It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's urine test for poor people yields results

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by leelo

drug testing in employment is soley dependant on the job your doing, unless you have an employer who takes it upon themselves for it to be done.

testing the police and military is logical considering the jobs they do, you cannot have somebody who is out of their head working in those jobs. do politicians have to be drug tested? lawyers? chicken farm workers?
not many jobs require a drug test, only the ones where the worker is responsible for other peoples lives, airline pilot therefore would also be logical.

so yes some people get tested due to their job responsiblities, but it is certainly not ALL people who work who must be tested. so there is a difference here, most people in work who get tested are tested due to the work they do, where as the unemployed are tested because there is a common assumption those who are unemployed are drug takers and they must all be assumed guilty untill they can provide a sample.

so for fairness i propose testing all workers in every job and sacking all the drug users, they cannot do their jobs properly if they are high, and then give those jobs to the unemployed who do not take drugs.
edit on 29-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

i'm not getting in to the 'taxes are mandatory' conversation ... you'll have to discover that for yourself. Wesley suffers bad management, at least that's what i surmise.

as for the # in Congress, did you really have to remind me ???

... there sure is a bunch of'em

generally a 'few' is anything over 2 ... thanks, but i really didn't need the reminder.

personally, i'd rather hand $10 to 10 people or however many i can afford ... or give to charity, who give to the truly needy or rescue an animal in need ... i was raised to believe charity begins at home and if that's true, how did we allow the FEDs to become "home"?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Yet another decision to waste tax dollars on ideas instead of facts. What is the government doing about the Bernie Made-off's of wall street or the bank that ripped off the american people??

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

wow your really just came put and said that huh?
(Reaper2137)
" thay are scum, not the people on welfair but on drugs"???

Are you efing kiding me? WHO the heck do
you 'THINK' you are?!

How about you go and work on yourself before you go judgeing every single drug addict? Ok?

~thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Makeshift

If you say drugs are illegal you are sadly mistaken. Under USC Title 18 crimes and criminal procedure states that drugs are only prohibited in departments of corrections.

I also urge you to compare you states code of criminal conduct against the United States Code Title 18 crimes and criminal procedure to find any other loop-holes in supposed crimes. Your lawyers are BARRED giving you this information because they take an oath to uphold the laws of the state before the laws of the government and contitution. Wording is very important in law. The oath is actually more like this. I ... here by promise to uphold the laws of the state, the government and the constitution. Since the laws of the state is listed before the laws of the govenment and constiution he vows to up hold the laws of the state before the laws of the govenment and the laws of of the constitution. This is not my opinion but a matter of fact stated by my Uncle, who is a lawyer. There are many case laws supporting this where in effect the lawyer in question was upholding the laws of the government and the laws of the constiution before the laws of the state. And because of that his license to practice law was revoked etc.... It is very hard to find the court of records of these proceedings unless you work on the inside. There are also numerous case laws where drug crimes have been dismissed in the interest of justice as well as traffic tickets being dismissed in the interest of justice by questioning the states authority of states of most statutes by by legally bringing into evidence listed in the constiution by means of MOTIONS. A very very good example of this would be Charles Sprinkle vs. the state of California which he querstion the states ability to enforce ficticious traffic laws. He also statede that he could not legally pay the courts the fines of which they asked because paper money was deemed illegal under HJR 192 OF jUN 5TH 1933 AND DEMANDED THAT RONALD REGAN and the state of California and numerous judges and attornys pay him a sum of $150,000 payable in Gold or silver. He won the case and proved that state statutes in the matter of traffic traffic violations were operating unlawfully and unconstitutionally by depriving him of the rights the constitution bill of rights and Declaration of independence gave them. He no longer gets pulled over. His vehicle is no longer illegally detained. He does not have to obey a fictional speed limit he does not have to have a license to operate a motor vehicle ...etc Immune to all state statutes blah blah blah you get the picture.

