It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Tired Of People Who Insist On using My Skin Color As Thier Weapon!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

well, I'm a black man as well, and can confirm that any black man or woman that does not conform to black groupthink is shunned by other black folks. you are expected to be christian, love obama, and be suspicious of all white folks. any move to get yourself out of the "barrel" if you get my meaning, will be met with scorn, ridicule, and, in some cases, violence. that said, I'm voting for ron paul if I get the chance to. # black groupthink =)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Just to stir up the thread.

If a black man is endowed with poverty......It's whitey manipulating the world to keep the black man down.

If a white man is endowed with poverty.....Its just bad luck or he/she is too lazy to make it work.

If a black man gets an education and becomes successful....It's because he did the "hard yards".

If a white man gets an education and becomes successful...It's because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

From the perspective of someone who lives in another country(Australia) and has only television & internet to go by....I hear lots of racist remarks coming from the USA......But out of all the racists remarks I hear......I rarely hear them coming from a white person( I'd guesstimate 1% or 2%).

I'm not saying that the racism toward blacks isn't there, but I wonder if it is really as bad as a black man would have me believe or it is just an excuse for the same man to lash out at others for failure to take responsibilities for his own life and make something better of it.

Sorry if I've offended anyone with my post....I'm just trying to make an observation from a different viewpoint.

Can I hear an 'Amen'???!!! I would star you for this post, but I'm just starting to post here on ATS so I'm not quite sure how it works. Me being a foreigner myself, I second what you say. I've been in the US and I simply can't believe how segregated black people are there. It's like they are caught up in the past and simply won't let go! I am not white by any means, I'm a mix of races. When I was in the US I got lost on the public transportation service and ended up at some station on the other side of the Martin Luther King Jr Avenue... Well, let me tell you, I had never felt animosity towards me the way I felt during those 25 minutes I had to wait for my next bus. In an all-black neighborhood.

I am not racist, I come from a country where everybody has more than one nationality/race in their ancestry. So to me to see it how it is there in the US, primarily from the people who have raised the flag of the 'oppressed', well, I find it quite hypocritical if you ask me.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Who else sees the irony here?

A thread about stopping the racism that is filled with racism.

Why is it considered racism to have a conversation about race showing the two different sides involved and their points of view?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You can't just erase history... you've got to learn from it.

But I will agree with you that the past is the past... but I'm not talking about what my great great grandfather went though... I'm talking about the here and now. The people who act so appalled because I'm exactly the opposite of who they want me to be.

I think these people are dangerous and their divisive actions are inciting racial hatred.

YES!

Obama had a unique opportunity. As The first BLACK President he could have LEAD. He could have said this is the END of Racism, a black has made it to the White House. That means EVERYONE from now on will be treated as EQUALS. No more Affrimative Action. No more the government will hold your hand. If I can make it to the White House YOU, my Black brother's can make a go of it too!

Instead he has continued to play the race card and fan the embers back into flames.

He also could have cleaned house in the US bureaucracies that he was IN CHARGE OF. But instead of putting some one like Michael Pollan in the USDA and FDA we get Monsanto Puppets Vilsack and Taylor

Obama could have looked at this simple graph.
(Negative is export of jobs and money, the WTO was ratified in December of 1995 and China's entry in 2001.)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e419473c7f7b.png[/atsimg]

Obama could have easily seen that the WTO was CAUSING the export of US jobs. Instead Obama climbs in bed with the Corporate Elite to help them finish destroying the USA.

Barack Obama has reshuffled his staff, bringing in a trio of free trade advocates...

... as head of the National Economic Council, Obama brought in Gene Sperling, who held the same position in the Clinton administration. ... the president brought in the former mayor's brother, William Daley, a former Clinton administration official and banker. And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

Before becoming the director of the NEC in the 1990s Sperling worked behind the scenes to secure the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement....

By the time Sperling moved up to take over the NEC, he was working on China’s entry into the World Trade Organization, an event which caused millions of manufacturing jobs in U.S. to be permanently lost.

Sperling also played a major role in repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial and investment banking. Many observers credit the act’s repeal with causing the financial crisis that brought the economy to its knees.

Daley too was instrumental in the passage of NAFTA and China’s entry into the WTO. During the debate over NAFTA, he served as a special council to the president. His only responsibility during that time was ensuring that the trade deal passed.
A
fter delivering the trade pact that cost America 20 percent of its manufacturing jobs in just 14 years, Daley moved on to serve as Clinton’s Commerce Secretary from 1997-2000. During that time, he helped pave the way for China’s entry into the WTO.

