It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Love Peace, Become a "Blue Republican" (Just for a Year)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You're seriously asking this question? Because it is quite naive if you are.

Better believe it.

Exactly who do you think could ask democrats to do something like this that democrats would likely be paying attention to? You think democrats would more likely get the message if it was sent out on Fox News or HuffPo?

I think Democrats are not Republicans and will not be voting for a Republican for the most part anyway. Why do you think they would be?

Seriously ...

Seriously.

How does convincing someone in Obama's pocket to vote for Ron Paul actually split the GOP vote?
I know how it sounds in your head. I just want you to apply some logic and say it out loud.

Why do I always have to ask the same questions 4 or 5 times with some of you here?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

How does convincing someone in Obama's pocket to vote for Ron Paul actually split the GOP vote?

Politics 101 lesson just for you - although you may need the remedial class if you still don't understand.

The way it would work is that a bunch of democrats would cross party lines to vote in the Republican primaries only, and try to help a candidate win the primaries that the democrats know not even all the Republicans would support (let alone independents) in the general election. This would help hand the general election to obama. A sort of clever - even if desperate - tactic if the democrats were able to pull it off.

Why do I always have to ask the same questions 4 or 5 times with some of you here?

Because even when you are basically spoon fed the answers to your questions, you still cannot seem to understand the concepts.

edit on 8/29/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The way it would work is that a bunch of democrats would cross party lines to vote in the Republican primaries only, and try to help a candidate win the primaries that the democrats know not even all the Republicans would support (let alone independents) in the general election. This would help hand the general election to obama. A sort of clever - even if desperate - tactic if the democrats were able to pull it off.

Let the democrats just register and Ron Paul win the primary .. THEN you will see wiping the floor like you never seen before .

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Politics 101 lesson just for you - although you may need the remedial class if you still don't understand.

To be extremely honest, Ron Paul has a better chance than Bachmann or Perry or any of the other losers the GOP is trying to pass off as candidates. Obama will wipe the floor with a Tea Party candidate, because many Republicans think the Tea Party is whacked, haha. Not to mention, stupid. Bachmann never ceases to say dumb things, and Rick Perry has seriously advocated Texas seceding from the union. The Democrats haven't started too much hate against the GOP yet b/c the nomination hasn't been locked up, but Bachmann or Perry would get seriously hammered if they were to win the nomination.

With Ron Paul, however, he is at least sane, so the diehard Republicans will choose him as the 'lesser of two evils' if he were to win the primary. Where many conservatives would simply not vote for Bachmann/Perry or for Obama, Ron Paul would probably be able to get out the vote simply by proving he is sane and not Obama.

So if that is what the Huffington Post is doing (which I doubt) it would probably backfire on them. More likely is that the Huffington Post is fed up with Obama, because guess what - most liberals these days are fed up with him, including me and my extremely liberal father (although he's not ready to vote for Ron Paul yet - I am!!)
edit on 8/29/2011 by spacekc929 because: misspell

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Or could the democrats be trying this tactic to split the conservative vote as a last ditch effort to keep obama from being thrown out? All signs are pointing to obama going down in 2012. So-called "progressives" will do anything to keep this from happening to their "messiah" - including taking it in the shorts one time by voting Republican for what many see as an unlikely to win fringe candidate no matter how much you may agree with Paul's policies.

This is my theory anyway, since we all know a donkey can't change its stripes ...

It's really no surprise. After all a majority of Ron Paul's support come from outside the Republican Party.

It's stuff like this that makes Ron Paul's run more of a joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There is a website called this now..

www.bluerepublican.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join