It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings - Or Am I just going Crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ok the last few days have been rather strange and I only wish I had a camera with me at the times occurances have happened. Anyway I live in the South East of England about 30 Miles north of London. Just 4 nights ago I was sat on my sofa alone watching Bear Grylls on TV and had the Window open in the room as it was quite warm but very dark outside. I then hear what was like an aircraft engine but one that was in distress maybe failing or on fire and it was making a strange rumbling noise. Being a former serviceman in the Air Force I am quite tuned to knowing what all sorts of engines sound like on aircraft and this certainly wasn't one that was operating normally and it was quite rythmic. So fearing the worst that an Aircraft was coming down near by I went outside to investigate, it was a clear night and there was nothing in the sky to be seen although the noise was quite prominant. I think nothing of this at the time and just put it down to something happening near by as the noise shortly faded out, it lasted about 2 minutes in total and the noise was mesmorising.

Anyway just last night driving home from work north through Buckinghamshire on my way home, I spot something in the sky. First of all let me set the scene the Sky had very clear blue skies in places but also had patches of cloud everywhere. I was driving down the main road and a Metallic Spot that was either very small or very high up in the sky cought my eye and it appeared to not be moving. It had a bright white/silver reflection off the Sun. I keep eyes on it for as long as I can as there was no cars in front of me and then it disappears behind some trees, due to the route I was driving. Upon the same spot in the sky coming back into view I then could not see it. This intrigues me so all the way home I am scanning the sky hoping to see it again. A couple of miles down the road I spot the same object but this time it is underneath some clouds, I watch it and it just appeared to fade straight into the clouds within a couple of seconds of me seeing it, almost like an invisability cloak went over it because again it wasn't moving.

I get home and am very tired, about 10 pm I go to bed and the bedroom window is open, whilst trying to fall asleep I start to hear what sounds a little like snoring but it appeared to be coming from outside. It was a low rumbling noise that never changed its rhythem. It would low rumble for 2 seconds then 2 second gap and repeat, too symetrical to be natural but I convinced myself at the time that it must be snoring, so I investigate. Nobody in my house is snoring, so I then think it must be the neighbours so put my ear to the wall as we live in terraced houses, nope the noise didn't come from next door. I then pop my ear out of the window and it sounds like it is coming from the sky.

Anyway I have nobody with me to witness these occurances and no video evidence. I have been under alot of stress recently and maybe could decide to put this down to my mind making it up. However it felt so real, is something going on, have the visitors I seen in the sky noticed I have noticed the sounds, are they trying to tell us something or warn us of something? Or are they just performing experiments with us?

I'd really love to know if anybody else in this area have witnessed the same or similar occurances to set my mind at ease. Or any opinions on what could be happening?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If you ever wondered what Lucifer looks like well just wait a little longer. The world is about to see.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

post by JesusLives
If you ever wondered what Lucifer looks like well just wait a little longer. The world is about to see.

Go on ...give us a clue .
This whole Aliens are demons trend on this board is really starting to get boring

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i live in the highlands of scotland in a remote area ive got a+ hearing and have noticed strange movements as well at night .some you might put down to army training etc but its unusual to hear helicopters etc at 2/ 3 am . especially up hear in pitch black quiet often never on a full moon . ive worked in DEEP UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASES when i was a apprentice dumbs their called youd be suprised whats hidden away .ive heard but not seen engine noises that belong to no aeroplane we know about try looking up VRIL OR HANNIBU

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

It is good to know that it is not just me hearing these things. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am in NW England and I think I may have saw what you are talking about?
It was a few weeks ago now, about 9.30 - 10.00 pm, I had nipped to the shop and it was turning from day to night, however the sky was quite bright for the time. Like electric blue? Anyway, as I got back into my car (let's say I am facing East) I saw something bright in the sky, quite low. It was as though there was something metallic and the sun was shining on it...mirror like and too bright to look at....only there was no Sun and nothing to cause any reflection. As I drove home, only a few minutes away..although I did not look directly at it (couldn't as it was too bright to look at), I 'knew' it was there.
On getting home (now I'm facing North) I saw it again, still were it was positioned a few minutes earlier....from a different angle but still the same intensity? By the time I got in and through the back it had gone.
Now, I would usually have my phone on me, but just nipping to the shop I didn't see it necessary. If I did I could have took a picture!
I also live about 20 miles from an airport and that was the same for my last residence, so I am familiar with normal air traffic. Only here it is different.
I have relocated, just over a year ago and I can honestly say that here, the sky is busier. I have saw quite a few things as have my family. I have had an unexplainable situation. Now, I can't prove what I have seen....I have even questioned myself on why I did not grab a camera when at all times, it is to hand. I don't know if I actually need proof, I do know that in the past year....this sort of thing has become my reality!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I hope that Lucifer doesn't look like Liquid Snake's inspiration like I've seen in some youtube videos.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Also, I see your point but the often-reported way the "alien" thing happens, and many secular researchers have come to it, Vallee, etc, is that they aren't alien per se but an extradimensional phenomenon throughout much of recorded history. Also, I hope I don't get the 'pics or it didn't happen' thing but I went on in another thread about some experiences I had with "Greys" that didn't fit the normal paradigm of alien abduction.

