It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Absolute Assurances From NASA About Elenin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Ok, so then where is the ancient prophecy regarding Elenin? Where do they talk about a celestial object that looks like a comet, acts like a comet, and has the gravitational properties of a comet but is actually a planet or brown dwarf? Or where are their astronomical records that state that in 2011 a comet is going to collide with Earth and wipe out all life? If NASA is wrong about Elenin where is the data that says so? If you actually put more trust in ancient prophecies than NASA that's your own choice and I can't stop you. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Ancients said absolutely nothing regarding Elenin, so you're just going to have to go with NASA and every other astronomer in the world on this one. Unless of course you are being contrarian just to be contrarian, which does seem to be the trend on this site.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

If that was true, then why did they not care about Erin on "9/11/2001"?

Well I could have sworn 2 big buildings in the United States were bombed and attacked by planes or something like that so that's probably why they didn't care...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why is everything an "emergency" nowadays?

Good question. Look around this site for example. "Elenin is Nibiru! This is it!"
Personally, I don't pay much attention to the MSM for anything but an "alert" (hey, what's this about?) I then do my own research. Guess what, that research would have told me to leave the eastern seaboard.
edit on 8/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I live on the eastern seaboard and I did my own research too. I did avoid heavily funded propaganda websites though, the ones with a nice corporate space gang logo for example. And what's with all the Saturn/sun/stars/orbital rings logos everywhere? Why are pharmaceutical companies using space symbolism? Rhetorical question for me, I know all the biggest companies are run by about 5 people.

My research led me to the conclusion of throwing away my batteries and flashlights vs fleeing, so your research would have cost you more than mine cost me in the end, and the result I predicted as an amateur researcher was what in fact occurred where I live. Now tomorrow I have 3 leaves and 2 twigs to clean up. My friends in RI on the shoreline are also doing just fine.
edit on 28-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Your choice. How about that.
Whatcha gonna do about Elenin?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It is Job, not Jobe.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well then I guess you were lucky. I'm sure the people that lived in this house are glad they heeded the warnings and evacuated.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Ok, so then where is the ancient prophecy regarding Elenin? Where do they talk about a celestial object that looks like a comet, acts like a comet, and has the gravitational properties of a comet but is actually a planet or brown dwarf? Or where are their astronomical records that state that in 2011 a comet is going to collide with Earth and wipe out all life? If NASA is wrong about Elenin where is the data that says so? If you actually put more trust in ancient prophecies than NASA that's your own choice and I can't stop you. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Ancients said absolutely nothing regarding Elenin, so you're just going to have to go with NASA and every other astronomer in the world on this one. Unless of course you are being contrarian just to be contrarian, which does seem to be the trend on this site.

The Hpoi blue star prophecy seems to coincide with what Elenin looks like "in color" photos, though I don't subscribe to anything 100%, I just read and process the info and move on.

I'm not saying- "NASA is wrong about ELENIN" at all. I said I hope he isn't lying to us, and I asked how they can be so 100% sure of nothing happening in 2012, when they know very little about our own sun's cycles, and when there are always new asteroids and comets being discovered with unknown orbital paths they can't predict right away.

I can't be 100% sure about anything coming next week or next year, no matter how many telescopes and equipment you give me and a team of the best and brightest, because we are infants of Universal knowledge right now, and we all know they would keep a lid on anything until they "had no choice" but to speak out about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endure

It is Job, not Jobe.

I know, I spell it phonetically for the people with spelling issues here. If I wrote Job, people would be asking me why a job is sending me cards.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Well then I guess you were lucky. I'm sure the people that lived in this house are glad they heeded the warnings and evacuated.

