It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dog at the Fallen Soldier's Casket.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
A few minutes ago I made a post in another forum and jokingly stated how did the dog get to the funeral because dogs can't drive obviously.

And well that really got me thinking I am well aware of the companionship between dog and owner. And as often as I watch what my tin hat tells me to believe.

The picture of the dog laying next to the fallen Navy Seal casket. And I know it's a silly question. But how did the dog get get there. Did someone invite the dog to the funeral? Someone brought him along because they new the Seal wouldn't have had it any other way?

As tender and as loyal as that picture is. And trust me I don't want to take anything from it. The content of the picture is a beautiful thing.

Just to let you know I'm not one of those. Connect the dots so that things fall into my theory kind a people.But after thinking about it. It became kind of odd to me.

So I guess what I'm trying to say does anyone find it odd?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think someone brought it, I would love for my dogs to come, and visit my resting.
It is odd, but completely understandable (to me, at least)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

loyal dogs

i recently was pulled from a burning building. the room was so full of smoke that my neighbors could only pull me a few feet at a time

my smart dog ran out of the building as soon as the door was kicked in

my loyal dog stayed right with me the whole time

he coughed and puked for days

(i wonder how they kept him out of the ambulance)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I too wonder how the dog got there and how long it stayed! And why is the duration of recent videos showing the dog lying down ONLY twenty-eight seconds?!?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yeah I get that point. My point is there was nothing else mentioned. Not another photo or video. Just that little bit.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
To heck with the dog (sorry I'm a cat person), what we should be talking about is how sad the state of the world is when an animal is considered mans best friend instead of other men.

Anyways I would imagine someone brought him to the funeral, perhaps a family member or a friend. I heard on the news( since obviously this is news worthy
) that the soldiers best friend adopted the dog so ............ As far as the video goes yeah it was looped (its three seconds over and over), even more so I really do not get the point behind it. As ignorant as it sounds I just think it was someone trying to get youtube famous , which given the circumstances is pretty f'ing disgusting. I mean anyone who has ever had a dog knows that they are more loyal than just about 99.999....... percent of the people you will meet in your life.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 28/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Absolutely gut wretching....and I hope they retire the soldier's best mate to the family of the deceased

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Well you're a cat person, so you wouldn't understand that special bond that we dog people share with our best friends

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Good point, but I would venture that it has something to do with dogs loving you unconditionally no matter how you act towards them or something to that effect. Which really doesn't bode well in my eyes, because that translates to me as "I like dogs because they are subservient and obedient period." Makes me wonder. On the other hand my cats a bastard and she's picky, ignorant, stuck up and never listens. But I love her so what does that say about me. I guess I'll never get it. I was raised in a family of dog lovers and in my parents house through my whole lifetime their was upwards of 6 dogs at a time and never less than three so I guess if anything I was just overexposed to them and as a very little kid I was kinda scared running around with a bunch of dogs ( Great danes, German shepherds, dobermans) that were twice the size of me.

To each his own though. At the end of the day I feel sorry for the dog and I'm glad that he has a home, and the video is touching so ..........

That is all

Trowa

edit on 28/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

If i died tomorrow, my family would know that my little Sasha would have to be there, too. She is so imnportant to me, and our relationship is very strong.

I have been working in Dallas lately, and when i leave she cries at the front door for a few hours. She tries to spend all her time either laying under my blanket in my bed, or sitting in my chair. When i return, she cries and yelps even after i pick her up. She will sit next to me and whine for the first day i return. She has lost weigh (about 2 lbs) over the last month (she only weighed 20 lbs to start).

I totally get what is happening here. Sure, it may be staged or whatever, just to promote the feel good patriotism. But the story is believable, completely.

What scares me the most, honestly, is knowing that her life is short, and i will lose her far sooner than my heart wants to.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
A few minutes ago I made a post in another forum and jokingly stated how did the dog get to the funeral because dogs can't drive obviously.

And well that really got me thinking I am well aware of the companionship between dog and owner. And as often as I watch what my tin hat tells me to believe.

The picture of the dog laying next to the fallen Navy Seal casket. And I know it's a silly question. But how did the dog get get there. Did someone invite the dog to the funeral? Someone brought him along because they new the Seal wouldn't have had it any other way?

As tender and as loyal as that picture is. And trust me I don't want to take anything from it. The content of the picture is a beautiful thing.

Just to let you know I'm not one of those. Connect the dots so that things fall into my theory kind a people.But after thinking about it. It became kind of odd to me.

So I guess what I'm trying to say does anyone find it odd?

I don't know. Maybe clever symbolic warning to someone who has/loves dogs. Criminals/terrorists do this to intimidate people on the sly. Most people are too ignorant to really see the terroristic threat for what it is and call it a "theory".

Maybe a warning to someone in the public that likes dogs. You know. Thugs that "warn" a person passively so that most others not in the know will call them crazy of they spoke of it to them.

Maybe its a somewhat hidden threat. A clever subtle threat.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The family of the Seal brought the dog to the funeral, which was held at a local school. The dog led the family in and on his own laid at the casket. It brings tears to my eyes to think about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well put.

top topics

join