It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Taxes Are Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What does averyone think about THIS. I am completely against global taxes, but I have never heard anybody elses opinions on this subject. I think the moment global txes are imposed something should be done about it. That will be the NWO showing it's self openly without holding back.

It says in the articl it is the third world countries pushing for this. WHhich is understandabel but who is pushing the third world countries. Or better yet, who controls the third world countries.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Honestly, If a global tax becomes effective, I'm gonna think that the American people need to form a society of their own much like the bourgeois citizens did before the French Revolution to protect themselves from the Aristocracy. Yeah, that's a great idea! Can we get the ball rolling yesterday?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would say yes but we know how people are. They would join one day and drop out the next. Everything is a fad in this society (thanks to the Aristocracy).

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am really bad about not following links; however, I just got finished scanning that link you posted. Unbelievable! The UN secretary general stated that he strongly supports finding new sources of funding. Well hello! So do I. Wow, and what better way to do it...thievery under the title of raised taxes! Well, I have to tell you, I wish I could trump up a form and send it to congress saying that I need money so just go steal it from the public. How many things can the government come up with that we are supposed to pay for? My guess is as many ideas as those engineering think-tankers can provide, which is no doubt an infinite number. Looks like we are heading toward global communism to me. Sheesh! Okay, I vented, and I apologize.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I posted this already
Global Taxes Are Back, Watch Your Wallet
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow, this one has me all worked up, and I'm ranting and raving all over the place. Here is the other thread where I took this issue. It has a bit more stated in it...I think it's been mostly my mouth running though
Thanks for the link Sauron.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yeah after food for oil is over the UN does need more funding

the best way to get rid of the UN is to start 3 more organizations just like it and watch as they fight themselves to obscurity. of course that would divide the world into parts and cause a world war....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
what a great idea. This way the UN gets money from rich nations like us and can spend it on helping the more needy nations and making a better world. I know you Americans don't like the UN much but it truly is a organization for peace and the common good of man.

IMO this is a great idea and it's not as if it's going to hurt our lives much anyway we can all afford it and it helps the less fortunate. Most of that money goes straight into the pockets of the Multi-nationals anyway.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Perhaps the UN wouldn't need to raise taxes, if the richer countires actually paid what they owe! (I believe America owes the most)

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hell, we all know how bad it is to get rich people to pay taxes, can you imagine making rich nations pay taxes?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think the whole deal is a red-herring.

The UN isn't serious. This is a smoke screen to get people looking one way while the UN grabs with the other hand.

Dig-

the answer is out there.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'll never pay it, and good luck getting it through congress. Hell, they can't even pass the domestic funding bills.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Perhaps the UN wouldn't need to raise taxes, if the richer countires actually paid what they owe! (I believe America owes the most)

America actually pays the most, basically supports the expanding monster.
"...the U.S. remains the UN's largest contributor, and we take pride in this." *vomit*

In 2003 alone, the US gave roughly 900 Million to the UN.

Not only that, but it brings into question, the sovereignty of the member nations.

By being a member of the UN, do you become part of a larger nation? (In my mind, yes, but I don't believe it's a good thing.)

Why should I pay taxes, when I do not have proper representation in the UN assembly?
In a democracy, the majority rules. Say there are global taxes, so when America pays taxes, the money can be decided by the majority of the nations where the money will be spent.

Q. Where will it be spent?

A. Not the US, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
hehe you American guys are selfish, never wanna pay taxes
. 900 million is nothing at all. I wish they would introduce this taxation system so all the rich governments start helping the UN create a better world.

Thanks to the United States Mission to the United Nations for the following facts: www.un.int...

Myth: The United States pays for almost all of the United Nations' programs and peacekeeping operations.

Reality: The U.S. pays 22% of the UN's regular budget and about 26.69% of the peacekeeping budgets. It also pays about 25% of the costs of the International Criminal Tribunals for Rwanda and Former Yugoslavia.

Myth: The U.S. pays too much to the UN. Other countries are getting a free ride.

Reality: UN membership dues, known as assessments, are based primarily on each nation�s share of the global economy. The U.S. economy represents about 34% of the global economy. The U.S. therefore benefits from the 22% ceiling on assessments for the regular budget. Many countries actually pay more in assessments than their share of the global economy.

Myth: The U.S. spends a large portion of its federal budget on UN policies/programs.

Reality: Total U.S. payments to the entire UN system (including the World Bank and IMF) amount to less than one quarter of one percent of the federal budget.

American Military Support

Myth: Too many American soldiers are serving in UN peacekeeping operations. The U.S. provides most of the military men and women involved in UN peacekeeping operations.

Reality: 27 American military men and women are currently serving in UN peacekeeping operations. Americans therefore represent less than 1% of the approximate total of 53,879 soldiers serving in UN peacekeeping operations.

Myth: Serving in UN peacekeeping operations means that Americans are serving under the command of the UN or a foreign government.

Reality: As Commander-in-Chief, the President never gives up his command authority over American troops. Although the U.S. sometimes allows temporary operational control to be given to the UN or a trusted ally, the President always retains ultimate command authority over our troops.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 1-9-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What country are you from?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
so tell me, how much money does Australia put into this UN crap.

Its not that the US is selfish, I dont want some foriegn military peons coming over here on my land that we can dedend ourselves, remember we have a 2nd admendment, oh wait, no we dont. ok Let the UN move in WOOHOO Globalist martail law here we come.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 1-9-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

900 million is nothing at all

Maybe it wouldn't be if we did not pay 4 bill a year plus weapons to isreal.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
amen to that jmilici!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
what a great idea. This way the UN gets money from rich nations like us and can spend it on helping the more needy nations and making a better world. I know you Americans don't like the UN much but it truly is a organization for peace and the common good of man.

IMO this is a great idea and it's not as if it's going to hurt our lives much anyway we can all afford it and it helps the less fortunate. Most of that money goes straight into the pockets of the Multi-nationals anyway.

thanks,
drfunk

I'll tell you what then. Since there are those that think they can afford to pay the UN and those that don't, I have the most wonderful idea. You who have the money to share just add your name to a little list for the gov. and you pay them allllllllll the extra money you like, but don't vote to take dollars out of the pockets of others by gawd!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
sign me up then because I believe in the UN and I believe in helping my fellow man and not in greed.

drfunk

top topics

<<   2 >>

join