It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Elenin Disintegrating? Looks like it!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I just saw this article and it indicates that Elenin may be disintegrating. Well I'm interested to see if this could be true as it ends a lot of the doom and gloom floating around about this comet, if it disintegrates then it's all good!

Here is the image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a2bcd52fa67.jpg[/atsimg]
members.westnet.com.au...
______beforeitsnews/story/1018/451/Is_Elenin_Disintegrating.html

Also this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d691dbd25f3c.png[/atsimg]

Elenin is a new comet, this is the first time it has dropped in to the inner solar system from the Oort Cloud. New comets generally are bright early than drop off quickly as their surface ices are depleted. Older comets tend to be brighter due to fissures and cracks penetrating more deeply into the comet allowing more volatiles to be accessed.

What does it mean for the future? Comets, despite the images of them that look like asteroids, and quite fragile, loose agglomerations of dust and ices smeared together. It has already been suggested that Elenein will not survive perihelion. This recent dimming of Elenin suggests it may be sufficiently fragile to evaporate as it passes close to the Sun, astromomers will be watching this samll but cute comet as it plunges towards perihelion for more clues about the structyure and dynamics of comets.
astroblogger.blogspot.com...

So maybe it's not so bad after all. Maybe we can put this little comet behind us and forget it ever happened, I hope so anyway. Cheers

(This is also my 1000th post and my first and last on Elenin! Cheers for reading ATS)

edit on 28-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I remember a picture of two ufo´s cruseing alongside this comet, perhaps they did somehing to it.. the same way they shoot down missles and deactivate nuke sites on earth.. they dont want us dead, just yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Even if elenin was disintegrating that doesn't mean its over there is still going to be a major change comet or no comet

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Planet X just pulled her apart. Watch out for falling rocks.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

But if it disintegrates then isn't it kind of not dangerous? You know, because its disintegrated....?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

They weren't UFO's, they were asteroids.

As for Elenin disintegrating, it's not impossible and the magnitude readings, if correct, make for an interesting few weeks.

edit on 28/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Molimo

But if it disintegrates then isn't it kind of not dangerous? You know, because its disintegrated....?

I would assume so yes, im not expert on comets so i cant tell if it is or isnt, but if its does that means smaller pieces so even if it came in contact with earth it would be more likely to burn up. So that should squash the doomsday predictions

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I didn't mean elenin i meant the future anything could happen and it will maybe a war or a natural disater big enough to get the worlds attention or something TPTB have planned

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Anyone else noticed that comet doom threads have been far less prevalent of late?

Guess some of the fear peddlers have gone off to create new accounts in preparation for the next big event. 2012 next, followed by 2016 IIRC

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The OP should know better than to peddle good news on a site like this. Don't worry folks - we will never run short of DOOM!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

when were you there? please, enlighten us

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

Asteroid 55684 and asteroid 13414:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wasn't there a theory that it was a cluster anyway?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Very elegant! Bravo!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnnouncementMovement

Wasn't there a theory that it was a cluster anyway?

There were claims that it was a cluster. As you can see in the above photographs, they were false. There is also no sign of an alien spaceship or brown dwarf star. It's just a potentially crumbly little comet.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh crap I just linked the same site as op

edit on 28-8-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You would think if it is breaking up Leonid Elenin would put it on his website right off, so far it is not there.
Any of you space people know if the changes could mean anything other then breaking up?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I wrote it had "sisters". Some goof ball on the site said it was disproven. His mama was disproven.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We can see Jupiter and it's 4 Galileo moons with a 36x spotting scope pretty good from some parts of the world right now.

Comet Elenin is supposed to be bigger than Jupiter with it's Coma growing from the suns energy blasting it.

How come nobody on Earth can see it?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

People on Earth can see it. Michael Mattiazo for example.

The coma is a very thin veil of gas. It does not reflect much light.

edit on 8/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join