It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Hicks - Austrailian Terrorist captured, convicted and taking his case to the UN.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There was an interesting article in a magazine I read a couple of years back where an interview of Mamdouh Habib was done regarding his imprisonment on charges of Terrorism. It seems many of his accounts also differ from the Official US Government version of events. Given its sketchy track record, I am not so inclined to believe the US Government about the whole Hicks ordeal either.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I'm an Australian person and I cared deeply about the way Mr Hicks was being treated, don't get it twisted, I'm far angrier at the US Government than David Hicks hahaha.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by meathed

Once you understand WHO Al-Qaida is, you understand that if Hicks is being put away then so should half the CIA.

I do understand whom Al-Qaida is thanks, and i do agree with you, however this is about David Hicks and the crimes he committed and what he is and was charged for.
And that was for Terrorism,,,,,, if you dont understand.
And if you think that half of the CIA need to be charged or face charges for there crimes then you must understand why hicks was charged and why he shouldn't be allowed to have his say at the UN, and if you dont understand, well then you are a hypocryte.
edit on 29-8-2011 by meathed because: HYPOCRYTES

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

want to talk torture?

the people that back this hicks and spout out about it, is torture!

no one has anything on gitmo, that's why it's there, lol!!!

oooooooooo.

make it all up! no OJ media trial in the US for you, scuzbag.

rot in cuba. wear a uniform for some entity and get the POW status.

the "i was just delivering some humus" is getting old! lol!

the un is as idiotic as they are. give him back to australia.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname

Originally posted by meathed
I have never liked David Hicks for his actions nore believed his story.
The north alliance should have put a bullet in him when they had a chance. It would have saved some money and a few arguements.
I beleive he should at least be locked up forever for the terrorist that he is.
And he should never be allowed to speak at the UN.
edit on 28-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

Why do you claim he is a terrorist? Did he kill innocent civilians?

Ummmmmmmmmm, helloooooooooooooo,
You dont need to kill someone to be a terrorist, all you need is to have the intent to kill someone. eg Atempted murder.
(facepalms ones self)

Did he help do that ?

There is no physical evidence except the fact he was caught with a gun in his hand and all the other facts against him.

I dont see any evidence or suggestions even by his prosecutors to that end.

No you wouldn't, as they are covered by the same BS rule's and laws concerning protecting the guilty.

He joined an army whose cause he believed in.

Many believe in Hitlers cause and even the KKK. So does that make them right??? NO it doesnt
So your arguement and statement is laughable and hypocryical to say the least.

The taliban are natives to the afganistan territory, americans are not. US army invaded and occupied their country so they have every legitimate right to wage a war to defend it, under every conceivable national or international law.
AGREED, but was war Actually declared, as the evidence shown by Xcathdra shows that hicks was wanting to wage war against western countries way before the set up that is Sept,11.
And if some idiot gets caught fighting for the lossing side and then gets punished for it then its his own fault.

This man is a prisoner of war, nothing more or less.

This man is a terrorist, nothing more nothing less. ( See how easy that was????)

I dont suppose you believe all prisoners of war should be executed, do you? That would say alot about you

No i dont believe that all prisoners should be executed. I think all life is special, precious and as important as the next.
But people like hicks place no value on life as their fake god is more important.
So anyone that is willing to kill for an imaginary god as hicks was, well then he deserved what he got.

Your calls for murder of this man are dusgusting imho.

And those that defend murderist terrorist such as hicks are disgusting too IMHO

edit on 29-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
And to all those that are saying he Hicks has done his time are hypocrytes.

Asking a terrorist to change his way is like asking a paedophile priest to change their ways.
It wont happen.

edit on 29-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I suppose your 'gut feeling' is telling you this also?

You truly have swallowed the BS hook, line and sinker haven't you? I almost feel sorry for you..............

........almost.
edit on 29/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

There is no physical evidence except the fact he was caught with a gun in his hand and all the other facts against him.

really??
The charge sheet only says he was seen on the battlefield for around two hours, on or about the 9th November..

