It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severely malformed babies have been killed in Japan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

it is against the law to report anything in a negative light regarding the "disaster".
if it is against the law to report it,
dont keep records.
its japan
u live there right?
u know that discussing this is illegal in your country right?

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm the translation.
It's documented in Wikipedia and Wikipedia's source that Japan does NOT follow WHO guidelines for how to report stillbirths so I think there's little doubt they did this before the Fukushima incident and are still doing it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The World Health Organization (WHO) defines a live birth as any born human being who demonstrates independent signs of life, including breathing, voluntary muscle movement, or heartbeat. Many countries, however, including certain European states and Japan, only count as live births cases where an infant breathes at birth, which makes their reported IMR numbers somewhat lower and raises their rates of perinatal mortality....

Another challenge to comparability is the practice of counting frail or premature infants who die before the normal due date as miscarriages (spontaneous abortions) or those who die during or immediately after childbirth as stillborn. Therefore, the quality of a country's documentation of perinatal mortality can matter greatly to the accuracy of its infant mortality statistics. This point is reinforced by the demographer Ansley Coale, who finds dubiously high ratios of reported stillbirths to infant deaths in Hong Kong and Japan in the first 24 hours after birth, a pattern that is consistent with the high recorded sex ratios at birth in those countries. It suggests not only that many female infants who die in the first 24 hours are misreported as stillbirths rather than infant deaths, but also that those countries do not follow WHO recommendations for the reporting of live births and infant deaths.[15]-
[15]...^ Ansley J. Coale; Judith Banister (December 1996). "Five decades of missing females in China". Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 145 (4): 421–450

So we've never really been able to make a fair comparison of Japan's stillbirth rate with other countries who follow the international guidelines for reporting stillbirths, since Japan doesn't follow the guidelines. I don't think there's much doubt about that. If the baby is alive but doesn't breathe at birth, it will be recorded as a stillbirth in Japan but not in countries who follow the guidelines.

But I never heard of doctors killing babies, I need a little more than one person's hearsay to confirm that happened.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

<< 1   >>

join