It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever heard of Lewis Redmond?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Lewis Redmond was a man who actually fought for what he believed in. He was nothing but a moon shiner to some but to many he was a hero. A man that believed that the government had no right to regulate his business and was willing to die for it. A man fighting for his freedom shot and killed a U.S Marshall trying to arrest him for conducting his private business and was pardoned by president Chester Author 3 years after he was arrested for fighting for his believes.

Now in no way am I saying to go out and shoot someone for what you believe but go out and vote, write the politicians already in place, make your voice heard for what you believe in.

I just wanted to pass along a southern storey that I was privileged to hear about.

Link
Link
edit on 28-8-2011 by Campy61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61
Lewis Redmond was a man who actually fought for what he believed in. He was nothing but a moon shiner to some but to many he was a hero. A man that believed that the government had no right to regulate his business and was willing to die for it. A man fighting for his freedom shot and killed a U.S Marshall trying to arrest him for conducting his private business and was pardoned by president Chester Author 3 years after he was arrested for fighting for his believes.

Now in no way am I saying to go out and shoot someone for what you believe but go out and vote, rwrite the politicians already in place, make your voice heard for what you believe in.

I just wanted to pass along a southern storey that I was privileged to hear about.

Link
Link

thanks for sharing,

my great, great grandfather was involved in a similar incident, his name was David Marshall Williams better known as Carbine Williams. He supposedly murdered a cop who raided his still in rural NC, and did time for it. He received a full pardon for his crimes and was released from prison early due to a modification he made on the m1 garand that helped the war effort substantially. there was a hollywood movie made about him called 'carbine williams'

the man
the movie

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Thanks for the input. I will have to look into your family history, I am a hug history buff. Isn't it amazing how people used to fight for what they believe in and now all we do is sit and complain?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I would go out and fight for what I belive in, but there are soooo many great tv shows on that I never get the time, I watch every repeted episode of friends ( just in case there was one I never seen) and god forbid that I miss y sweet 16th, or the only way is essex, or any of the countless tv shows that tell me how happy I am and that if Im outside fighting for my rights then Im missing quality tv

top topics

join