It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematics: A Secret Anti-Alien Code

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Scientific community's continue to agree on the fact the ancient man just realized how to count things. They apparently realized about the days of the week, the seasons, and the basic operations addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Some unconventional authors state that Mathematics could have been taught to early mankind by the alien Gods. But I think a more plausible answer could be that mankind might have developed mathematics as codes. Codes that perhaps the Gods couldn't understand.

Archeology agrees that basic mathematical operations were apparent as far back as 3000 BC. It wasn't until around 300 BC that people began using math for more complex operations such as land trading and financial calculations.

Still recent evidence hushed by the church and scientific community's have been found that dates certain tallying systems and the awareness of the female menstrual cycle as far back as 70,000 years!

Why is this new evidence and mathematics at all relevant to our understanding of our past. Because in light of certain modern day advancements we are beginning to see that the ancient people were well aware of their surroundings and had a type of hold on their brains.

Computers today have the capabilities that early man did. Are we beginning to see history rewrite itself. Early man was apparently aware of 1s 0s and operations that would make 1s and 0s into many different operations and other numbers. Even todays Apes and other animals are aware of the concept of having the toy and not.

The development of mathematics is still shrouded in mystery and can never be known for certain how or why early man wanted to create such a complex system of counting. Maybe math was a secret code so that early man could talk to one another and hide their true knowledge from their alien overlords. Math was developed long before the written language.

It is apparent in Cryptography that binary code is the basic concept for all codes, languages, and mathematical functions. Was binary code the first secret anti-alien code? It is also mentioned in many movies and books that if there ever was a universal language throughout the universe then it would be based upon mathematics.

The “Gods” seemed to allow early man to understand mathematics up to a certain point. Between the time of 3000 BC to 300 BC the “Gods” halted all human advancement in light of building the monuments. Many of which date in between this period of time. As early man understood such concepts as adding and area, the “Gods” felt we were ready to build the monuments. Why is still left undiscovered. This could very well be the first Dark Ages in ancient times.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

The development of mathematics is still shrouded in mystery and can never be known for certain how or why early man wanted to create such a complex system of counting.

An interesting statement.

I'm not sure how to approach the opening post, so I'll ask a question instead.

Can you show me a single commensurate number in relation to any time period or orbit in the solar system.

Or did you have another code in mind?

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Nice concept, i like the way you think. S&F.

What always facinates me about maths is somthing that is often overlooked and not given the significance it deserves that is -

Maths is a discovery not an invention.

think about it. maths has and will always exist, its everywhere we look and bit by bit we decipher/discover its amazing properties

excellent post.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Pi = 3.14159265....

Euler's Angles using Pi amongst the three axiis X,Y,Z described the orientation of an object in 3 dimensional space.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Pi = 3.14159265....

Epic and massive fail.

Two lengths are called incommensurate or incommensurable if their ratio cannot be expressed as a ratio of whole numbers. Irrational numbers and transcendental numbers are incommensurate with the integers.

wolfram mathworld / Incommensurate

In addition no single orbit in the entire solar system,
including every single man made satellite, both current and ever made,
travel in a circle as described by pi. They are all eliptical orbits.

David Grouchy
edit on 28-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
actually you are wrong .. complex math was used as far as few thousands years ago (just see the greek history) and you can't build a structure (pyramid, temple or a simple house) without complex math (in this case geometry) and if you see the temples discoverd and civilizations dated back as far as 12.000 years (at least) you can see that math was used long before you think. Even more complex math was used as far as 600 years ago with developing of insurance which was used by traders to minimize losses caused by robbers and pirates. Even financial crisis can be dated as far as 1600 years ago with the beggining of the fall of Rome

So YES, math was used throughout history and NO we didn't start to use complex math 300 years ago but loooong before that. Every creature which is aware of itself is using math just by looking at things.
edit on 28-8-2011 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
actually you are wrong .. complex math was used as far as few thousands years ago (just see the greek history) and you can't build a structure (pyramid, temple or a simple house) without complex math (in this case geometry) and if you see the temples discoverd and civilizations dated back as far as 12.000 years (at least) you can see that math was used long before you think. Even more complex math was used as far as 600 years ago with developing of insurance which was used by traders to minimize losses caused by robbers and pirates. Even financial crisis can be dated as far as 1600 years ago with the beggining of the fall of Rome

So YES, math was used throughout history and NO we didn't start to use complex math 300 years ago but loooong before that. Every creature which is aware of itself is using math just by looking at things.
edit on 28-8-2011 by baburak because: (no reason given)

Who exactly is wrong in thread? If its my OP than you need to re-read it. What you are saying is exactly what I am saying. And I am asking how they were able to figure out mathematics, or why they needed it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

you're wrong cause you stated that complex math was first used around 300 years ago when it was used long before that =)

... math was used for trading and building things otherwise it would be pointless if you had to build stuff all over again.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

Re-read it my friend I said mathematical advancements were halted from 3000 BC to 300 BC.

