It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's urine test for poor people yields results

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthbell
It may also be that the welfare recipients are all just using entheogens/hallucinogens

Basically free to acquire

Don't show up in a test

There are also the pot smokers that get smoked out by friends because they can't afford it. Again, hardly the scum of the earth... I'm willing to bet 1.5 of that 2% didn't spend welfare money on their drugs.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well good for you. How was the economy back then?

That doesn't mean the stool you built can't be kicked out from underneath you. I dragged my sorry ass off of the reservation and (sometimes literally) clawed my way up to where I could afford a decent life. I figured I was pretty well set up until my knee got thoroughly f'd in a truck rollover. I suppose I'm some sort of scumbag for taking that public assistance while I looked for a job (took about two and a half months) in order to make sure my wives and son didn't starve. Gosh, I'm awful.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
reply to post by jhn7537

Well good for you. How was the economy back then?

That doesn't mean the stool you built can't be kicked out from underneath you. I dragged my sorry ass off of the reservation and (sometimes literally) clawed my way up to where I could afford a decent life. I figured I was pretty well set up until my knee got thoroughly f'd in a truck rollover. I suppose I'm some sort of scumbag for taking that public assistance while I looked for a job (took about two and a half months) in order to make sure my wives and son didn't starve. Gosh, I'm awful.

There are always exceptions, people who legitimately try to work or have suffered some horrible accident. My earlier messages were not directed to people like I just described, but directed to the lazy leaches of america who take advantage of programs like welfare....I dont want to support people like that, if that makes me a bad or evil person then so be it...I work too damn hard for my money and I feel like I should be the one enjoying it, not some lazy person Ive never met....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Urine tests should be completely eliminated. There is no reason to disqualify someone from something (work, welfare, etc) because they choose to consume a substance. Alcohol is a drug, and the most destructive drug imaginable. Take a urine test if you're an alcoholic and you're off the hook.

Take a urine test after you smoked a joint, you're effed.

Yep. America is such a brilliant country

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I work too damn hard for my money and I feel like I should be the one enjoying it, not some lazy person Ive never met

yet, you continue to voluntarily pay taxes (to a few hundred unknown lazy ppl - Congress) without a whimper ...

when will this 'sickness' end?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

I work too damn hard for my money and I feel like I should be the one enjoying it, not some lazy person Ive never met

yet, you continue to voluntarily pay taxes (to a few hundred unknown lazy ppl - Congress) without a whimper ...

Voluntarily??? I'm pretty sure the taxes I pay are pretty much mandatory or i would be going to jail like my good friend Blade (Wesley Snipes)...Congress is more than a few hundred, I believe we have 435 house, 100 senate....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Urine tests should be completely eliminated. There is no reason to disqualify someone from something (work, welfare, etc) because they choose to consume a substance. Alcohol is a drug, and the most destructive drug imaginable. Take a urine test if you're an alcoholic and you're off the hook.

Take a urine test after you smoked a joint, you're effed.

Yep. America is such a brilliant country

I would have to say your pretty much correct. The next substance they will be testing for is nicotine. Due to the increased health risks and decreased production time for a smoke break, it will be justified under reducing healthcare costs and insurance premiums for the employer.

There are already a number of hospitals and medical institutions who will not hire you and you can not work for if your a smoker. So soon smokers will be the scum of the earth just as drug users.

Next up will be alcohol and those whose eat red meat and have high cholesterol

edit on 28-8-2011 by miner49r because: Spelling error - "f" key sticking....again!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So what exactly are these drug connected people going to do now that they no longer have any way to feed themselves?

The purpose of social security, is not only there to support the poor and those who cannot sustain themselves, its also there to make society more secure, hence the name. If you cannot see this, you should think harder. What are these 2% going to do. Just DIE? Or are they going to turn to crime, they already have proved that they are not interest in the letter of the law and are obviously attempting to self medicate. Without their medication, what do you people really think they will do?

Then after the crime rate has increased and your bmw has been stolen or broken into and you have been mugged or carjacked. Maybe the criminal was not a career criminal, maybe he was just some guy who wanted to smoke pot and sit in front of the TV and play his xbox 360, or whatever it is these people do. These are possibly criminals in waiting. I assure you that the money paid to prevent this crime is lower than the money to keep them in prison or the value of lost human life etc etc.