Take in mind please that I'm a healthy skeptic, and have been trying to debunk my own experiences as products of my own mind for quite a while.

Still really can't, in some cases. So, some people might just come to the conclusion, based on their beliefs, that since it's "extradimensional" they're going to go all Event Horizon (the movie) on us and conclude that the other dimension has to be Hell or infernal in nature. Even David Icke is guilty of this in a way.

Of course, then again, their tech could just seem that way to us even if they do exist. Either way, the trend isn't stopping anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Should've done this in my previous posts, but now it's time I actually reply to the OP.

I've seen things like this in both California and Texas. Nothing while I lived in Mississippi, but I also spent the least time there.

In short, I've no clue. It goes beyond my reasoning. Holograms? Doubt it but hey. Atmospheric phenomenon?
No clue. Did you see the thread about the so-called plasma-bubble in China? I'll have to look it up later to link it.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by endgame211

No I didn't see that thread. Further to my descriptions about the object is that it was very obvious, it was almost like a metallic ball just static in the Sky. I had no reference to decide how big or how high it was which is a shame.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Hey Michael,

my brother and his family flew back into Stansted on Weds 28/7 (4 days ago also), and him and his partner both saw objects in the sky - two different objects each. Here's the email he sent me the next day:

"Flying back yesterday over Essex / eastern periphery of London. we were in a descent as flying in to Stanstead and naturally looking out the windows, to our left at the ground below.
I saw what looked liked a cigar shaped object moving West toward London just below, or perhaps within, the (low) cloud cover, which was patchy. Almost looked liked and aircraft fuselage, but obviously with no wings.
A couple of minutes later I saw another object, same height off the ground, but an elliptical shape (almost like a disc travelling leaving a trail), possibly translucent and reminded me of the clip of the 'UFO' going down a river on breakfast TV a short while ago. I tried to dismiss them as possible light aircraft and said nothing to Nicky.

When we left the plane, Nicky asked me if I saw the strange white 'papery' things in the sky at low level as we went past London! She saw two of them, about 5 - 6 mins apart, rising from the ground upward at some speed and at first she actually thought it was a piece of paper as didn't know what else it could be!"

Sounds a bit like to the same thing you saw, what do you think? You mentioned you're 30 miles North of London, can I ask where?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The object was seen just south of Aylesbury, the noises were heard just south of Milton Keynes.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

My wife & I a few years ago had an experience or rather a sighting while sitting on the porch about 10 PM one night when we heard this low rumbling noise over head . When we looked up there was a dark triangle shaped craft moving very slowly directly over our home & very low , not far above the mountains , it had the three brightly lite florescent type white at the corners on the bottoms & a single small red flashing one in the center also on the bottom . It was too dark to see if there where any military markings on it but that is the feeling I got myself .

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
People in this area...keep your cameras with you and get some pics....I would love to see some pictures.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
these are strange times, we live in...and things are only going to get stranger....let's keep our eyes to the skies

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by JesusLives

This whole Aliens are demons trend on this board is really starting to get boring

Yes, it certainly is getting not only boring, but it sounds like trolling. It would be nice if these Brainwashed Christians would just educate themselves on the origins of their book and their religion. They will get a wake up call one day, wait and see. Meanwhile, the word "Lucifer" is a Latin word, is it not? And who came up with the Latin language anyway?
(Hint) The Holy Roman Church!
Let us use the Latin language here, so there is no mistake.
Notice that there is nothing like the word Lucifer in the Hebrew.
In the Greek translation known as the Septuagint, heilel is rendered eosphorus. So even in the Greek, there’s nothing like the word.
How then did Lucifer get into the Bible? The word is actually Latin. It comes from the words lux (light/fire) and ferre (to bear/to bring) and when put together means bearer of light or bringer of fire. Lucifer is also one the Latin names for the morning star, Venus. As it turns out, so is the Greek word Eosphorus. Curiously, Jesus is also known as "the morning star." Time for some education, Christian:

