It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever been homeless with no money? How did you / would you survive?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I"m in NE america. We have soup kitchens that offer free meals. We also have homeless shelters that give you a bed to sleep on and a warm place to stay. Then if you are not getting enough to eat we have food pantrys,that give out free food for poor people.

If all this ended I guess all you could do is build your shelter and hunt your food, Take things back to the stone age/indian days.

Would I clean up and look for a job? No I would look for a physical labor job noone wants to do,I would get one by going to the temporary hiring agencies.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Cool mate, and when that doesn't work?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I was homeless with no money. I didn't realize it at the time. I just thought I was between jobs so I lived in my 1972 VW bug and traveled across country. I was down to my last $60.00 and found a job at minimum wage at a bookstore. I managed to rent a used travel trailer and made $2.10 an hour until (shock!) i saved $1000 by eating frugally. Within one year I was made a "Manager in Training" at $3.00 an hour. I got laid more often than I do now and look back on that time as wonderful. I quit that job and wound up, well, sorry to say, well off. Now I'm one of those guys you try to take my money from so you can help the homleless.

Sometimes attitude is everything.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Steal, Live @ parks, break into cars, ect.
2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join