It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite new band that you have recently discovered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi

I have known about this band by name for about 2 years now, I’ve only just recently began to listen to them and let me tell you; they’re amazing!

More often than not I have the bad habit of hearing one or two songs on the radio of a certain band and then use those songs as an excuse not to check them out.

Well “Cage the Elephant” is another example, where I went and did it again.

Now that I’ve started really listening to all their tracks, they almost remind me of how Nirvana made me feel, the main vocalist also has somewhat of a “southern twang”.

So this got me thinking; this same scenario or close to it probably happens to most people.

So what’s your favourite band that you’ve discovered recently?

Spike Spiegel

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Recently I have been introduced to Patrick Watson, he's really cool. The latest album is very percussive with great story lines in the lyrics
very trippy short story stuff.
really cool.

Here is a link to his song wooden Arms performed live:
WOODEN ARMS

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't know if you guys listen to hip hop, like the good kind but lately I was put onto this group from Houston, TX called "Low End Theory" and I thought they were actually pretty dope for a hip hop band made up of two rappers and a producer.

This song I'm posting is called "Bedroom Music" but it's not what you think. I contacted them because the song is catchy, their producer sampled Secrets by OneRepublic and they gave it a whole new vibe. The track is actually about recording music in one of their bedrooms at their apartment. I thought it was a pretty cool/neat idea. And it breaks away from the whole bit***s and ho*s drugs and cars subject matter covered in all freaking mainstream garbage!

Check them out, they actually did a video for it, its on repeat for me! Something about this track is really catchy and its soothing too.. enjoy fellas/gals!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-8-2011 by sirissacnewtone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
five finger death punch
link

They are really nice if you like metal.

edit on 28-8-2011 by DoctorSatan because: lol

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lesisgod

Wow, these guys are amazing.

Thanks for the link.

SS

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Magic Kingdom - Flying pyramids

Wizards- Shade of a Ghost

Pathfinder--The Demon Awakens

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My favorite new band has to be Kvelertak from sweden

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm currently rediscovering Black Label Society.
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-catchy guitar riff-

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've heard of Rammstein before but i've only just started listening to more then 3 or 4 of their songs and they are amazing.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

My friend, Rammstein is an amazing band; their stage presence is like nothing you have ever seen before.

Not to mention every video clip they make has what could almost be likened to a Hollywood type production value.

Every song they make has a great story behind it; here are some of my favourites.

Enjoy

SS

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Ps five finger death punch is pretty good reminds me of Pantera a little bit

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hi everyone spike here for a weekly update, I’ve started to listen to “Awolnation” a bit of beat, guitar and some good lyrics enjoy.

Why does this second video ring a bell?
Hmmm, I’m not like that crazy guy in the video anyway, conspiracies...

til next week.

SS
edit on 063030p://pm3027 by Spike Spiegle because: had to add emoticon..just had to.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I am loving Nujabes right now. Amazing DJ. I've known about him for a while but only heard his stuff from the samurai champloo soundtrack. Sad to hear he died last year just after I got into him.

The only other new(at least to me) stuff I am into right now. How can you not like Chanson Ska?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If you love thrash metal you will definitely like:

Hell Trucker by Gama Bomb:

www.youtube.com...

Gama Bomb - Thrashaholic:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I love some of the Cage the Elephant music. My new favorite is SAIL! by awolnation (I found it awhile ago before this post).

I also recently found: "Do Better" by Say Anything. I have a lot of other ones around....hrm. Those two songs just stand out right now. I will post again

Edit.~Some more band names. Wye Oak(civilian), Civil Twilight (letters from the sky), Gasoline Heart (Never been worse), The Gaslight Anthem (old haunts- I actually bought the CD). God the list goes on and on.

I usually hate country but I also liked Aeron Lewis's Country boy.
edit on 3-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Stars for everyone who took the time to answer and/or add their own favourites.
So far, I’m loving the diversity in the music you guys/gals are posting, keep it up.

I wanted to change it up with regards to the music I have been posting so far, so here you go.

DISCLAIMER WARNING: HEAVY HANDED LANGUAGE and GRAPHIC IMAGES
(This song obviously doesn’t represent the views of abovetopsecret.com...etc.)

Spike Spiegle

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Love these guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Animals as Leaders have been hot on my playlist lately. Possibly my favorite guitarist ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join