Daley... earned him a reputation as someone who is ''squarely on the opposite side of working families.'...

Immelt, ... As the leader of one of the world’s largest companies, he has been at the forefront of the outsourcing movement.

“You would have difficulty finding a company that has outsourced more jobs and closed more American factories than GE,” Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing writes....

In the past, Immelt was a vocal supporter for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. He also spoke out against the proposed “buy American” provision.

Immelt, Daley and Sperling certainly .... represent more of the same - failed trade policies that result in the loss of millions of jobs. economyincrisis.org...

The Democrats, Rosa DeLauro (D CT), Rep. Frank Pallone (D NJ), and Henry Waxman (D CA) among others have been hard at work since 1998 in getting a "Food Safety" Act passed that hands complete control over US food Production to the World Trade Organization and the Ag Cartel.

The DEMOCRATIC House and Senate passed the "Food Safety Modernization Act" and the DEMOCRATIC President signed it. The new law includes the following section:

SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

How anyone after reading THAT law and SHIELDING THE GIANT: USDA's “Don't Look, Don't Know” Policy could ever think the Democratic party is not just another arm of the Elite I do not know. The Democrats primary agenda is to keep the American population divided and fighting each other instead of focusing on the Corporate/Banker Elite who are raping ALL of us. The Democrats are also supposed to come up with "Solutions" that remove power and opportunity from the little people while actually making the situation worse.

The Democrat Elite NEED the down trodden, homeless and poor as an excuse to pass more and more restrictive laws.

Deinstitutionalization: A Psychiactric "Titanic" shows just how cold blood and inhuman these people actually are as they use the helpless to drive forward their agenda.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

...COMMON sense, not political expertise but common sense should tell you that if he had not placed his hand on that bible people would still be talking about it....

As I recall the whole oath taking was FLUBBED and re done in PRIVATE.

My Grand Father was Muslim. If you change your faith YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME. Think Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr. becoming Muhammad Ali. On top of that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, was also a "Converted" Muslim. Obama converted to Christianity because he was TOLD to. It was standing in his way as an effective "Community Organizer"

After the flub heard around the world, President Barack Obama has taken the oath of office. Again.

The bible is no where to be seen it the picture in the article by the way.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
See, the problem is with threads like these, is yes, they do have points. Yes, they have good ideas, but almost immediately the racism starts. Anyone who doesn't agree with the poster will be called racist, people will start attacking the poster for supposed backwards views and the like.

The problem is, a world would be AMAZING without racism, I'm sure there are many that will agree. But it will never happen. There will always be one person to start a wildfire argument. I'm not saying that you didn't have good intentions, but this seems (whether or not it was meant to be that) that this is a bait thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

What an astounding lie. Conservatives want nothing more than to keep minorities down. Why do you think they keep passing all of these Jim Crow, draconian, voting laws?

You are either not a minority or you are clueless ... and dangerously so. Just because you say something doesn't make it so. Conservatism feeds on, and promotes, bigotry. It is an evil that is about ready to die which is why it is screaming so loudly.

Conservatism = bigotry. And you are white.

You poor blind misguided individual.
Conservatism = bigotry? The only reason you believe that is because it is what you have been taught.

I find it sad that so many people let others think for them.

It's simple really, all you have to do is WANT TO SEE. Lets see if I can help clear this up for you.

1) What party benifits the most from having so many poor minorities in the US?

That's right, the democrats.

2) If someone really wanted to help the poor, would they.......

A) Give them just enough money and social benifits to keep them housed and from starving (can't have that huge voting base starving or freezing to death, that would be a waste).

B) Set up programs that would actually help, such as, Educational tools, teach them to be productive members of society, help build their self worth and self cofidence, and to be self sufficient.

The answer should be "B", sadly the democrats have set up "A" instead, because as long as they promise to provide, people will continue to vote for them.

3) What party has always tried to help minorities have equal rights?

The republican party, that is actually the MAIN reason it was formed.

4) Who started the KKK and from what party was it's members recruited from?

WOW, that would be the democrats too.

5) How many times did the democrats try and pass a civil rights bill?

Once, in 1964. The first four times it was brought to the floor was by republicans, and was voted down each time by the democrats.

6) So the party has changed now, right?

