It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This commercial says a lot about our time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is not JUST a youtube video thread.
Actually it kinda is.
What comes to mind after you see this video?

I can point out a few, the sexual Promiscuity.
The race [Black people are in here - what if they made this commerical a century ago?]
The lack of two men or two women says something.
Also the type of advertisement...

Anyways, thoughts?
edit on 28-8-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
"Blacks are in here" ...?

...are you from a century ago?

(OP has since changed the wording of the post... now I look slightly racist
)
edit on 28-8-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"The lack of two men or two women says something"

two women yes i agree ...

but two men ? come on now . Thats more violations then americas version of democracy

nobody wants to see two men together except two gay men lol

the commercial speaks for it self have a nice springy mattress to bang on ...

your looking to much into it , and your going to try and connect dots that don't need to be connected

Why don't you go make a commercial and include the homo's?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What i'm trying to say that in 5000 years when they look back and see something like this dated back to 2011, they'll notice a rising trend. Who knows in a few hundred years when something relaitve to this comes out they'll well... see the trend.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Well to me it says only attractive young couples of all races get to enjoy Sealy Mattresses )or whatever brand it was)...and the majority who are old and fat or old or fat couples are left out in the cold or turn young and attractive (and lively) if they buy the mattress.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
HMM. It looks to me like Sealy just ripped off a bunch of KY Jelly commercials.

Except, they left this one out.
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Commercial, forget the plastic..here is whats its all about if you have or you more or less will be exposed to once you cease to object to mass hypnosis.

an obvious contradiction to the initial visual stimulation no ?
edit:

and people assume that any or all forms of reactions are and can be bound by guidelines and regulations and as such, can be categorized as a threat, that may also be categorized as a cyber crime, but the price of a cyber crime seems to outweigh that of a physical crime, or have we simply forgotten the cost of life..? , at the expense of progress and conformity.
edit on 28-8-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I guess my OP wasn't what i was trying to refer to when i said this commerical says a lot about our time.

Just imagine a historic study on our civilization...

They see this and date it, it reflects a lot on our sexual and racial views.

At least someone agree or disagree? :O

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I agree - I had a similar theory about movies

pick any movie - I went with "Escape from New York"

fast forward 5000 years, a future earth civilisation finds a DVD or Blueray copy of "Escape from New York"

They'll consider it "real history" - it must be true - otherwise why would this older civilisation have gone through so much trouble to document it. Imagine the stories they'll tell about us...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Another thing.. The age of acceptable sexual promescuity. Who knows maybe in the next thousand years you are required to have sex at age 10. Or it's frowned apon to have sex until you're 50..

It's little things that some people aren't seeing

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

you make a really good point here, about what will be "acceptable" in the future

It made me think about how fearful people are about things when they're "new"

Because they know that majority rules - and if the behaviors (or people) become the "majority" then the values and morals in society will change - then they might find out that they were "wrong" by popular opinion

and you know how much humans just HATE to be wrong

my own morals and values do not always reflect the majority - so I generally have to shut up about it

and you know how much humans just HATE to shut up!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Oh i forgot to reply to this, thanks for hijacking the thread. Just because this is another thing about our time, you should realize this has absolutely NOTHING to do with what i'm trying to talk about.

It's like going to a UFO thread about some strange lights in the sky, and talking about your encounter on aliens.

new topics

top topics

join