It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Saturday's Eve Of UFOs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm not one for making threads and I tend to just go-along-to-get-along with the
many threads that appear here. I have my own view on 'what's out there', I'm not
one for beliefs in Galactic Feds and an Alien/Human Government agenda.

That said, we're all entitled to our views and when I give my account of what
occurred... (don't worry, it won't take long!)... on Saturday evening, I know that
many here will indicate other possibilties of what was in the cloud-filled night sky
that night.

One of the reasons I have put this thread up -apart from obviously logging another
possible sighting, is to show how words can make an account 'lean' towards the
writer's belief and I'll wager a fair account may be impossible to give.

Please forgive the way I write, I enjoy creative writing and I believe that a reader
should walk through a story at a steady pace and enjoy that walk.

So as the pancake make-up-daubed Joker says in 'Dark Knight'
"And... here... we... go! "

10.20pm - GMT, Saturday 27th August 2011.
N-East UK.
I was sat in my conservatory during a light rainfall and watching a TV movie called
'Inception' starring Leonardo DiCaprio. The night sky was full of rain clouds and it seemed
the bad weather was set in for the evening.
Then looking South-East of my house, I saw two stationary lights in the night sky... I would
estimate the illuminous objects were roughly the size of a 1/2 inch gap between finger and
thumb -when one's arm is fully outstretched.

Keeping that outstretched and pointing with the index finger, if I put that finger in the centre
of the distance between the lights, I would estimate they were 16 inches apart.
How high...? raise that outstretched arm so the limb comes from the shoulder and your bicep
is beside your eye, that's the best I can do.

Then from the South, another could be seen -as I stepped outside and saw a wider view of
the sky, the rain was just the odd drop now and the street lighting made the low cloud bellies
behind the lights -a dirty yellow.

The lights had now formed a triangle and I know from being a ATS member, a triangle-shape
is a regular shape that's reported these days. The two original lights were in-line on a North-East
direction and the third was... (using the 'arm' technique)... 9 inches from the nearest of the
original lights.

The three lights travelled in a South-East direction and at the same speed -which I estimate
around 30 mph.
There was no solid shape between the lights, the street-lit clouds showed no shape between
the lights.
IF I had re-entered the house then to grab my camera, then my mind would of wanted to convince
me that this triangle shape... the way it lined-up, the 'equal-like' way they lined up and the fact
that the lights moved at one, could only be of an intelligent design.

Then I glanced at the tops of some trees to the South (my right) and saw two more lights floating
towards the 'triangle-three' and guessed at what i was viewing... Sky lanterns!

I raced inside, grabbed my camera (the memory-card was full and I needed my son to dump some
recent holiday pics!)... and then attempted to record the night scene.
I'm not sure yet, how or if -I got anything filmed, the light pollution around here is bad and later,
I couldn't seem to open the damn things on my computer!

Then a sixth and seventh light appeared from the tops of said tree-tops and as I watched another
five showed in no apparent organised order.
That was it... they drifted off in the same direction and roughly, the same speed and at no time,
did I get any strange feelings that they were anything above the norm.
I must admit, I had arrived at my conclusion of what the objects were and before the last light
went out of sight, I went inside to watch the rest of the movie!

My wife was excited... not because I am a Boy In A Dress and not because Leonardo was
outwitting his 'memory-wife' but because she automatically thought that they were strange and exotic.
After all, it was a grey-rainy night and these lights (a flap -she called them) looked like they were waiting
and forming shapes.
Who knows -she commented later, they may have been trying to spell a word or something?!
"Then why flicker their illumination?" I asked and she just shrugged.

I can't guarrantee these lights were Chinese Sky Lanterns, but a level-headed assumption indicates
such.
Thank you.

Now... I gave (roughly) information of size, distance and speed, I also reported how I perceived the
objects, it'll be interesting to see if any thrust and parry of views come here.
what do you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

post by A boy in a dress
I can't guarrantee these lights were Chinese Sky Lanterns, but a level-headed assumption indicates such.

I can't guarantee they were not lanterns due to the lack of any photographic evidence , but I think your level-headed assumption is probably the correct one

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
After i wrote the above account, I went onto this thread -as the concerns of
Hurricane Irene is a concern of mine as I have become friends through ATS
with folk form that environ.
New York's Lights During The Storm...