WRONG, in the 1930's the "New Deal" was passed. This was the start of entitlement programs and after it passed about 30% of voting blacks switched parties and started voting for democrats, it was about 95% for republicans prior to that.
The democrats of the 50's and 60's knew that they would not be able to win the race war and they would not be able to revive the practice of owning slaves. Instead, they looked to what happened in the 30's and found a better way to enslave minorities, by making them slaves of the state.
Now not all of the democrats were on board with this idea, many called "dixiecrates" just could not get passed the idea of giving blacks equal rights, no matter the benifits to the party. These were just too short sighted, they could not see the big picture (what we have today) and so voted against the civil rights act of 1964.
They got it passed with the help of republicans (who voted in favor of it overwhelmingly more than democrats).
Shortly after they started the rest of their plan by staring to pass entitlements and just as they planned minorities overwhelmingly began voting for democrats.

7) Did you know?

The republican party actually made it a law that no state could join the Union if they delt in slave trading. When the democrats got in control they changed that law quick.

8) How about this?

In the 1950's.....................
Ahhh, why bother. You are probably too brainwashed to see the truth.

I will leave you with this though.
THINK ABOUT WHAT THE WORD CONSERVATIVE MEANS.
NOW WITH THAT IN MIND, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY WANT TO HOLD ANYONE BACK?
The more people we have working and being productive the more money and less taxes we have to pay. ALL OF US. BLACK, WHITE, RED OR YELLOW.

Peace,
Quad

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

TPTB are well aware that as long as they keep society fighting amongst themselves then they will be too pre-ocuppied to pay attention to the agenda they are instituting. It's the age old tactic of diversion. TPTB are not concerned with social equality, only social oppresion. Who is it that keeps racism alive the most? It is those in power. They use racism when it fits their agenda as a tool to keep the masses infighting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't give a damn what color you are much less what planet, politicians are all liars and you trust them at your own peril. Anyone ever find it odd that congress and the president keep getting involved in wars, when the majority of the country at the polls say we want them to stop wasting our money funding useless wars that waste more money than they produce?

Seriously can we get a damn nationwide vote before we get involved in anymore wars? In fact we should have nationwide votes anytime something major occurs just so we can stay in the loop, because our government does whatever it wants and doesnt care what we want. THAT sounds alot like absolute power to me, and you can read my signature on where i stand about that issue!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You answered your own questions. They want us fighting with each other about our differences while conveniently leaving out all our similarities.

And let's face it, at this point we are all slaves to them, just some of us are in cages within cages.

This deserves repeating. Nail on the proverbial head Jibby.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You answered your own questions. They want us fighting with each other about our differences while conveniently leaving out all our similarities.

And let's face it, at this point we are all slaves to them, just some of us are in cages within cages.

This deserves repeating. Nail on the proverbial head Jibby.

signature:

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

All of it needs repeating especially your signature

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
im sick of the race card all together.

i think its time we start getting as offended @ the term "racist" as they do with actual racial slurs.

know what i mean vern?

Not since the election of a (half) black president has the race card been played so much. If you don't agree, you're a racist, if you say anything slightly disparaging about his party or anyone remotely connected, you're a racist. Only if you're white, though, of course.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Too many posts to read for a Sunday morning.
I've felt that black people have been shunned from the start and never helped along the way.
Inside I have heart for Native Americans and Black people in America, partly because I grew up in the "hood" and partly because..I have empathy in my heart, and no one can tell me when we got pulled over when I was younger, the WHITE boy MIGHT get it easy !

And yes, "Democratic" has always been spoon-fed as "black"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh now stop it. Stop your B!t2hing.

Yes, you were opressed, but you sold your own people into slavery so do'nt even get on us on that one.
Roots is fake, all plagiarized off a white guy

Only 12% of wealthy whites in the US had slaves. When blacks were freed they bought slaves themselves, something around 30% or more. Blacks in the US are more likely to be descendants of slave owner than whites!

White people are the ones that wont be around anymore:

You have special organizations dedicated to displacing white men of their jobs just so you can find work regardless of qualifications (Affirmative Action). And organizations to protect these systems for you NAACP.

Racial crime statistics should seal this case as well. whites are actually more opressed by blacks than the other way around: en.wikipedia.org... - www.colorofcrime.com...

"Interracial Crime

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving
blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive
percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are
Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are
black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against
a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs.
Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139
to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39
million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely."

I'm BARELY scratching the surface on the aspects of race here..

EDIT= Videos Embeds
edit on 28-8-2011 by Sternblut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sternblut

It's all taken out of context when you don't mention the living standards, schooling, and political slamDOWN of 150 years.

Up to 10 GENERATIONS of families, mind you
edit on 28-8-2011 by ergastulum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Growing up in Central California has exposed me to all the liberal philosophies. A person on the street learns to use everything to his advantage. If the race card is viewed as trump, it then gets played. Let's face it. Politicians love turmoil of all kinds; anything which can be a campaign issue is welcomed, and in some cases, created.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join