It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My gas bill was $15 this month.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Sorry, couldn't resist, but I always get a chuckle when someone says "hot water heater". If the waters hot, why do you need a heater??

Carry On ...

The things some people come up with. That preety good.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Not to rain on this parade, but the real problem (if you're actually saying this saved you $60 last month) is that you seem to have a malfunctioning pilot light. The pilot light should use less than 6 therms per month. 12 therms per month is absolutely the highest it should be. Considering I'm in Alaska, where our energy costs are absolutely outrageous compared to everyone outside, I think it is very conservative to use the roughly $0.70/therm Enstar charges me for my natural gas. That translates to somewhere between a $4.20 and $8.40 savings in a month...

How much are you paying per therm and does your pilot light look like a blowtorch?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
thank you, i just turn off my dishwasher, i never used it, so what is the point having it on

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Sorry, couldn't resist, but I always get a chuckle when someone says "hot water heater". If the waters hot, why do you need a heater??

Carry On ...

Good one! That's like at work (network admin) people will say "I need a NIC Card," so i'll say "What the hell is a card card?" Because NIC is Network interface Card, calling it a NIC card is like saying Network Interface Card Card, bugs me to death!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by Essan
Well done
You've discovered the mystical OFF switch
Very few people know it exists, even less know how it works.

I currently pay £33 a month for gas AND electric.

That's a typical English modern 2 bedroom house with 2 occupants. Gas for hot water and heating. I cook my own meals (no take away). Washing machine, but no tumble drier.

Pretty sure if my house mate left and I lived alone it would be quite a bit less as he's less energy conscious (well, not energy conscious at all - leaves his bedroom light on all night!)

I really don't understand how people manage to run up high gas and electricity bills!
edit on 28-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

Fascinating. Is that a water heater or a combi central heating boiler?

Combi. But central heating is only one during the coldest periods of the winter, and even then only usually a few hours at a time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join