It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting, south west VA August 28, 2011 - sorry no pic just wanted to put it out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Last night my daughter and her boyfriend had come back from a movie. We were standing out in the driveway chatting a bit. It was between 10:30 - 11:00 p.m. We are in south western VA, very close to NC boarder and not from from WV and TN (about an hour drive). I live in the country, no neighbors to my right or left, no street lights, just a house behind mine. So it is pretty dark out there at night.

My daughter suddenly yells "OH MY GAAAWD - LOOOOK!" She points to the sky behind me. I turn, look up, and there are a bunch of lights in a circular shape. The 3 of us are standing there looking at this flash of lights. They would blink, disappear, reappear, and didn't move very much - very slowly. We watched for about a minute or so, when suddenly they just disappeared with a bit of streak of light following behind. Poof - GONE!

I know most are gonna say pic or video, or it didn't happen...that's fine. We know what we saw. This was the 2nd time I have seen one personally. I had seen one about 20 years ago or so, different than this one. It really freaked my daughter out. She finally said "they are real -this freaks me out. You weren't kidding mom".

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there for those of you who are following areas of recent sightings.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Last night my daughter and her boyfriend had come back from a movie. We were standing out in the driveway chatting a bit. It was between 10:30 - 11:00 p.m. We are in south western VA, very close to NC boarder and not from from WV and TN (about an hour drive). I live in the country, no neighbors to my right or left, no street lights, just a house behind mine. So it is pretty dark out there at night.

My daughter suddenly yells "OH MY GAAAWD - LOOOOK!" She points to the sky behind me. I turn, look up, and there are a bunch of lights in a circular shape. The 3 of us are standing there looking at this flash of lights. They would blink, disappear, reappear, and didn't move very much - very slowly. We watched for about a minute or so, when suddenly they just disappeared with a bit of streak of light following behind. Poof - GONE!

I know most are gonna say pic or video, or it didn't happen...that's fine. We know what we saw. This was the 2nd time I have seen one personally. I had seen one about 20 years ago or so, different than this one. It really freaked my daughter out. She finally said "they are real -this freaks me out. You weren't kidding mom".

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there for those of you who are following areas of recent sightings.

3 people, no mobile phone?

you live in a swamp?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

summer5,
thanks for sharing some people on here are very rude. You will always get the, "what no pics" reply when they want to see "proof". Proof enough is that you all saw it. Maybe now you will watch more and have a camera ready...yes?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Wow - Virginia has sure been hopping this week. Makes you wonder what could happen next.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Tell you the truth it makes no sense to think that everyone can afford a camera phone or will keep some
kind of camera with video mode on hand at all times.
What really does not make sense to me is why the "guys" who have missing cattle etc..don't catch
the "varmints" that did it on camera at some point in time..cameras are expensive but so are cattle.
hummmmm Would they be afraid to reveal "who done it" if they could prove it? One wonders.
I believe real things do happen in a flash and sometimes there is no way to record it anyway..it just is like
the feeling that you know that you know that you know..prove that!!! when what you are thinking actually
becomes the real deal.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Interesting experience, OP.... honestly I'm not sure why people demand photographic proof, either. If you saw it, you know what you saw and no amount of naysaying is going to make it otherwise. I know that if I saw a UFO, taking a picture would be the last thing on my mind, mostly because I'd want to look at the thing for as long as possible and would probably be in shock. Come on, who is really that prepared in a moment of possibly witnessing extraterrestrial aircraft?
You're very fortunate to have seen something (thus far) unexplained. I hope sightings continue to happen worldwide, it feels like we're on the verge of mass sightings... hey, I can dream!!

top topics

join