It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What I Believe

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
We are because of I AM. Consciousness produces awareness of our place in relation to God. We are all in possession of the spirit of God within the vessel of the soul. This soul is the self. The spirit is the shepherd of the soul while it develops. When we finally find union with the spirit in love, we transcend the womb of the material world for the tree of life above. Love is the key. Love God and love others--even enemies (Luke 10).

Exodus 3

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD,[d] the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.

Apart from this "I AM" consciousness, noting we do produces life. We think and we move. No more than this. God does the rest. We merely ride the vehicle of the body in the womb of the earth. Gaining union with God in love allows us to be born again in the next realm (John 3). This is our Exodus from this reality from the bondage in Egypt.



edit on 28-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

We are because of I AM. Consciousness produces awareness of our place in relation to God. We are all in possession of the spirit of God within the vessel of the soul. This soul is the self. The spirit is the shepherd of the soul while it develops. When we finally find union with the spirit in love, we transcend the womb of the material world for the tree of life above. Love is the key. Love God and love others--even enemies (Luke 10).

Exodus 3

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD,[d] the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.

Apart from this "I AM" consciousness, noting we do produces life. We think and we move. No more than this. God does the rest. We merely ride the vehicle of the body in the womb of the earth. Gaining union with God in love allows us to be born again in the next realm (John 3). This is our Exodus from this reality from the bondage in Egypt.



edit on 28-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)


That's one way of looking at it. A way depending on many assumptions, semantics and filters, and a way which is just a small corner of the options in OP.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


But if there is no dualism, how comes the experience of dualism?

The non-dualistic mind experiences non-dualism, the dualistic mind experiences dualism, but if there is both a non-dualistic and a dualistic mind then there is dualism.

Just joining you in your humour, because we both know, that what you try to say never can be said properly. And that the 'answers' usually are funny.



good point, it think its the idea that "I" am on a path, and the path should be "going somewhere". so i keep imagining that i should be going from here to some new direction, but which direction? since i am all options, which option do i choose?
would i want a "flat" I, or a "trial" I.. or a "quadral"? maybe thats what people mean when they say "density"?
is more better? more points of view, more connections? or do we want a raw and basic root understanding, the instinct of the universe?

lol, i hate choice



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


What about love?


what about it? do you have any thoughts?
when i examine it, it starts to fall apart. it is a conglomeration of many feelings and ideas, it is not a simple thing.
neither is hate. they are both as evil as they are good, as hurtful as helpful.

reply to post by ShadowZion
 


i wrote a thread about you.

None of them realize they are alone.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


You wrote:

["good point, it think its the idea that "I" am on a path, and the path should be "going somewhere". so i keep imagining that i should be going from here to some new direction, but which direction? since i am all options, which option do i choose?"]

Doing through non-doing perhaps. (If you are familiar with the specific concept).



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil
 


makes me think of the yoga of renunciation of action, i randomly opened the Bhagavad Gita to it today.

"He who does actions, offering them to Brahman, abandoning attachment, is not tainted by sin.."

however

"Renunciation and Yoga through action both lead to supreme bliss; but, of the two, Yoga through action is superior to renunciation of action"

lol... how? why? i need to read this more thoroughly



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


42.....WTF? why 42?


You know, the ultimate question to the ultimate computer in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." The answer is 42.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am nothing



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
I am nothing


And yet, you are everything......



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


What I Believe is that we are all a part of all of those things-but not the whole. We all have a little part of everything in us, but we are obviously not everything! We are special. We are unique. We are not the universe/god. How could we be everything when we are only a part of it?

I believe that this life doesn't matter, and we forgot that long ago. We forgot how to enjoy it. We let ourselves be brainwashed. We once lived life to the fullest, with the most enjoyment. Now we work for hours a day so we can afford a new gadget. A gadget does not give meaning to your life. Your actions give meaning to who you are. How does buying something on slave wages make you anything other than a tool? Buying a gadget just proves you worked your ass off for something that wont matter in 1 year. Think about it.

I Believe we need to get back to the basics.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


42.....WTF? why 42?


Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

The answer to life is 42.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer
 





I am nothing


In my opinion, the most profound statement in this thread thus far.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by bogomil
 


makes me think of the yoga of renunciation of action, i randomly opened the Bhagavad Gita to it today.

"He who does actions, offering them to Brahman, abandoning attachment, is not tainted by sin.."

however

"Renunciation and Yoga through action both lead to supreme bliss; but, of the two, Yoga through action is superior to renunciation of action"

lol... how? why? i need to read this more thoroughly


This charming little semantic perspective can be carried further than physical action and having existential 'positions' (as thought-abstractions).

It's possible (though not easy) to create 'inner silence'. Renouncing the inner dialogue.

Eventually, after having succeeded, the moment of truth will become an option: How do I renounce my renounciation?

It is, as said earlier a funny way of expressing something, which looks like a semantic construct. But this final choice is a 'real' thingy.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by greyer
 





I am nothing


In my opinion, the most profound statement in this thread thus far.



Hi Mystic, long time, no see.

But as I wrote earlier, who has observed, that "I am nothing" and who wrote it?



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


What's solipsistic is to believe that the universe was designed with homo-sapiens in mind, it's the narcissistic essence of the faith-based mentality.

To believe that we will be rewarded for our actions; this dilutes the concept of morality. Morality should come from within.

Like the Hitchhikers reference OP! So long, and thanks for all the.....lists.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


42.....WTF? why 42?


It's the 'answer to everything' from the book 'The lifters guide to the galaxy'.

It took several generations of self-organizing super-computers and a long time to find it.

It is to existentialism, what pastafarianism is to doctrinal religion and what napkinism is to religious 'logic'.


Awesome answer!

Very well put.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 

I haven't read it. Is it worth my time?
2nd




posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300
 


lol, is anything?

i mean, who but you assigns the value?



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


God?

ROFL, only kidding.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by BohemianBrim
 


God?

ROFL, only kidding.


This 'god' (or at least one of them) is much more confused than even mankind.

Allegedly having created a somewhat malfunctioning cosmos, which he on the same principles as former Sovjet practises (wire, thumptacks and tape) tries to patch together, so it will run some billion years more without dying of premature entropy, 'god' can't possibly spare the time to be instrospective, meditate and whatever is amongst mankind's option for finding out what the bleep REALLY is going on.

He will, last of all, discover reality, and I doubt, he will like it, when it happens. People get set in their habits as they get older.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join