It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Cthulhu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there was a video game released called Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Was released on PC and I think XBOX. I found a copy yesterday and started paying it last night. Had to save and stop cause it's pretty scary.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

i've been thinking of trying to find a copy of it. its one of the games that are backwards compatible with the 360. it got pretty decent reviews.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

The movie Cthulhu was sooooo bad..I didn't know about the strange happenings on the movie set,but it wouldn't surprise me if Cthulhu himself manifested just to stop them.If we can't stop them from making these movies maybe he can.

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

i've been thinking of trying to find a copy of it. its one of the games that are backwards compatible with the 360. it got pretty decent reviews.

You MUST play it.It's the first time in my life i got so scared.The creators of the game captured the atmosphere and Lovecraft's vision so perfectly,that H.P would be proud of them.
I remember when i played it i was shaking for days.During the game my heart was beating so fast i thought it would explode.
It's the best game i ever played.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I've never read any of these, but seeing all your high praise made me grab the 3 omnibus editions off amazon for 17 quid. So thanks, I've got some troubling night shifts looming. :-)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attrei
Ia Ia Dagon. Ia Ia Shubniggurath..

Erm.. sorry forgot for a moment. not suppose to summon them. That is bad for the world. I must say Dunwich Horror was my personal favorite.

I have a collection of Cthulhu stuffed plushies. I have the Gothulu, the ChibiGoththulu, Santathulu and also the game Munchkinthulu. I own the RPG by chaosium of Call of Cthulhu.. I guess you could say I am a bit of a Lovecraftian addict. I have read everything I can put my hands on by him. Even the current horror authors often give credit to Lovecraft for being an inspiration to them.

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftagn! Shub Niggurath the goat with a thousand young!

I honestly believe H.P. would be rolling in his grave if he saw people were making money off of selling "stuffed plushies" of his un-namable elder gods. No offense.

Anyways, the thing I loved most about HPL's stories is that they were so intelligent, and at the same time intimate, as if you were reading the diary or journal of someone who actually lived through these tales.

Who knows, maybe he did....after all he did base many of his "gods" after real life cults and myths from exotic places

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I agree, I have yet to see any cinematic adaptation of HPL that hasn't made me extremely disappointed.

I do recommend the film "In The Mouth Of Madness." Although some what cheesy by todays standards, and not exactly an exact adaptation of any single story, its the only movie I've seen that I'd consider a decent tribute to Lovecraft

I have never heard of this game you speak of, unfortunately I don't own an xbox but who knows? In stranger aeons even death may die.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I'm glad we were able to open the gate for your transition into our world.

IA, IA, ARISE!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

"in the mouth of madness" was the best Lovvecraft-Cthulhu mythos movie ever made.Maybe the fact that it's based on the entire mythology and not just one story,is what made it so good.I have hard time too think of a good movie,too."Necronomicon" was ok,but low badget and a giant one eye octapus was playing Cthulhu

www.imdb.com...

The game was released and for PC.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When i see elenin topics, I supplant elenin with yuggoth and then I imagine mi-go invading Earth in a horrible wave, tearing the masses to pieces while taking all the intelligent people home to have thier brains encased in silver cylinders...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wasn't the movie "The Thing" sort of based on "The Mountains of Madness"? At least I remember hearing that somewhere. My favorite movie on the subject is actually the documentary I posted.

A lot of the creatures in the first Hellboy movie seem to be inspired by the mythos. I think Del Toro says as much in that documentary. I'm disappointed that he won't be doing a movie. Of course it'd be rated R. It'd almost have to be. A PG13 wouldn't do it justice.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

I don't understand, sorry!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there was a video game released called Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Was released on PC and I think XBOX. I found a copy yesterday and started paying it last night. Had to save and stop cause it's pretty scary.

HAHA that game is sooo frustrating..
Good luck with that. I really DID find my sanity tested playing that years ago.

You guys should check out the film Necronomicon.www.imdb.com...
I watched it years ago when it first came out. Desperate to get a copy but considering it's age its damn pricey at about £18, but I would love it in my horror collection.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The streets of innsmouth are busy with the slapping sounds of scaled and webbed feet. For the first time in over 100 years lights burn in the husks of the derlict houses. The bell of dagon has chimed in the temple, and the seas vomit forth the pure breed of deep ones not seen on dry land in some time. they speak of doom. and not there own. they prepare for the slaughter and are eager for the blood of the land mammal. nothing will grow here save the growing red tide that will be fed with the blood of the human race. doom is comming to you all.

IA to the wisdom of Dagon!

IA to the might of Cthulhu!

IA to the watchfull eye of Yog Sothoth

May they devour my soul like the swift strike of the reaper on the harvest.

see you in whatever hell they throw us unto

xoxox

cthulag

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It has been said if you dance with the devil the devil changes you, you do not change the devil...

That being said I would like you to know that this is an actual satanic ritual it is more then the many stories it has spawned. So careful what you go digging into, because this stuff will make your life a dark miserable sad story...

I doubt that any on here are actually evil enough to enjoy the changes and effects that would follow... Just keep the doors closed all I will say...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
dont fret my friend i know what lovecraft wrote about. when your born on strange soil you tend to be caught up in strange things. you say life will become sour as a reaction? i dont care

again

IA to the olde ones who were and shall be again!

and as for the gates i leave them wide open with the sign on the threshold that say "all you can eat soul buffet"

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
From the Uncyclopedia article on The Great Lord himself, made me laugh so much I cried;

Genius.

Yes, really

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

HAHA I forgot those pics!! If I recall my avatar is on there somewhere. Or did it follow me back from Kadath, I can't recall the gugs messed with my brain a bit.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

gugs are a tricky bunch.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i've been reading more of the stories, but which actually feature cthulhu? obviously call of cthulhu, which was my favorite of the ones i've read, but what others?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Cthulhu is mentioned in many, but not centered on Cthulhu directly. Same goes with Yog Sothoth and Shub Niggurath. The wonderful thing about HPL is that most of the Old One and Eldrich Gods are all connected in some way. Check out "The Mound" one of my favs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join