I am not a liberal in anyway, but i understand basic accounting. Probably $8000 to $10,000 a year to pay somebody not to be a criminal (not sure about this, but i do know its not really enough to live on), 40,000$ a year to keep them in prison. Millions of dollars a year to catch them and put them in prison.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
instead of spending money to catch out druggies, why not use that money to actually create some jobs.

i believe people who spend their welfare on drugs should be stopped but only if it is worth it.
it sometimes seems to me, in the u.k. to, that alot of money is wasted trying to satisfy peoples wants, rather than spending money wisely and in a way that would have a positive effect on society and result in an overall improvement nationally.

basiically what people are paying for here is their own satisfaction that a handful of druggies have been caught out, nobody really cares if it was even worth it, as long as they can treat the unemployed like second class citizens and piss and moan about them then they are happy and do not care how much is spent in the process.

spending 50 million will be seen by some as money well spent if it meant making 1,000 unemployed people homeless with no way to eat. apparntly this solves a problem. i am just not sure who it is that has the problem.
the druggies or the unemployment haters.

its about time we all started to think of the bigger picture and how things effect society rather than our own personal pet peeves.

i hate people who claim while working, it makes me mad! but i do not think checkpoints should be set up at workplaces to check your belongings and paperwork to see if they can find something that would suggest your claiming benefits aswell as working. let them be caught out the usual way because it would be a waste of money that could be better spent creating jobs.
edit on 28-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Get out of here with your logic....

This is a great point. Regardless of WHERE your money is going, you're still paying taxes. If you really examined where most of your 'hard-earned' tax money goes you'd probably be worried about more than a few pot heads getting social security.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is repulsive! I would like to see how this would affect the crime rate. If you take away the benefits of those who are already living on the brink, then there would seem to be no other option than to steal to eat. Think of the kids that will suffer even more so now that mom or dad lose their benefits because they smoked a joint at a party a week ago, or whatever. I believe drug tests in general are an invasion of privacy and should not be forced on anyone.
So, now if you fail that drug test at the meager paying job, you lose the job and you can't get any help to feed your family in the meantime. Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm glad they're doing this. Why waste the taxpayers money on crackheads? There's no nice way around this, if you're on welfare and you're on drugs then find another source of income.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggypogo

Drug addicts dont deserve any handouts....It's very very very very very simple, if you want money/work, you MUST STOP doing drugs....

And if you dont stop, you dont deserve to have kids and i hope DCFS takes them away, becasue you are a HORRIBLE parent and are choosing to get high instead of providing for your family.....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think they should do this for the people who are obese also.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snarfbot

They have started the ball rolling downhill now .It will not stop at just the people on welfare.This has the beginnings of any and every government hand out so people whom claim children on there tax forms or home deductions get food stamps or school grants will be tested. They always start out with drug users first just to test the waters then go onto people whom are straight.Mark my word,the next testing will be anyone whom gets anything from the government.It is the same, even legal things will be added ,don't think they will stop at drugs.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

Hope you don't get any kind of help you're next. Do you really think any of this will stop at fat people or drug users.The government will screw us all in the end.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cottonmouth332
reply to post by snarfbot

They have started the ball rolling downhill now .It will not stop at just the people on welfare.This has the beginnings of any and every government hand out so people whom claim children on there tax forms or home deductions get food stamps or school grants will be tested. They always start out with drug users first just to test the waters then go onto people whom are straight.Mark my word,the next testing will be anyone whom gets anything from the government.It is the same, even legal things will be added ,don't think they will stop at drugs.

I agree completely!!

Once they begin to invade your privacy and take away your Civil Rights there is an initial uproar and people only squeak about it. Once it has been accepted and becomes the "norm" ... they move a little further and do it again. I refer to my posts as well the the initial comment contributed by a user on page 9.

Civil Liberties and "Drug testing 1.0"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Most females on welfare don't have to use their checks to buy drugs or alcohol. Some horny man will gladly foot the bill for them.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I agree that the Gov. Of Florida owning part of the drug testing company is fishy and believe that a different drug testing company should be used. However, I am curious as to how many people who oppose the testing of welfare recipients also oppose being drug tested for employment?

I spent six years in the US military. I had to be drug tested to get in. I was subjected to random drug tests throughout those six years. I also worked from 4:30 am and would not get home until at least 5pm. Many times I would end up working six days a week with no overtime pay either as did many of my friends and fellow airman. We would of loved nothing more than to light up a fattie filled with the finest kush, but we couldn't because we were subjected to drug tests even though we worked our rears off everyday.

So, do I feel bad that people on welfare have to be drug tested...NO. I am currently unemployed and a student. I also receive unemployment checks (well for the next couple weeks anyway) and I have no problem being drug tested if that is what I need to do to ensure I have a means to survive.
edit on 29-8-2011 by leelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by ziggypogo

Drug addicts dont deserve any handouts....It's very very very very very simple, if you want money/work, you MUST STOP doing drugs....

And if you dont stop, you dont deserve to have kids and i hope DCFS takes them away, becasue you are a HORRIBLE parent and are choosing to get high instead of providing for your family.....

life is not only black or white stop beeing a naive troll , a lot of people are looking at the result withouth even thinking at the reason. Who is the reason , what are they start thinking this way and you will see the world in a different manner , but i think most of ats reader are looking this way already anyway.
Naivety is only usefull for love not for hate.
edit on 29-8-2011 by cyberether because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join