It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush - US War President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Does anyone know the story here? Did someone point out that the lens caps were still on, did he figure it out, or did he just pretend to be viewing the NK side of the DMZ?

A self-styled war president who can't even use a pair of the Army's binoculars. This is a great photo.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Bush is such an idiot. lmao All the more reason for him to get re-elected.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Actualy that picture is a hoax. (unfortunatly)

www.snopes.com...

Bush did lift the binoculars with the caps on, but soon noticed the caps were on and removed them. Something pritty much everyone does sometimes.

Don't get me wrong here, if he actualy didn't take the caps of, I would we the first to laugh my ass of about how stuppid he is. But this event was a cam still that didn't reflect the whole picture. The picture being Bush removing the caps about 5 seconds after that still was capped.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yeah the photo is fake, and has been out for quite a long time I believe. Funny though, very funny!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bzap
Yeah the photo is fake, and has been out for quite a long time I believe. Funny though, very funny!

Its not a fake, its just a misrepresentation of facts.

EVERYONE can pick up specs and have the lens caps on. Theres no problem in that.

This picture implies that Bush was watching with the caps on all the time without noticing.

The facts are that he picked up the specs, looked trough them, saw the caps were on and took them of.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Those are new Top Secret model 61a X-ray binoculars no need to remove the caps
J/K

I understand about the pic though thematrix is right

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Its a dumb picture. Lens caps are on, and it does look just like something our president would do.
The fact that you can SEE thru lens caps is something the untrained eye doesnt know by just looking at the picture.

new topics

top topics

join