Notice the comments on Page One... and what I wrote (before viewing that thread) on what
my wife said... interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I can't guarantee they were not lanterns due to the lack of any photographic evidence,
but I think your level-headed assumption is probably the correct one...

I will attempt to get them uploaded, but as many trolls and jokers who visit here, that's
an easy line to toss out to the eager!

Thank you and I think they were just that... lanterns.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. I guess this is what they call close encounter of the first kind. Its too bad the lights didn't move at break neck speeds at any time during your sighting. Then you could rule out lanterns or something floating in the wind. I too have seen lights similar to yours. If planes are facing you a certain way their lights are impossible to see, not saying they were planes. Did you hear any sounds? Mine were higher up and looked smaller more like stars, but they floated and moved and made shapes and then drifted apart. I went inside for camera and when I returned they had disappeared.
Difficult to say what they were.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think your assessment of what you saw is probably correct, sadly though this type of thread, where you make a grand entrance and boldly claim to have witnessed sky lanterns does not really go down well here. As i am sure you have noticed the more grandiose and far fetched your story is the more flags and replies you will most likely receive and the more popular your thread will be.
I think for some the real world out there is rather mundane and so ATS is a place where imaginations can run wild.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Utopian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopian

Cheers, I agree that some of the tales here have an exciting title and after I had
titled mine, I wondered if it wasn't a little too dramatic and indicated a frenzy of
flying craft buzzing around all evening!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Yes... that mundane world where magic is revealed on a TV programme, where Knights
are nomore and the Dragons are dead.

It happened and I though it seems like it was nothing exciting, it should be put up here
to show that sometimes, we don't get carried away with our imagination.
By the way, I enjoyed the movie!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I sat looking through binoculars at 3 stationary lights last night, they have never been their before. They were in a line though not a triangle....though I was in the North East of England too.

Never took a photo, 1 because it was too far away and it would have just been ridiculed as crap evidence lol
edit on 28-8-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

There you go... a possible sighting of these objects from another view!

See? Saturday nights are exciting again!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I'm near the peterlee area, I often see what some would call weird movements/objects in the sky...but I love it, hence me taking the dog for a walk in the stupid hours of the morning lol

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

For myself, I'm in County Durham and this amount of lights is unusual for me.
Once, I was in a motel pool in Belen -New Mexico during a heavy-clouded day
that promised a storm.
Four dull-white spheres appeared really low to the ground following a road into
town and then shot up into the sky. There were the odd break in the big clouds
and I kept an eye on one of these 'things' until it must've been a mile up!

Thanks.
edit on 28-8-2011 by A boy in a dress because: damn keyboard!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Durham city is only about 6miles away from me so I'm intrigued that someone close has seen something too lol

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
yes I thought lanterns @ first
then saw this vid where they make
that nifty triangle formation and hold it

not some thing I've seen lanterns do ...

check your level

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I understand, but there was no 'inner' part to the first three lights, I'm sure of that.
There was a light breeze -although at the hieght the 'throbbing' lights were, they
seemed to move as one, but the other lights came along without any shape that
I could discern.

Never at aanytime, did I feel something strange was going on, the impression of
many silent-moving glowing 'orbs' told me they were Chinese Lanterns.

But I could be mistaken!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the NY UFO thread has the buzz now . so are you saying you saw chinese lanterns or the similar event that happened over NY just before th hurricane hit .

Another person just posted his grandiose theory of it being weird , the whole thing with all the normally heartless mayors begging people to get out Why ? he wondered . and also links to the NY strange crafts so speculated where we under alien invasion.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
the NY UFO thread has the buzz now . so are you saying you saw chinese lanterns or the similar event that happened over NY just before th hurricane hit .

Another person just posted his grandiose theory of it being weird , the whole thing with all the normally heartless mayors begging people to get out Why ? he wondered . and also links to the NY strange crafts so speculated where we under alien invasion.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes! I had no idea that New York was inundated with floating Lanterns during their storm problems.
I can only assume that somebody attempted to 'join-in' and set some of these things off here in the
UK.

Thanks.

top topics

join