I said counting (a form of math could be traced to at least 70,000 years ago.

edit on 28-8-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

All of you are wrong.

So, just stop.....being wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'd still like to know what code the opening post has in mind.

If math is invented as a secret language to resist the aliens
(whom I presume only use words)
then to what end, why, how, and where is it.

The question is so open ended that I'm back to asking
do you actually know anything about math?
For instance, what is a commensurate number.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

just go read greek history
.. mathematical advancment never stoped adn was going on from the first history book on. Complex math WAS used few thousand years ago and there was never a dark age in this field. Start reading greek history and move on

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

in light of certain modern day advancements we are beginning to see that the ancient people were well aware of their surroundings and had a type of hold on their brains.

For instance I would really like some help with this sentence.
It is almost incomprehensible to me.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Folks math and counting can be taken back at least to 7000 BC

Math, accounting and writing

In 1992, the University of Texas Press published Before Writing, Volume I: From Counting to Cuneiform and Before Writing, Volume II: A Catalog of Near Eastern Tokens. In these two volumes, Denise Schmandt-Besserat set forth her groundbreaking theory that the cuneiform script invented in the Near East in the late fourth millennium B.C.—the world's oldest known system of writing—derived from an archaic counting device.

You will find the books at the link

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes We all know this. I specifically stated this in my OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

math was created by god.. math might have been used to fool aliens but not god.
it was created with creation with everything else.
you can see mathematics in nature. Fibonacci spiral and golden ratio
although i think the apes concept of having a toy or not is not mathematical
animals dont have concepts
"early man apparent of 1's and 0's" of course he was 1(something) 0(nothing)
but they didnt relate it to a huge system
its still being left undiscovered because the "gods" still have their hold here

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

All of you are wrong.

So, just stop.....being wrong.

That was just wrong.

But so is everything else so what matter?

Harte

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

Yes We all know this. I specifically stated this in my OP.

Then I must ask why you ignored the information contained within that study? A landmark study I might add that explained what and how the early Mesopotomians kept track of assets and led directly to writing.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Scientific community's continue to agree on the fact the ancient man just realized how to count things.

It's not unusual.

A lot of animals can count. Including salamanders (click here to see brief "slideshow" of them)

They apparently realized about the days of the week, the seasons, and the basic operations addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.

Several of these things aren't the same. A lot of civilizations didn't have "days of the week" and those that did, varied the number. They counted months by moons and depending on where they lived, they may have had only two seasons.

But I think a more plausible answer could be that mankind might have developed mathematics as codes. Codes that perhaps the Gods couldn't understand.

You might want to take a deeper look at the subject of mathematics.

Mathematics is based on proof -- if you can't prove it, it's not there. Advanced concepts (like infinite numbers) were known but there was not way of proving it until algebra was invented. Once they had the tools of algebra and calculus, other forms of math could develop.

The names of these "inventors of math" are well known, as are the (very long and rather dull) proofs they developed to show how the new systems worked. They are tools for developing and discovering things (like gravitational acceleration) and the stuff that didn't work was thrown out very quickly.

Still recent evidence hushed by the church and scientific community's have been found that dates certain tallying systems and the awareness of the female menstrual cycle as far back as 70,000 years!

Erm....

Men (even modern men) can SMELL when a woman's "in season." Our body odor changes (and it's really evident to those of us with sensitive noses. Counting doesn't work because our bodies vary and the timing of the cycles varies. Our more primitive ancestors 150,000 years ago certainly were aware of the female cycles, and in fact so were ancestors 5 million years ago and beyond.

No math needed. Just smell.

Computers today have the capabilities that early man did.

I hate to break this to you, but speaking as someone who has programmed robots and built and worked on computers, they're about as smart as your average cockroach... only much faster. They aren't intelligent -- they're just a board with a zillion microswitches on it and devices that read a track and turn the switches on and off. This isn't at all like neural networks (the network of nerves in the brain.)

The development of mathematics is still shrouded in mystery and can never be known for certain how or why early man wanted to create such a complex system of counting.

There's actually a lot of information available on math and its history -- the problem is that school kids don't want to sit through it or listen to it. Nor do they really want to see proofs written all over the chalk boards. But anyone who's married to a mathematician (me!) has gotten a chance to peek "behind the curtain" and see how it really happened.

Here's a list of Greek mathematicians, many of whom lived before 300 BC
www.gap-system.org...

Here's a hundred of them (Erdos is one of my favorites)
fabpedigree.com...

And more is being developed all the time. I particularly like the field of Set Theory, because it occurs a lot in my field of study.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-M-H

math was created by god.. math might have been used to fool aliens but not god.
it was created with creation with everything else.

You might have a bit of a problem with that when we start talking about fields of math such as fuzzy logic, set theory, irrational numbers, algebraic geometry, and other things that aren't or can't be represented in the real world (like N-P complete networks.) These weren't discovered, they were built by mathematicians.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join