David Hicks - Austrailian Terrorist captured, convicted and taking his case to the UN.

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by meathed
 


Ahh, you're one of those blokes who has 'gut feelings' and therefore that means you MUST be right.

Gotya.
edit on 28/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)


Well is obvious that you ARE RIGHT and you know he is innocent as you meet him once for a couple of minutes while he was talking to someone else at a party.
edit on 28-8-2011 by meathed because: A drunken david hicks at a party told me to.





posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties
 


I don't expect to hear the whole story from David Hicks, he will be limited in what he can and can't say. I can only imagine what he must had gone through in Gitmo Bay and it was'nt conventional by any means.

No doubts ASIO continues to monitor him.

What I'd like David Hicks to do from here on in is live his life in mainstream society like everyone else, never look back, and move forward as he is doing. He did his time, now I thnk we should leave him alone.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties
 


Delivering the mail for a terrorist group doesn't make you innocent, he knew who and what he was involved in.

If you ask me, he got off quite lightly, most suspected terrorists wear a spray from a semi-auto shotgun from a door kicker.

edit on 28/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Well is obvious that you ARE RIGHT and you know he is innocent as you meet him once for a couple of minutes while he was talking to someone else at a party.


Likewise, it is obvious YOU are right based on your 'gut feeling'.

Tell me, have you thought about hiring your gut out to the police to use instead of lie detectors? You could be filthy rich by now



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5
 


Actually he could tell the entire story since he cant be charged for the same crime twice, unless Austrailia has the ability.

To those who are saying the US Government s lieing a question -

What were the circumstances around his capture? If he was innocent, then did he jsut happen to stumble into a combat zone and decide to look around?

Also @ the comment on material support - Even delivering their mail would be providing material support to a known terrorist group. So that defense, if you were making one, doesnt hold water. If I misunderstood what you were implying then my bad and please clarify.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


The mail thing was an example, not the actual reason.

But fine, OK, he's a bad bad man who deserves to be crucified because the media says so - oh and meatheds 'gut feeling'.

Never mind confession under duress at Gitmo - he should just drink some concrete and harden up eh?



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Back to the mail thing - so based on that reasoning should the Post Office be responsible for the illegal materials posted using it's service? Should the mailman be jailed for delivering illegal material to somebody, even unwittingly and unknowingly?
edit on 28/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties
 


Like I said, he got off light in comparison but he's also paid his dues, so I have no problem to let him be.


And if he wants to pursue legal action due to Gitmo, then good on him, the place would have been hell.






edit on 28/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by meathed

Well is obvious that you ARE RIGHT and you know he is innocent as you meet him once for a couple of minutes while he was talking to someone else at a party.


Likewise, it is obvious YOU are right based on your 'gut feeling'.

Tell me, have you thought about hiring your gut out to the police to use instead of lie detectors? You could be filthy rich by now


My BS metre went off the scale when i heard his story.
So call it a gut feeling or a BS metre or just knowing when someones lying to you, is still BS, and he in my opinion is full of it.
So laugh all you want he whom has onced evesdropped on a conversation that hicks was having.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed
 


What about a BS meter ATTACHED to your gut? LMFAO.

Millions you're missing out on, MILLIONS I tells ya



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
And if he wants to pursue legal action due to Gitmo, then good on him, the place would have been hell.


And I fully support him in this act.

Perhaps, just perhaps, this might blow the whole thing wide open.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Back to the mail thing - so based on that reasoning should the Post Office be responsible for the illegal materials posted using it's service? Should the mailman be jailed for delivering illegal material to somebody, even unwittingly and unknowingly?
edit on 28/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)


What part of knowingly is not being understood?

The criteria is the person has to know the group is affiliated with terror, and Al Queida is a terrorist group.

Based on that any action he takes in relation to Al Queida is providing material support.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Kryties
 


Like I said, he got off light in comparison but he's also paid his dues, so I have no problem to let him be.


And if he wants to pursue legal action due to Gitmo, then good on him, the place would have been hell.


I always find it interesting when people speak out about Gitmo yet remain completely quiet on Iranian Prisons, or North Korean prisons, or dictators who kill their people for fun.








edit on 28-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


The very fact he was subjected to cruel and unusual punishment in Gitmo brings the entire thing into question. If he wants to take those gripes to the UN then good on him - hopefully the world will get to hear more about the atrocities committed there - all in the name of 'fighting tewwowism'.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


The very fact he was subjected to cruel and unusual punishment in Gitmo brings the entire thing into question. If he wants to take those gripes to the UN then good on him - hopefully the world will get to hear more about the atrocities committed there - all in the name of 'fighting tewwowism'.


he can take it where ever he wants, however at the end of the day the UN cant direct a US citizen to the bathroom, let alone tell them how to run their judicial system.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Nothing was ever Kosher about the US invasion and nothing is Kosher as to the reasons why we are still there.

David Hicks, no doubts, knows things we are not prevy to. Who are you or I to demand he tell his whole story? David Hicks will decide what he chooses to tell us all in his own good time, not yours or mine. What he did go through in Gitmo Bay is beyond anything we can fathom; the Americans have no limitations on what they can do in their torture chambers.

I do not believe David Hicks is a threat to this country. With the assistance of Dick Smith, he has gone on to marry and lead a normal life.

Sometimes some things are best left alone, David Hicks is one of them.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I always find it interesting when people speak out about Gitmo yet remain completely quiet on Iranian Prisons, or North Korean prisons, or dictators who kill their people for fun.


They aren't held up to the high standard that the US demands.

It's amazing to me how people try to use this as a deflection away from their own countries atrocities - time and time again - expecting a different result.....wait...wasn't there a quote from Einstein regarding that and insanity? Hmmm...

edit on 28/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

he can take it where ever he wants, however at the end of the day the UN cant direct a US citizen to the bathroom, let alone tell them how to run their judicial system.


Since when is David Hicks a US citizen?

Methinks you're getting confused here.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


This thread is not about Iranian or North Korean prisons!!!



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5
 


No, it's a classic deflection that some people like to try to use when the heat is on their own country.





top topics
 
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join