor issue then, and no issues today? why was I awake for the EQ when I should've been sleeping? when I finally slept, where did my dreams go? I always dream....", and a million other questions.

Anyway, I started looking up Superstitions. Because if I look at this month in the right perspective, its been ABSOLUTELY INSANE, and riddled with everything ATS. Is there anything thats missing? You got numerology, big phrama, ptb, and spirituality in some form or another (I hesitate to use the typical conspiracy words, the list would be long, and I'd rather see what you get out of it)
This was the best thread I read on superstitions.

After reading through some threads, I felt like this extended experience was too good not to share.

What struck me most when writing this all down, was how many times the #5 and #3 appear.

I found this very cool numerology list at crystalinks, but I didn't bother to cross reference it with other sites, so I can't vouch for reliability. Its yet another minor point in a long list of coincidences(?)

Five is the symbol of human microcosm. The number of the human being.
Five is also representative of the Godhead
The number five formed the first counting process from which all else came.
and some other interesting points

The third dimension - we do things in threes so they will manifest in our physical realm.
It's roots stem from the meaning of multiplicity. Creative power; growth.
'Power of Three' has to do with Alchemy.
only included 3 of these when it seems to go on forever - way more info than 5

I'm not really sure how to wrap this up. To me its a puzzle, with a zillion answers. Except its not something made up, its something I experienced.

So at the end of this amazing excersize in apophenia
, all I can say is.... can't wait to see September!!

I know if I leave it like that, it will be difficult for people to respond, so lets leave it like this...
- What do you think was going on for me in August?
- What weird things did you experience in August?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I go on vacation and an EQ strikes NY, AND a hurricane leaves 4 million without power... last time I went on vacation Fukushima happened...I think I need to stop going on vacation.
hehe, how's that for superstitious?

That lightning was crazy. I couldn't believe how much there was when I saw it in real life. I saw a huge bolt go directly overhead, horizontally. It was very strange.
and they say the world isn't ending...
edit on 28-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

LOL yeah for everyones sake, STAY HOME!

Guess my life is more interesting to me than ATSers

I still think its been a hell of a month. I even left stuff out...

join