It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Ops Zombies Rezurection - New Ideas Discussion, game modes etc?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ok before anyone tells me to 'stop wasting my time with games and read a book' don't waste your breath and leave this post. I read a lot of books, at the moment I am reading a book on Roman military strategy and also Sniper One by Dan Mills which is a fantastic British Iraq war book.

Its a shame I have to mention this as people feel the need to bash us gamers for liking a really fun and social activity and make terrible assumptions that gamers are uneducated etc. I thought we lived in a society where we had freedom to enjoy whatever activities we like (as long as they don't hurt anyone) without being slagged of for no good reason.

Anyway enough of that I wanted to ask everyone how they are finding the new black ops zombies map pack 'rezurection'? I have been waiting a long time for the old zombie maps and felt that old maps should be included on the newer games as they are dated and shouldn't be used to make more money from us especially when most of us have the map on another game so have bought it TWICE!

Despite this I bought the map pack which also includes the new 'Moon' level starting in Groom Lake and quickly teleporting to the moon (which I found quite a nice,funny touch having read some pretty wild conspiracy theories on this site regarding the moon and various secret US facilities) and I like how the COD games, despite not being realistic, but keeping a semi-realistic feel about the game (by this I mean no lazer guns etc just standard war with real weapons even if the warfare is grossly innacurrate) arn't afraid to try something quite out there and creative as these Nazi zombies scenarios. This moon map certainly is something interesting with the moon suits limiting the sound greatly and the gravity effects reminisent of unreal tornament back in the day, but imo its hard to justify charging us £10 a time for these maps because even though they are fun I don't feel like a massive amount of effort goes into creating them.

I wanted to discuss what everyone thinks of this and other map packs and their value for money? I really loved the World of War maps for the WW2 feeling and was thrilled to play them again after trading in WaW as I can't afford to buy new game after new game without trading in to get big discounts or just to get money to buy cheaper pre owned games. So I was pretty gutted when I found out that the mystery boxes all have black ops weapons on not the original maps weapons
This means that we can't get most of the weapons from the box that arn't on the wall, no mg42 which is the most fun gun ever with double tap, no fg either apart from on one map where its on the wall. I know its petty, but I was really looking forward to getting that WW2 feeling again and having all the maps on one game, They should at least have options imo for weapons types.

I also think that the zombies mode is stupidly limited in just having one survival game mode. I'm guna make another thread about this as everyone I've mentioned this to has seemed really enthusiastic about this suggestion for different game types, my favourite idea that I've had is a zombies survival mode where everyone is fighting to get the top score, like in normal multiplayer where you get xp points for coming at the top etc, you could have ways built into the game to sabotage the other players, locking them in rooms maybe with traps of time locked doors etc so you are all trying to stay alive together, but also competing to better each other as well. Maybe you could let them die and not revive them to make it a lot harder for them the next round, but maybe they spawn with a random loudout which could see them in an even better position then before so reviving them may actually be the best option. I duno just some ideas.

Anyway I know there's a fair few players on here so thought I'd just post to see how everyone feels. Sorry for my poor spelling as well the spell check isn't working on here, I'm sure you can all make sense of it though. I can't stand when people get mad at spelling I always think whos more of an idiot the person who can't spell or the person who can't read their sentences because of a few mispelled words that are easy to decifer? But thats a different discussion for another time

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I haven't bought any of the map packs ever since the first one came out. I bought that one, and after they released another I just decided to play the ones I have and enjoy them. I mean I already paid $60 for the game, and $50 for a 12 month XBL subscription, I'm not going to pay another $20 every other month to play on 4 new maps, it's such a scam.

But Moon sounds awesome, you start in Area 51 and go to the Moon? That is epic.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yea I admit its out of order to make us pay for all this dlc when its in such a limited amount. I think for £10 you should get at least 2 zombie maps and 4 multiplayer maps, they have a big team and can churn them out easily. Also they could add old maps in easily with little effort and they should be VERY cheap or free.

I can't just play the limited maps it comes with, I love variety and I dont have many games so I buy dlc and just play a couple games more than loads of games a bit each. I think its a lot for what it is, but its worth it. Just playing with what it comes with I would have stopped playing the game after only a few months. You don't have to buy it so its ok I guess. It's just that they arn't doing much new with it. I want new game modes as well as maps.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I play a fair bit of Zombies with mates, mainly Kino Der Toten, I don't have any map packs though I have considered getting them.
I decided against it because (apparently) MW3 will have Zombies. I will get the packs for that if it's good enough.

Though I do like Black Ops and I played the multi player a fair bit, it's still pretty bad, spawning on enemies or having them spawn on you is the worst thing they done.

They should take a leaf out of Brink's book and have dedicated team bases that the enemy cannot enter without being plowed down by sentry guns.

MW3 better not have the same spawn system as BO.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link