It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Absolute Assurances From NASA About Elenin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The Hopi Blue Star Prophecy is a fake. No one had even heard of it until 1959 when a white minister published it. Since then a variety of authors have taken his words and changed them to match their own theories. The Hopi however and come forward and said that they have no prophecy at all like that.

The Hopi Prophecy is fake? Where is your proof? You know just because you type something on ATS doesn't make it true. I would also like your proof that they have "come out and said they have no prophecy at all like that." But since you made that statement Im sure you can back that it up, right? Ill patiently wait your response.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This post is simple gibberish. Taking nothing into account for technological advances and using backwards logic to deflect, deflect who knows what.

So this is the true motivation for anticipating doom we are subjected to read the very theme here so often? People unhappy with their lives hoping for a catastrophic event to change the playing field rules of survival, even if it means their own demise? Have a nice day! So what is that state slogan in New Hampshire again?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

NH slogan - Live Free (IF You Pay Your Taxes On Time)....Or Die, (In Prison If You Don't).
When you can prove that statement to be untrue, then I'll retract it.

How is it gibberish? It's Jibbyrich with personal experience and research for 3 decades, usually loaded with pppfffttts and whatevers as I come across new info they peddle out. They're press conferences are jokes, no?

All I stated was that studies have been done using large groups of people under controlled focus experiments and they had interesting results. If those results are accurate, then yes if enough people concentrate on our demise, it will most likely manifest, just like it does in all our lives personally. Fear magnetizes like energy, so does love, not much to debate there.

Maybe they want us all focusing on our destruction, it;s not like they like their slaves very much in these advanced countries. My main outlook is.... if they continue putting money ahead of logic and health, then they simply do not care about us or our "safety" at all.... the top people that is, the volunteers and commoners helping with Irene [preps and all, they are us, of course THEY care about us, the people making ALL the important decisions do not.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

All I stated was that studies have been done using large groups of people under controlled focus experiments and they had interesting results. If those results are accurate, then yes if enough people concentrate on our demise, it will most likely manifest, just like it does in all our lives personally. Fear magnetizes like energy, so does love, not much to debate there.

You can earn yourself a million dollars if you can prove that you can demonstrate a paranormal claim in a controlled setting.

Go for it!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Since I was in 3rd grade all the way through college, I have been doing science projects on the planets. I have yet to see 2 sources tell me the same numbers for how many moons Jupiter and Saturn have, and Pluto seems to be gaining more moons as the years go by. BUT.... NASA can tell us what's going on in a distant spiral galaxy 12 gabillion million trillion miles away though, just can't figure out that "water on the moon or not" question until recently or count how many moons and planetoids are floating around our own neighborhood.

So what you're saying is that because scientists keep making new discoveries which overturn what you learned in third grade, you refuse to believe anything they say? You're not going to like this, but the triceratops was not a separate species of dinosaur....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Yeah I've heard about the challenge, and I can do it with a few drinks in me on a poker table. I've scared people to the point of them throwing salt at me. Nothing super impressive, I can just call cards and hands before they happen, to do it with witnesses under controlled situations can be intimidating but I've done it before. Maybe I'll take them up on it.

The results of the focused experiments can of course be argued because the results are abstract and people need solid tangible evidence like visible electrons and what not. There's more unseen to our eyes than there are visible realities, to be so conclusive about anything is premature when what we don't know as a species could fill the alpha quadrant.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

So what you're saying is that because scientists keep making new discoveries which overturn what you learned in third grade, you refuse to believe anything they say? You're not going to like this, but the triceratops was not a separate species of dinosaur....

I don't know why my statements are so scrambled into new statements with different meanings. I said they can't seem to agree or get their facts on the same page with everyone else publishing the same info basically.

All you guys are very much the same, NASA tells you something is a fact and you believe it 100%, then the facts are "updated", which means you have to change your old beliefs, no? So why are people still saying THIS IS FACT, THIS IS FICTION when science is constantly being updated?

If I talk to someone from 1985 and told them Jupiter had over 80 moons, and Pluto has 4 moons.... they'd laugh at me and say, "NASA would have told us this if it were true." Yet it is true...."for now". Still, I'd have to endure laughter and ridicule because their sources of information haven't updated their beliefs yet. That's all I'm trying to point out, keep an OPEN mind, open for constant change and possibilities.
edit on 28-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Well then I guess you were lucky. I'm sure the people that lived in this house are glad they heeded the warnings and evacuated.