Sorry If jumbled and hard to understand I havfe been up for hours preparing motions to send to the D.A. TO DISMISS MY CASE. a GREAT WAY TO LEARN YOUR RIGHT past my usual bed timeS IS TO LOOK UP MY FRIEND tactikalguy1 on you tube
edit on 29-8-2011 by awoken85 because: added the last paragraph

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberether

I feel the Govt. should make life as difficult as possible for drug addicts, if you want a handout understand you are not going to be doing drugs anymore. They have a right to choose their addiction and not listen to the Govt, but they need to understand that that choice comes with consequences and that consequence is no more welfare. I also dont see how I'm being a naive troll like you suggest, if anything I'm just being honest, stating my opinion and sticking to my guns in this argument. I feel this country has too many people abusing drugs and alcohol, and maybe drug testing like this, on a national level, could be a way to get people to kick these bad addictions and hopefully get back on track.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Good law great idea. This could save millions. The next step is to require community service and various types of labor for receiving any money from the state. That would be a dramatic change I think in the costs, plus maybe we could clean up our streets or plant some trees or start some community food gardens or something.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Good law great idea. This could save millions. The next step is to require community service and various types of labor for receiving any money from the state. That would be a dramatic change I think in the costs, plus maybe we could clean up our streets or plant some trees or start some community food gardens or something.

What are you talking about?

It is not a congressional act thus unlawfull and illegal as dictated in the United States Constitution. I suggest that you read the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of independence, and bill of rights. Nothing can legally be done unless it is a congressional act. The states are trying to decieve you. United States law is part of roman law and a part of roman law states " those that can be deceived will be deceived. Wake up america. Police are declaring an act of war on us and you dont even know it. And congress allows it because they are getting revenue for it. State officals have admitted this. Yet the PEOPLE ARE DOING NOTHING!!!!!!! I do not condone the use of drugs in any way shape or form but they are not illegal as they are not a congressional act. The united states constitution states this. WAKE UP PEOPLE.
edit on 29-8-2011 by awoken85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

community service? why must people see it as a punishment? what about social work experience? you know gain a skill or qualification doing whatever, and being given a choice of which area of work out of what is available on the scheme you wish to go into?

why community service? that is for criminals! the unmeployed are NOT criminals. but i agree with the premise, but please stop seeing the unemployed as scum and criminals who deserve punishment, it does nothing but hamper their chances of finding work.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

i hate people who claim while working, it makes me mad!

ok, clarification is needed here ... many and i do mean MANY ppl who work still qualify to receive benefits legitimately ... why would that make you mad?
If they truly qualify, where's the problem? a minimum wage job w/2 or 3 dependents gets approved regularly.
i'm just trying to understand your correlation between working and collecting.
Yes, some abuse the system or lie or did like a biz owner did and fudge the books ... that happens, i don't deny but a majority of those workers who collect, qualify and must report intimate details of their life and finances to get qualified.

you wanna talk problems (at least in my neighborhood), that would be illegal immigrants qualifying for benefits while the pregnant American is turned away (seen it happen - help available post-birth - but high-risk pregnancy & dr orders for bed-rest wasn't enough for her to get help when it was needed - fear not though, friends stepped up and this was 1995ish)

but i do not think checkpoints should be set up at workplaces to check your belongings and paperwork to see if they can find something that would suggest your claiming benefits aswell as working.

totally agree - 4th amendment and all
however, most who cheat the system, work under the table so there is no paper trail.

let them be caught out the usual way because it would be a waste of money that could be better spent creating jobs.

herein lies the problem ... there is no "usual" way they get caught, that's why we're here, now.
the system is a poor one, its administration is worse, anyone can lie, anyone can fabricate just enough of a story to get 'in' ... and once you are in (especially fraudulently) why bother getting out ??

look, i can tell you emphatically, that many of the 'users of the system' will tell you straight out ... there is no law that says i HAVE to work ... now, how do you combat that attitude?

whether the statement is true or not is irrelevant, the motivation is gone, the creativity is non-existent, the desire to share is gone ... toooo many ppl share because they have to (or so they think), what ever happened to the desire to better oneself ???
this is what welfare, as it is today, destroys ... is no wonder some resort to drug use.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The reason people are on welfare to begin with is because they can't make it. This govonor should be tried and shot for treason for profiting directly at the expense of the Ameican tax payer.

