It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wants To Do Away With FEMA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Yah, see how you are so independent till someone talks about taking away an entitlement? FEMA is not just people handing out ice and water after a hurricane, it's paying for people staying in hotels for months or years. Let's get a grip on things here. i'm guessing a few bodybags are in the mix too, but even Irene only had about 9 deaths.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
get rid of fema hell yeah.

lets stop the flow of billions to mount weather its home base its real home base people may think its in dc but it aint.

id love to get a tour and see where our tax dollars went for a place that the snobs of dc will live out posh days if the shtf.

Go Paul!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Well it seems alot of people are agreeing with him on this, i thought it would have a different setback, only pro obama idiots at MSNBC arent liking what ron paul has stated,

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

There is a role for the feds - basic things like ensuring that communications are interoperable, leveraging certain infrastructure, but thats about it. Probably be about 100 people, two in each state, something like that

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm liking this guy more each day,yes we should get rid of FEMA,and the Army Corps of engineer,only thing the engineer is disaster and destruction,go Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yah, see how you are so independent till someone talks about taking away an entitlement? FEMA is not just people handing out ice and water after a hurricane, it's paying for people staying in hotels for months or years. Let's get a grip on things here. i'm guessing a few bodybags are in the mix too, but even Irene only had about 9 deaths.

Really? I mean seriously? You think that FEMA is an entitlement?

No, it's the Federal Emergency Management Agency. And you don't think that my tax dollars should go to help US Citizens who for no fault of their own have their entire lives turned upside down?

We spend billions of dollars helping out hell hole countries that get jacked up by natural disasters. Americans give tons of money to aid for these places. But your butthurt about helping out your FELLOW COUNTRYMEN?

I don't think people understand why certain "entitlements" are bad while others are worthwhile. They just hear the stupid FOX News phrase "entitlement" and think automatically freeloader!

Yea, some drug addict on food stamps and welfare is something we need to stop. Some lady who has a crack habit and 18 kids from 14 different fathers probably needs to get up off the bed and go out and find a job or 3 instead of living off of Uncle Sam.

But when our own people are suffering for no other reason than mother nature decided to deal them a bad hand? I think that we as a country have the duty and obligation to help our countrymen out.

I think the whole anti entitlement debate has gone a little overboard. The whole, "Me first and big middle finger up to you!" attitude conservatives have is just a little extreme. (remember my theme is balance) Not conservative, not liberal. Either extreme is bad, too much liberalism, and you get cradle to grave government up your behind, which is just WAY too much. Too much Conservatism, and you got the Hatfield s and the McCoy's, shooting each other because of some retarded reason. So too much of either is just that, too much.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is something that will never happen.
If TPTB made FEMA, what makes some frail old man, near death, RP, able to out wit TPTB?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
If TPTB made FEMA, what makes some frail old man, near death, RP, able to out wit TPTB?

anyone who calls Ron Paul frail has to bike 30 miles with him in the Texas heat. Prepared to do that?

TPTB made all their crappy agencies and one way or another they are all becoming bankrupt. All it needs is a little push.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

What a rotten, and disrespectful, thing to say. Everybody is near death, every day. As for frail, judging from your post, you are much more frail then Ron Paul...certainly much more feeble in the head!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul
For President

<< 1   >>

join