I researched for my particular area. I never said the southern states near the shore were going to be a-ok, I said NE wasn't going to have much of anything, yet the MA. governor was all over the TV stirring up people's fears and spending tons of money for nothing.

Perhaps you should turn on local MA news and see for yourself how "not much of anything" isn't correct, there are downed trees and houses with trees toppled over onto them, the rivers are not done receiving water...flooding is going to be a huge issue over the next few days. Gov. Patrick made the right call, and thanks to that declaration of emergency crews have been out all throughout cleaning up downed trees so that people can get to work in the morning. Perhaps he shouldn't have had those federal dollars released and everyone could stand around tomorrow morning trying to figure out how to clear huge whole trees off their streets without getting electrocuted from the power lines that came down with them, or take a day or two's lost wages and suck it up.

Let's also not forget that people are stupid and do in fact need to be told over and over not to go outside in dangerous weather, if not for their own lives than for the lives of the people who have to try to save their stupid asses.

But you go ahead and ignore the troubles in your own neck of the woods and worry about a snowball that won't pass anywhere near the planet.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Let's also not forget that people are stupid and do in fact need to be told over and over not to go outside in dangerous weather, if not for their own lives than for the lives of the people who have to try to save their stupid asses.

I can't really argue with that truism, but whose fault is it that the majority are sheeple and NEED to be told how to put their own shoes on and such? If the governors know they have to cater to the slowest citizens out there, then why still allow such corporate evils to continue without prejudice? IE- Fluoridated water, Chinese toxic foods, mercury vaccines, and the ridiculous TV programming to dumb down, propagandize, and dehumanize the population to be bred for wars and loss of freedoms?

You can't just praise their achievements and ignore their willing ignorance for REAL dangers EVERYDAY that occur which is never on the local news. Yeah Gov Patrick got on the TV and made his declarations, but then what? He ran and hid in a bunker last night? He's my hero! It's the people who came through for each other, regardless of what Patrick said, they would have done it anyway, and used their own trucks and chainsaws if the state got cheap on them.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I can't really argue with that truism, but whose fault is it that the majority are sheeple and NEED to be told how to put their own shoes on and such? If the governors know they have to cater to the slowest citizens out there, then why still allow such corporate evils to continue without prejudice? IE- Fluoridated water, Chinese toxic foods, mercury vaccines, and the ridiculous TV programming to dumb down, propagandize, and dehumanize the population to be bred for wars and loss of freedoms?

So, how come you don't focus on this if it's such a huge problem instead of a poor little comet that is never going to live up to it's hype?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you guys don't trust the NASA experts, why don't you major in Astrophysics and make up your own minds if you won't listen/don't trust the experts?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So, how come you don't focus on this if it's such a huge problem instead of a poor little comet that is never going to live up to it's hype?

I do very much so, and this is my 1st Elenin thread ever, which is mostly talking about NASA and their probable misinformation. I have no Nibiru, planet X, Hokey Prophecy, spooky gods, or any of that in my thread history here on ATS.
I do help moderate a fairly popular alternative forum site which pretty much covers the entire spectrum of alternative news and information out there. It's not huge but we have well over 1000 world wide members and 1000s of videos and articles.

If I could stand in front of their tanks rolling down my street, I would, and so would most of us I think if it became THAT blatant. The problem is it is never that blatant, it's very back room kind of stuff that never makes the news but is the driving forces behind world economic policies.
Nothing I can do against them except not buy into their bs and try to help others live healthier by arming them with information they can't get on the TV.

NASA is one of the big guns though, their info can affect the entire planet, and the technology they shelf is just crimes against humanity in my opinion, so I will throw stones at them all day every day too.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
If you guys don't trust the NASA experts, why don't you major in Astrophysics and make up your own minds if you won't listen/don't trust the experts?

I was going into the Planetary science field with a minor in Astronomy, then I got to the whacked out Math parts of that area of science. No human being can handle all that math AND have enough brain cells left over to put pants and shoes on, or answer a phone. It's kind of a life commitment to the field as far as spending one's time. I enjoy Astronomy very much, I didn't want to ruin it by overloading myself with all the chaos.

It's the math that I need to PROVE them wrong when it comes to orbital approaches with variable fluxes multiplied by gravitational unknowns from the sun at the time a comet or asteroid approaches it. Very difficult stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

— Otto von Bismarck

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't know why my statements are so scrambled into new statements with different meanings. I said they can't seem to agree or get their facts on the same page with everyone else publishing the same info basically.

