It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Radar Anomalies Near Hurricane Irene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
weatherunderground radar

I know you guys are sick of this topic, I apologize for even bringing it up at all as we're all tired of the coverage this "tropical storm" has gotten.

I checked out the thread about whomever steering Irene, I kind of blew it off after noticing the date of the animated image was from 2005. Probably ignorant of me but I got things to do besides conspiracy research, not always but sometimes.

Does anyone know what these straight lines are below Irene on the radar image?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd302caf563f.gif[/atsimg]

Are they really steering this thing?

EDIT: Anyone remember Hurricane Erin? No? Me either, but it almost nailed NYC head on 10 years ago, on 9-11-2001...

Where were the coastal evacuations then? That storm was bigger than all of New England and had a powerful eye to it. Talk about using the Force to dodge a bullet.... it's like they didn't care about Erin, as if they knew it would do a 180 last minute???
edit on 28-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
FLIR

en.wikipedia.org...

forward looking infrared would be my guess
edit on 28-8-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Looks like radar interference on the Jacksonville radar.

They're a common issue, especially near large storms.

There's a few right now on the NOAA radar loop:

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It looks to me like it could be projected path by radar but im not sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

it does seem to be in the same location on the other radar too between FL and Georgia. It appeared to look like beams pushing Irene up and away from FL on my image.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its a bit odd though when they all sort of boom and go off at the same time on radars!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What if it's cloaked alien spacecrafts that the radar is picking up as interference? What if they are sitting off the East Coast waiting to see what destruction is done and see if we pull together as one to help our brothers and sisters????

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
What if it's cloaked alien spacecrafts that the radar is picking up as interference? What if they are sitting off the East Coast waiting to see what destruction is done and see if we pull together as one to help our brothers and sisters????

I would normally label such talk as absurd, but there are pictures and reports of those long cigar craft, and in this world of cover ups and lies, who knows, you could be right on for all I know.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
inkgeek,

I love your image, I am also a firm lover of lovecraftian writing. Have you ever tried to apply the practical elements of anton lavey's ceremony of nine angels? Just wondering out loud here, sorry it's off topic.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Does anyone know what these straight lines are below Irene on the radar image?

Well they're seen on radar all over the world all the time. As Chadwickus has already explained is caused by interference to the radar. We learn to ignore it.

The alternative is a mysterous straight line of heavy rain.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

i have not. but i do love lovecraft.
and i may just write in Cthulhu in 2012.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
EDIT: Anyone remember Hurricane Erin? No? Me either, but it almost nailed NYC head on 10 years ago, on 9-11-2001...

Where were the coastal evacuations then? That storm was bigger than all of New England and had a powerful eye to it. Talk about using the Force to dodge a bullet.... it's like they didn't care about Erin, as if they knew it would do a 180 last minute???

That's probably correct. Hurricane paths are not entirely random, and can be predicted with a reasonable degree of certainty a few days out. You see that with the path prediction graphics (where each day forward, the predicted path covers a wider area). In the case of Erin, the surrounding pressure systems, ridges and troughs, made it so there was no way there would be landfall in populated areas.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And people laughed at Nikoli Tesla and his energy weapon.

Weather is an electrical activity. As such it can be created, ended, steered.

Water molecules in the atmosphere can only attach themselves to dust to create clouds if the dust has a certain electrical potential. Alter the charge of the dust particle...and you can create or destroy clouds.

Use a satellite with a tether in the Radiation belts and you could discharge a charge from there into the atmosphere to create some monster weather.

The scientists trying to put probes under Tornadoes aren't trying to find windspeed or barometric pressures. They're trying to record the electrical activity creating Tornadoes. Wind is just the byproduct of the electrical activity occurring. Electrical potential between a low front and a high front. If you knew that electrical potential...you could weaponize it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Water molecules in the atmosphere can only attach themselves to dust to create clouds if the dust has a certain electrical potential.

That's not true. Charged particles are more likely to nucleate than neutral particles. But the effect is unrelated to the sign of the charge, and neutral particles will still nucleate. You can't stop nucleation if the dust exists.

Source:

www.ddl-conference.org.uk...

Knowledge of ice nucleation processes is incomplete and there are suggestions that the
presence of charge on the aerosol particles may affect the nucleation process.
Few fair weather atmospheric measurements of the electrical interactions between ions,
aerosol and cloud particles exist to refute or support this (Harrison and Carslaw, 2003).
However, theoretical work shows that charged particles, regardless of the sign of the charge,
are preferentially collected by water drops over neutral particles

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The straight lines seem to be some form or permanent interference emagnating from

If you check ouf the Con US radar loop there seem to be some fixed ones from Jacksonville FL - you can also see them on various Jacksonville weather radar sites - eg here, and the Nexrad home page

I haven't been able to find anything that identifies what they are - but their fixed directions make me think they are probably reflections from nearby structures or somethign like that.

If someone lives nearby, or even in the US - why not ask the NOAA?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You realize what forecasting is, right? That's how they know if they will need to evacuate or not, and also the reason they are sometimes wrong. There has never been anything anomalous about the path of any hurricane, meteorologists would have noticed.

top topics

join