I researched for my particular area. I never said the southern states near the shore were going to be a-ok, I said NE wasn't going to have much of anything, yet the MA. governor was all over the TV stirring up people's fears and spending tons of money for nothing.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Once again with the "experts are telling us not to panic, it must be the end of the world" line of reasoning. With how often this logic is used one would think that at least once a week we are told not to panic and then we all die. Yet here we are. Every year we go through this multiple times with space objects. Either a comet or asteroid is passing close to Earth, or the Sun is sending out a CME, or something else along these lines. And every time people start to panic and then NASA says there's nothing to be worried about and the people claim that if NASA is saying that there must actually be something that's going to happen. So, I'm going to go ahead and ask a question here that anyone is free to answer. Can someone name even a single event in the history of NASA where they said not to worry and then something catastrophic occurred?

"Can someone name even a single event in the history of NASA where they said not to worry and then something catastrophic occurred?"

When enginers told NASA that the SEALS/O-RINGS,,were NO GOOD,,
and the Nasa SpaceCraft,,name ?,,
something catastrophic occurred.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The Hopi Blue Star Prophecy is a fake. No one had even heard of it until 1959 when a white minister published it. Since then a variety of authors have taken his words and changed them to match their own theories. The Hopi however and come forward and said that they have no prophecy at all like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Your choice. How about that.
Whatcha gonna do about Elenin?

I tried calling Superman for help, but I forgot he's fictional and only exists on TV and in comics.... so I went to the next best thing, I put a call out to Chuck Norris to take care of Elenin.

I no longer worry about Elenin, I worry about NASA coverups and lies.
There's nothing any of us can do about Elenin if it became a deadly impact object, but I have mountains and caves nearby and I'd like some kind of notice just in case.

When I'm wrong I suck it up and admit my errors, like last night's debate about a comet vs sunlit contrails. I was lazy and didn't do the math, then when I gave it my full attention, I found my 1st guess was wrong.
When it comes to NASA, I wish I was wrong about them, but I know for sure I'm not.

Like my red sky moon avatar? I figure why not make all planets and moons have a red sky, you know, to highlight the moon's surface features. Whatevs NASA....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

Really?
I wonder where this came from

I seriously don't think that guy has the wherewithal to be burdened with paying taxes.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think the comet is dangerous. Maybe America feels snakebit. Like it's their time to draw the short straw.

I personally wonder if there are about one billion followers of Islam praying daily for this country's demise.

This feeling field could cause "cognitive dissonance". A quantum effect? Isn't that how prayer works?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Well it's said that concentrated thoughts can magnetize the result sought, experiments have focused on proving this and the results were interesting.... like with the D.C. crime rate drop being one of their focuses.

You make a good point, how many 3rd world countries are praying for our demise? How many Americans are doing the same?? I can't help but wonder how that affects things overall, will it manifest by natural disaster on Earth, space object impacts, or a solar crisis? I'm going with the solar crisis possible from now to 2014, but I'm not putting real money on that, just keeping my eyes, ears, and mind open.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Although NASA contains two A's, they do not stand for Absolute Assurance. Never-A-Straight-Answer has turned into Not A Scientist Among'em

edit on 28-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Really? So I'm guessing WISE was built by a bunch of preschoolers playing with Tinker Toys and those examining the data that has revealed over 100 new brown dwarfs are just an eighth grade science class.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
NASA may be many things but stupid they are not, that's why I am concerned about their "information" they tell us all. I'm still pissed about Mars' red sky crap they peddled off to us, which now makes the movie Total Recall look ridiculous. "Huh, blue sky on Mars, that's a new one...." - Recall scientist, from Total Recall 1990.

Since I was in 3rd grade all the way through college, I have been doing science projects on the planets. I have yet to see 2 sources tell me the same numbers for how many moons Jupiter and Saturn have, and Pluto seems to be gaining more moons as the years go by. BUT.... NASA can tell us what's going on in a distant spiral galaxy 12 gabillion million trillion miles away though, just can't figure out that "water on the moon or not" question until recently or count how many moons and planetoids are floating around our own neighborhood.

whatevzzz

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Science Dynamics built WISE
Ball Aerospace built the rocket
JPL manages WISE
Science Operations located in the same place as JPL analyzes the data
WISE is now decomissioned

(from the NASA site)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

On the moons and stuff...I'm guessing NASA needs a continuity director.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join