I see. In that case you are simply wrong. Different experiments collect different sets of data. Different scientists interpret data differently. Eventually a consensus is reached. That's how science works.

All you guys are very much the same, NASA tells you something is a fact and you believe it 100%, then the facts are "updated", which means you have to change your old beliefs, no? So why are people still saying THIS IS FACT, THIS IS FICTION when science is constantly being updated?

All us guys? You know each and every one of us personally, and we all "believe" whatever NASA tells us? Funny, but I remember being skeptical about the "arsenic breathing bug" and am dubious about some of the interpretations of the data from the Kepler observatory. It's not about belief, it's about evaluating the data and its interpretation for oneself. It can sometimes be very difficult to determine with 100% certainty that something is a fact, but it is usually painfully obvious when something is a fiction. Nibiru is patently a fiction. Twisting NASA's statements about comet Elenin is an extension of this fiction.

If I talk to someone from 1985 and told them Jupiter had over 80 moons, and Pluto has 4 moons.... they'd laugh at me and say, "NASA would have told us this if it were true." Yet it is true...."for now". Still, I'd have to endure laughter and ridicule because their sources of information haven't updated their beliefs yet. That's all I'm trying to point out, keep an OPEN mind, open for constant change and possibilities.

Absolutely wrong. If you told someone from 1985 that Jupiter had over 80 moons, they would first ask you what you meant by "moon." If you said that you meant large chunks of rock they would have shrugged and said: "Oh, at least." As for Pluto, they would have asked you to produce some data to back up your claim. That appears to be a fundamental distinction: some people require hard data and evidence, and some run with their fantasies and claim that they have an "open mind."

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Quote:

C/2010 X1 Elenin
8h magnitude - in process of disintegrating. Will not survive perihelion.
Low western evening sky.

Southern Comets Homepage

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'd have to endure laughter and ridicule because their sources of information haven't updated their beliefs yet.

This little sentence sandwiched in one of your replies requires a bit of an explanation. It sounds to be based on your own bias.

He was referring to NASA, like it is some kind of entity of single minded thinkers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Observations from August 20 indicate that comet Elenin underwent a dramatic fade. The comet is in the process of disintegrating on its way towards perihelion and thus will no longer become potentially observable with the unaided eye.

That is good news if it's true. Now what does this mean for it's orbital velocity? This orbital track must have to change again. No mention of any objects that appeared to be following it though, and from what I've seen there is no 100% definite confirmation that they were random asteroids.

reply to post by DJW001

Different experiments collect different sets of data. Different scientists interpret data differently. Eventually a consensus is reached. That's how science works.

What??? Since when do all scientists ever agree? At least enough to call it a "consensus"? Your description sounds like politics not factual science. The scientists "in the click" have their opinions and "facts" published and plastered all over the TV...Michu Kaku for instance.... while scientists who disagree with the "consensus" are black listed, ridiculed, and shunned by the major corporations and governments.

An example would be architects and engineers for 9/11, and the climate change scientists. When politics and MONEY gets involved in science, it no longer is pure, and facts become partial truths with lawyers standing on both sides of the scientist making sure everything is said well.

The rest is just arguing semantics.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

I will admit the sources I used on this one were a bit off on their information. They did not come out and say that this prophecy specifically was untrue. Instead they said to beware of non-Hopi presuming to know of Hopi matters or even single Hopi claiming to know the secrets/prophecies/etc. of the Hopi. The Hopi are a secretive people and even among the Hopi no one person or tribe knows the extent of their beliefs. The information is almost compartmentalized in that different tribes know different parts, but no tribe knows everything. So, in short what they say is that the likes of Frank Waters, Robert Morning Sky, and others espousing the Blue Star Kachina Prophecy should not be believed as they are not Hopi and no Hopi would talk about such a thing with outsiders.

EDIT: Hotlink won't work so I will give you steps to get to the article.

1. Go to Wayback Machine
2. Insert www.hopi.nsn.us... as the URL.
3. Click Latest.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The fine line is:

A) NASA is not corrupt and presents true data to the public.

or

B) TPTB do control NASA or at least filter their statements.

*cough* B *cough*

Now, if the latter is true.. JUST IMAGINE what NASA does not tell people, without all the technology that they have, which of course is likely to be better than all amateur astronomer equipment combined because of tax-paying funds over decades.

..Keep throwing those stones my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join