Sounds like very sketchy BS to me..
Hell, they ain't even sure of the date so how the hell would they know if it was him or if he was armed??

Kangaroo court..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Because he was captured by the Northern Alliance while engaged in combat operations.

But by all emans continue the silly argument of he did nothing wrong and knaergoo court crap. The Northern Alliance should have ended his existance.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by backinblack

Because he was captured by the Northern Alliance while engaged in combat operations.

But by all emans continue the silly argument of he did nothing wrong and knaergoo court crap. The Northern Alliance should have ended his existance.

I heard he was in the back of a truck unarmed when captured..

But I'm sure you have pictures and everything to back up all your facts..

Oh wait, you ain't got any facts..
You have no idea of his exact movements were on or after the 26th October when the Patriot act was signed..

BTW, all the Norther Alliance cared about was the $1000..
They would have handed over Bambi for that much money..

8 pages of epic fail, still ZERO facts from you..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
David Hicks betrayed every true blue Australian, he betrayed his own nation......

that, in my books, deserves a bullet in the head

David Hicks is lucky to be alive and it would be in his best interests to keep his mouth shut if he at all expects any Australians to leave him alone.

As for Habib, I would like nothing more than to see him and his whole family deported from Australia back to his sand dunes, camels and tents. We all know he used defrauded Centerlink to finance his way in to the arms of his belovered terrorist contacts.

Believe me, the Americans got the truth out of both Hicks and Habib!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just a heads up to those interested.
ABC is screening an interview with David Hicks tonight on ABC.

30th Aug. 8.30 pm: ABC DAVID HICKS: AUSTRALIAN STORY SPECIAL

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Nice picture.. Its a good example of what Iraqis are doing to each other, since that is where the photo came from.

Should I post pictures from 9/11 of charred bodies in the Pentagon? The wtc?

Thats a GI on top of him, you blind or too stupid to admit it? Bodies in the pentagon? Thats getting interesting, enlight us please, bodies there?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Shirak

As I stated before, and will again, Al Queida and Taliban members have been trained on how to file complaints within the US legal system. It includes claims of torture, sexual assault / abuse, religious persecution etc etc etc.

Pretty much the EXACT same complaints Mr. Hicks filed.

As I said before, I wonder what reason captured terrorists would hve to lie aboutn their treatment?

Man of course they are, did you not know that al-quaeda was-is a CIA operative team? They know your legal system because YOU teached them.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by posthuman

want to talk torture?

the people that back this hicks and spout out about it, is torture!

no one has anything on gitmo, that's why it's there, lol!!!

oooooooooo.

make it all up! no OJ media trial in the US for you, scuzbag.

rot in cuba. wear a uniform for some entity and get the POW status.

the "i was just delivering some humus" is getting old! lol!

the un is as idiotic as they are. give him back to australia.

Talk about ignorance.Hes already a free man for what I can get from the posts here...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink

Nice picture.. Its a good example of what Iraqis are doing to each other, since that is where the photo came from.

Should I post pictures from 9/11 of charred bodies in the Pentagon? The wtc?

Thats a GI on top of him, you blind or too stupid to admit it? Bodies in the pentagon? Thats getting interesting, enlight us please, bodies there?

Stupid - no

I misidentified the picture and thought it was from another series of photos that dealt with Iraqi military persoannel.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Terribly convenient.

I think you simply have blinders on and block out that which does not fit with what you have been told or what you believe.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Wow, haven't you completely missed the point.

David Hicks is already a free man, this thread is about him wanting to talk to the UN about him being tortured into confession (and therefore release) at Gitmo.

Try reading threads before you comment in them mate.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Xcathdra

Terribly convenient.

I think you simply have blinders on and block out that which does not fit with what you have been told or what you believe.

Care to be a bit more speciic with the terribly convient comment?

and blinders.....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I misidentified the picture and thought it was from another series of photos that dealt with Iraqi military persoannel.

As I said, terribly convenient.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join