It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China executes three men for fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
They really take white collar crime seriously over in China:

News24
Beijing - China on Friday executed three men who were convicted of defrauding major firms and banks of more than 100 million yuan ($12,15-million), state media said.

The Beijing No 1 Intermediate People's Court executed Zu Feng, Sun Liang and Sun Liansheng for organising the massive fraud operation from 1997 to 2001, China News Service said.

The three men and two accomplices used forged company stamps, cheques and other documents to obtain fraudulent loans.

This seems like common practice in China.
They say that China passes hundreds of death sentences every year, many for economic crimes.

To me, this is an example of how the death penalty can get abused.
What they did was wrong but killing them is not the answer.
The death penalty is obviously not a deterrent as they committed this crime in spite of the potential consequences.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
that sucks for them... china is over populated...maybe this somewhat helps cut down the population.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't know. China has a pretty low crime rate. Russia had one under Stalin too. Either they do a good job of hiding crimes, or its pretty safe. I felt much safer in Bejing than I did in Bangkok. I support the death penalty, but I too draw the line at non murder crimes. I mean can you imagine if we put down Martha!

[edit on 21-8-2004 by FredT]

new topics

join