In a day and age when people are barely making it. Pumping endless $50 bills into thier gas tanks. This jerk is the apitamy of whats wrong with this country. You know what it will never end because people are to stupid not to elect these types of politicians.

I hope the economy totaly colapses becuase when America wakes up the riots that happen here will dwarf the ones in Britan and Greece.

Americans have GUNS!
edit on 29-8-2011 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cottonmouth332
reply to post by snarfbot

They have started the ball rolling downhill now .It will not stop at just the people on welfare.This has the beginnings of any and every government hand out so people whom claim children on there tax forms or home deductions get food stamps or school grants will be tested. They always start out with drug users first just to test the waters then go onto people whom are straight.Mark my word,the next testing will be anyone whom gets anything from the government.It is the same, even legal things will be added ,don't think they will stop at drugs.

and if only ppl would notice that ball is a rolling at an awfully speeeeedy pace

and i wonder ... how much of this 'savings' (which i don't believe it is) will be pocketed or returned to the taxpayers ... does anyone believe for one moment that a single dollar of savings will reduce govt spending of any kind??

heck, Scott (and affiliates) pocketed a cool $3 million ... where is your refund?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What you're implying is that drugs should be legal when you're on the dole? That doesn't fly for men in uniform.

Now, I'm not one to cut off people simply because they tested positive. I suggest that, upon a positive test for drugs, they should be given the opportunity to retest at a later date. If they fail, then perhaps a tertiary test should be applied before they're cut off?

Just trying to be as fair as possible...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by leelo

now these are the comments of a well intentioned but well conditioned piece of Federal property ... until you change your mindset, you cannot understand. Military do not have such freedoms, you are THEIR property, period. If you're out, begin your deprogramming soon and you'll be alright.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

God we can only hope. Maybe then people who don't earn their keep will not think that they are above working fast food, etc. A state with no income tax supporting that many bums with welfare is recipe for disaster anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I assume the tests consist of urine, which everyone and his mother can beat.

I vote that we move to draw blood on them. I bet 2% moves to 20% rather quickly then.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoetusJones

What you're implying is that drugs should be legal when you're on the dole? That doesn't fly for men in uniform.

Now, I'm not one to cut off people simply because they tested positive. I suggest that, upon a positive test for drugs, they should be given the opportunity to retest at a later date. If they fail, then perhaps a tertiary test should be applied before they're cut off?

Just trying to be as fair as possible...

Not that I condone drug use, but unde United stated code title 18 crimes and criminal procedure illegal drug use is only define as prohibited as contraband in correctional facilitys. Again I do not condone drug use of any kind. Also I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice just a means of educating the people of there rights given to them mainly under the Declaration of independance. Also since no law can legally operate unless said law is passed by congress in a congressional act and entered into the The United States Code of criminal procedure Under title 18 crimes and criminal procedure it is deemed unlawfull and uncontitutional, thus making all state statutes of public illegal use of drugs are unlawfull and unconstitutional and the enforcement of state local and federal enforcement of said state statutes unconstitutional and unlawful.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

i obviously mean people who claim what they are not entitled to whilst working. i am suprised i need to clarify that part.

there is a paper trail, if you turn up to work with letters or unemployment ID, people would wonder why you need these if you are working and it is for a benefit you are not entitled to, i reckon it would yield the same results as this drug testing does.

also there is a way for drug users to get caught without drug testing the unemployed, they are called the police, and if they simply flagged anyone who was arrested for possesion or drug use who was unemployed to the unemployment centres then they could stop the money that way, without effecting numerous innocent people.
edit on 29-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

in case others haven't said so, thanks for your contributions ...
it is how discussions evolve

while many of us may entirely agree with your sentiment, we also prefer the protections provided in the 4th Amendment in our Constitution which SHOULD make any and all drug testing illegal, plain and simple.

do try to remember, Nature gives us weed / gonja / maryjane / reefer / whatever its called these days

Man/Govt gives us alcohol, coc aine, '___', crack, heroine ... pharmaceuticals, blah, blah, blah

point is ... man/govt gives us tools to kill ourselves and others, not tax dollars or welfare or poverty.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
ARE MY POST MAKING IT TO THE PAGE. IF SO WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE i AM BEING IGNORED

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join