It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I DEMAND Utopia!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by creatureme

Originally posted by 547000
Are you willing to murder the disbelievers?

If not, you'll never get utopia, as people will disagree with you.

Murder them? Wow, you believe we have to kill them to get utopia? That's just harsh cynicism man..

Well, it would be more effective to ''kill'' them with love instead. It's called ''groupism''. If, lets say, a large united group within the world population started to spread love and front peace - and the media gave them proper attention - it would start to effect other people as well. It's that simple.. But obviously too complicated for the mainstream...( Uhm corrected a huge spellwrong also here
)

Hmm, I recommend a book for you ''Dimensions of Evil - contemporary perspectives'' by Terry B. Cooper, I think you would like that one, due to your harsh problem-solving methods
But, seriously, the book describes how evil humanity actually is and why..

All utopia on earth movements involve eliminating those who stubbornly refuse to change. That is how it must be; be wary of any political group promising utopia.

I would never join a utopia-movement that involved ''eliminating'' other people. Maybe leave them behind and of course welcome them again if they changed their minds. I don't involve with any kind of politics anyway, no matter how promising they might sound..

Most people want to strip them of their property and kick them out, leaving them naked. The conflict begins when those people refuse to be herded.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have long felt that the way we live our lives in todays world is not the way we were meant to live. I feel that up until the turn of the 20th century people were living much closer to how our lives were meant to be. The sudden industrialization that came with the 20th century has disconnected us from the world that we live in. We have become far too dependent on technology and in doing so we have lost our connection with nature and our true spirit of being.

If you think about it, every time there is some new great technological innovation the first thing we hear is how it will make our lives easier and give us more free time. However that is seldom the case, instead we become more dependent upon that technology and less connected to our spiritual selves and nature. Just as when the PC came about and we were told how it would increase productivity and free up more time. All it has done is to increase our ability to work more.

I am not against technology as it has done much to better mankind. That betterment has came at an extremely high price though because now we are virtually slaves to technology and we will go out and put ourselves into immense debt just to satisfy our urge to keep up with that technology and have the newest, greatest gadgets.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this and my own personal opinion is that I would be much happier living the way that people did 150 years ago than now. Yes life was physically demanding then and if you did not work on a daily basis to provide food and substenance you would perish because we did not have the social programs and hand outs that we do now. However we were much more free then and I don't mean only free from government. I am talking about personal, spiritual and intellectual freedom. We were free to live as man was meant to live.

For the last 10,000- 6,000 years of recorded history, depending on when you believe that organized civilization first arose on earth, humans had lived in pretty much the same manner the whole time. Then beginning around the turn of the 20th century we experienced a sudden explosion of technological knowledge, that's when we started seeing severely increased strife in the human race. Perhaps the reason for this is that we are not spiritually mature enough to properly handle this technology. Yes there has always been conflict and strife in the world but the increase in technology and globalization has brought it much more often and made it much worse.

This is just how I see it and it may be wrong but for me it makes immense sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

I DEMAND Utopia!

It sounds like a bad disease, are you sure?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnLennon

I DEMAND Utopia!

It sounds like a bad disease, are you sure?

Did you read my post at all? Or even better, the post before yours?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No.

Utopia. What a horrendous gross yucky thought. Blah.

I swear if Utopia comes, I will be channelling Loki.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your right im not but there is a reason we still don't have utopia

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

Then tell me, what is the reason? If the reason can be identified, there must be a solution to it! simple solution? I don't know.. but.. OK, as close as we can get to utopia, can the humankind ever thrive together, in peace?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join