(Bold Text Mine)

First off, we’ll look at why Lucifer and Jesus are one and the same. Now, we’re not talking about Satan; in the Old Testament he was a) irrelevant and b) several different characters; a sort of unfulfilled idea in the authors’ minds.
In the New Testament he takes on a whole new identity, sort of like a minor TV series character who gets reinvented for the movie version. In the NT he’s Ahriman, he’s Iblis, he’s Der Teufel, and in Revelation we meet him in all his psychedelic technicolor glory – we’re not interested in him in this article; he has his job to do but as he’s not the same character as Lucifer, he’s irrelevant.
Lucifer, on the other hand, is what we’re looking at. He makes his first (and only) appearance in the Old Testament in Isaiah 14:12: How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! (KJV)

But that’s not really Lucifer – that’s where the Hebrew heilel ben Shachar is used to describe King Nebuchadnezzar, basically by calling him a peacock. It is only when this verse was translated into the Latin: quomodo cecidisti de caelo lucifer qui mane oriebaris corruisti in terram qui vulnerabas gentes (from the Vulgate c.400CE) does ‘O shining one, son of the dawn!’ become the Latin term ‘Lucifer’.
So who – or what – exactly is Lucifer, and how can it possibly be the same as Jesus? In strictly scriptural terms, Jesus answers that question himself in 2 Peter 1:19: et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestries
However, the English King James Version omitted that little tidbit, making it instead:
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.
The day star, the morning star – referred to in the Latin by both ‘lucifer’ and ‘stella matutina’, as seen in Revelation 2:27-28 sicut et ego accepi a Patre meo et dabo illi stellam matutinam
source

Jesus Christ IS the TRUE lucifer (morning star, light bringer)

The Morning Star: Jesus or "Lucifer"?

See what happens when one researches things? One learns things that one did not know before!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are you saying he flies in a ufo and is about to land? Not making fun of you.
That whole rendelshire incident took place over there right????? in the forest?? I can't even remember how
the name is spelled, sorry.
Over here in the states NW Florida area to be exact I have caught glimples of things..gray balloon looking
thing thru some binoculars several years ago and even a bright flash off something silver in the sky then
it quickly vanished so I don't know if it was a balloon like they use for advertising or not. Around here you
may see some regular helium filled balloons tied down in front of a place that is having a special sale or something.
I would not be surprised to see anything these days and if indeed it's the end times I would watch what I
accepted as truth from any government or business or individual far as ufos and aliens and enlightened
teachers go.
Who here would NOT resent being told what to believe and what to do and say by someone who just
happens to come cruising our way in their spaceship? I would resent it. We have enough problems and
yes we are humans and special as such and I don't need implants or chips etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by JesusLives

Some of those comments come from people who are way too religious and anything outside of their believes is abslolute demonic.

I love comments like that, tells me how narrow minded or brainwashed some people are!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I'm Christian, but I'm certainly not stupid (though some of you would argue on that), and it should be something like Helel ben-Shakar, not necessarily pronounced that way.

Shining One, Son of the Dawn. An allusion to the nachash, I believe, in Genesis.

Could be interpreted as a serpent or as an adjective, almost as in "shining brass" when coupled with the prefix article.

"Shining One."

Anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives

OH....PLEASE! LUCIFER? Their is only people who have made a small transition from their genetically tied anamalistic instincts and reflexive self preservationistic attitude.......and those who have not....or not to the same extent.

GOOD AND EVIL? It's all GREY! There is no BLACK AND WHITE!

A person professing to be a Soldier of GOD....walks into a Planned Parenthood Clinic and shoots a nurse and a Doctor to death......A Woman in the same clinic....aborts a Fetus......which one is EVIL? The scared young girl who was raped? Or the Psychotic Soldier of GOD.....who spouts scripture....such as turn the other cheek....then starts shooting?

If their is ONE CONSTANT OF EVIL.....it is RELIGION....and the fanatics that follow it. Split Infinity

ps...by the way...the various races of E.T. could care less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join