It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Strange Pointy Person at Nuclear Power Plant. What's he doing??? (UPDATE: Another one!!)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Pretty creepy! I disagree with others, the first video I was thinking reading. The 2nd vid you can see that is not the case. His expression show (along with the very long pointing) he's making a point. If that is as close to the damaged reactor as it looks, he's risking a lot to do so. Its toyko electrics feed, s I would guess he pointing the finger at them. Good job on his part....hope he didn't just do himself in!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
GODZILLA! But all joking aside, it would be interesting to find out what is actually going on, especially with the earthquake that occurred not too long ago. Probably something simple and non off-the-wall.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The first video he is monitoring his radiation exposure levels with a personal handhold device. He's obviously placing blame on the responsible party or parties. I point a different.finger at them!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Are you serious ATS?

This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen. Obviously counting something in the distance with his finger, which explains why his hand doesn't move much, and there's obviously a lot of counting going on.

I wonder sometimes..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
This is the original video. He appears to be reading something.

Subtle observations:

1) He points directly out at the pipes and ocean and swings his hand towards the camera
2) He exaggerates the reading of his detector putting it into his face (keeps checking it)
3) He drops the detector to his mid section
4) Walks out of view
5) Comes close with serious expression and points directly at the camera (us viewers)

I firmly believe he telling people to monitor this situation closely and keep track of what is going on. I think it is a serious warning from this man who went out of his way to do this. That is for sure a detector in his hand and not a cell phone btw.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The first glimpse i got of it actually creeped me out a bit. But if you drag the youtube navbar along the timeline, you can see his position hardly changes at all.

I would have also said he is just using a tool here, but the second video he does the same thing again, only closer to the camera? Just seems unusual, there is no need for this kind of behavior. Other thing is, you ever stretched your arm out like that and tried to hold it? It gets pretty tiring after a while.

Not saying this is some kind of hidden message, but the behavior displayed is a bit abnormal.

Maybe he was trying to prank one of his colleagues that works in security.

"Wouldn't it be funny if i just started started pointing at the camera and the security officers on the other end saw it."

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Like I said, his arm is hardly moving because he is pointing at something really far away.

The behavior does seem a bit strange, like that whole outstretched swing to start off his pointing session, but you have to understand that this is Japan, and small little wierd things like that are different.

If the objects were really far away, he may have had to point like that to keep track of what he was doing.

Does anybody know what kind of tool he is looking at?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Whew, it took some doing, but I finally found out what he's saying:

"空にまで、見て!
それは鳥です
それは飛行機です。
それはスーパーマンだ!"
edit on 8/29/11 by BuzzCory because: Fixed translation error

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Did anyone else notice the " invisible" person from 12-17 secs?
Im guessing its probs just some sort of strange effect from the rads effecting the camera or something..
but weird, no?

( the 1st video )

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I looked around to see what "pointing" meant in Japan... this is what I found
Link

Pointing with the index finger is considered rude. You should point with the entire hand.

I can't seem to find anything else other than it's rude.

EDIT: Not sure if this has any connection but am putting it out there:
-

JT
edit on 29-8-2011 by Greenblaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deadlockxii

Well spotted.

Very odd, looks a little bit like a heat wave that can bee seen in the distance on a hot day.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I noticed it now that you pointed it out.

Doesn't look like a "ghost" person to me though, it looks like the camera is refreshing one part of the screen or something.

It just looks like a line sweeping through the camera.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

Hmm. Is it still rude when your the only one in the area?

I'm sure there might be more people in the area... So it's possible hes being aggressive.

Good find.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That was actually editing done to this video. If you notice the thing hanging from the crane disappears after it moves across. Nice find i didn't notice that at first.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

.....or, he could be daring the cameraman to pull his finger!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think the title of this thread is what makes me think its rediculous.

Shouldnt it say strange pointING person? Everytime I read the title in recent posts, it makes me think i should be looking at gumby, or a human pencil..

edit on 29-8-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by loam

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! LOLOLOL I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY LIFE!!!
You just made the rest of my week! thank you!

Have a holiday in Japan and you'll have a bunch of these good laughs.
So good for the mood.
The Japanese behave so strangely (for us) at times that you can't do anything but laugh (even if you don't want to because you know it's not polite).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deadlockxii

Originally posted by loam

Did anyone else notice the " invisible" person from 12-17 secs?
Im guessing its probs just some sort of strange effect from the rads effecting the camera or something..
but weird, no?

( the 1st video )

I think it could appear to be an "invisible" person as the line sweeps across the vegetation on the lower right. But when you look at the upper left around 15 seconds the line is sweeping leftward and is more clear against the sky. I'm curious why the line would sweep to the right on the bottom and to the left on the top. Both lines appear to cover less than 1/2 of the shot, not sweeping from side to side but from past the center to the side.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
I think the title of this thread is what makes me think its rediculous.

Shouldnt it say strange pointING person? Everytime I read the title in recent posts, it makes me think i should be looking at gumby, or a human pencil..

edit on 29-8-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

I for one like pointy. While pointing may be accurate it just doesn't have the same appeal.
Pointy, perfect for thread titles and poetry.

Pointy Birds
O pointy birds,
O pointy pointy.
Anoint my head,
Anointy-nointy.

John Lillison, “England’s greatest one-armed poet”

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I think it is actually a time-lapse refresh of the camera. The two lines start in the middle right and they sweep over the entire view. As the line goes left you can see it clear out the "hanging thing" above the reactor building. Also, pay attention to the time in the top right as the lines go across the screen. The time goes from like 09:37:00 to 9:41:00, which makes me believe the camera stopped and then refreshed like 5 minutes later.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join