It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Successful Launch for Bulava Missile: Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Successful Launch for Bulava Missile: Russia

defensenews.com

MOSCOW - Russia on Aug. 27 successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable Bulava intercontinental missile, which it hopes will become a key strategic weapon despite a string of setbacks, the Kremlin said.

The missile was fired from the submarine Yury Dolgoruky in the White Sea to its target area the Pacific Ocean at the distance of its maximum range, which is believed to be 8,000 kilometers (4,970 miles).

Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov reported to President Dmitry Medvedev that the latest test of the intercontinental ballistic missile Bulava was successful," the Kremlin said in a state
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So, while we were focusing on Irene, Russia successfully tests their new nuke delivery system.

It's good to see the "Superpowers" are still focused on how to kill as many people as possible

On a related note, this is the same missile that supposedly caused the Norway Spiral, during a failed test last year...

defensenews.com

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I sense WW3

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
I sense WW3

I don't know about that, but I do sense a

distraction

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The russians named their new missile after a watch company?

Oh wait, that's "Bulova", not "Bulava".

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

makes sense

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Test may have been a success but mission is FAIL. US already has lasers that can zap this mug out of the sky. Must be inntended for use against someone else, otherwise i hope they didn't put too much of their vodka money into its development.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
So, while we were focusing on Irene, Russia successfully tests their new nuke delivery system.

It's good to see the "Superpowers" are still focused on how to kill as many people as possible

"Superpowers" plural?
Russia is the one upping the ante.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just found out about this now as well. I don't doubt that they were screaming about Irene to hide this, and the fact that other forums are deducting the same thing as well, I believe the ''Start Treaty'' Is going to be dropped.

I smell one hell of a WWIII.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

lasers are old hat.

weve got that microwave sheild now.
and God only knows what else.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Are you people all joking?

Russia testing a missile is nothing out of the ordinary. The test was scheduled weeks if not months ago.

America tests ICBMs all the time...

Stop the hype people, it's nothing.

And don't give me that ``Russkies don't take a dump without a plan`` crap.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Are you people all joking?

Russia testing a missile is nothing out of the ordinary. The test was scheduled weeks if not months ago.

America tests ICBMs all the time...

Stop the hype people, it's nothing.

And don't give me that ``Russkies don't take a dump without a plan`` crap.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Exactly!!!

I think for some people making a conspiracy out of everything makes life a bit more exciting and 'sexy'. Its just like the hurricane Irene situation. Its a conspiracy when the government prepares early and saves lives and its a conspiracy if they dont (hurricane Katrina).

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Russia has another missile that is supposedly better than the Bulava. It's called The "Liner".

Russia develops new submarine–launched strategic missile

Aug 9, 2011

The missile can carry from 9 to 12 low capacity warheads, which exceeds the combat capability of another strategic missile “Bulava”.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No we aren't joking...

The intent here was to show what was happening while we were all distracted with the dud Irene.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Well, this is a conspiracy theory related website...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

On a related note, this is the same missile that supposedly caused the Norway Spiral, during a failed test last year...
defensenews.com

So what. Contrary to popular belief there's a whole planet out there with many different things happening. The only people who would view this is a distraction are those glued to crappy MSM watching what this storm does. I'm pretty confident that the US or other countries have tested military hardware and the like while other countries have undergone disasters.

Now the Norway spiral angle is interesting.

brill

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Test may have been a success but mission is FAIL. US already has lasers that can zap this mug out of the sky. Must be inntended for use against someone else, otherwise i hope they didn't put too much of their vodka money into its development.
what happened to the last Vandenberg launch...talk about pants around the Knees.

A missile test at Vandenberg Air Force Base this morning ends in failure. Air Force officials say they had to destroy the unarmed Minuteman 3 missile just minutes after launch because of safety concerns. The missile blasted off from the base on time at 3:01 a.m. It was supposed to travel about 4200 miles southwest to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands, but did not reach its target. There have been problems with both Minuteman 3 missile tests so far this year. Just five weeks ago, the launch had a communications glitch. That missile eventually reached its target, but that was not the case Wednesday morning. Air Force officials say most of the mission went as planned, but just five minutes into the flight, something went wrong. "We detected an anomaly and we initiated termination orders," said Lt. Col. Ron Watrous with Air Force Global Strike at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana. Officials wouldn't explain what the anomaly was but say they're investigating what caused it. The missile had to be destroyed northeast of its target in the Marshall Islands. "It impacted in the ocean, well out, from any populated area," Watrous said. Air force Global Strike Command is in charge of the nation's nuclear arsenal. "We do test launches periodically throughout the year to make sure we see what the systems do and make sure they work as they're intended to," Watrous said.

edit on 28-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Perhaps I am still stuck in the 70's / 80's

One could make an argument for a table where 3 Superpowers could sit-

China, Russia, U.S.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

"Superpowers" plural?
Russia is the one upping the ante.

Which they feel is necessary to deter the Missile Shield U.S. wants to surround them with. If it was no big deal the U.S. would just let it be a joint operation, sign something saying that it's not intended to be used against the other and make it a day...but that's too simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh I hear ya.

I just think it's funny in a hypocritical sort of way. If the US tested a New Missile it's because we are "Warmongers" meanwhile if China or Russia test one like this one for example. Some people will bend over backwards and go through mental gymnastics and extreme contortions in justification because of said actions and use the tired old excuse of "Well the US..." All the while ignoring the very real and verifiable fact that Russia has more nukes.

edit on 29-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join