It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locked Up and Left Behind: Hurricane Irene and the Prisoners on New York`s Rikers Island

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by billy197300

Thankyou for proving my point.

At what point during my post did you get the impression that I meant set them free? Or are you just trying to imply that is what I meant in order to prove your point? I think that's called 'trolling' you know

It's this kind of attitude from Americans that causes me to wish your whole damn failed empire would just hurry up and crumble. No bloody wonder the world is in the state it's in today with people who think like you in charge.

No that was a troll

My original point in all of that was that the guy said it is disgusting to leave them behind in the storm. I simply asked him a hypothetical question about perspective. Would he feel the same way in that circumstance. Would you seriously worry about some one having to weather a storm if they had sexually abused and killed your kid? I suppose you would say yes according to your damning of me and my whole country as a response.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I worry more for those whom are meant to be given the presumption of innocence (ie - those who haven't been to court yet) that you seem intent on lumping in with the murderers and rapists crowd. Bugger your Constitution eh? Next we'll be seeing you standing on a podium setting fire to a copy of the Constitution will we?

Bloody disgusting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
My original point in all of that was that the guy said it is disgusting to leave them behind in the storm. I simply asked him a hypothetical question about perspective. Would he feel the same way in that circumstance. Would you seriously worry about some one having to weather a storm if they had sexually abused and killed your kid? I suppose you would say yes according to your damning of me and my whole country as a response.

Very few people are in prison for raping children.
Some of you have child rape obsessions on ATS that border on scary.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Very few people are in prison for raping children.
Some of you have child rape obsessions on ATS that border on scary.

I was trying to make a point, and being a parent, that was the worst case scenario I could think of. It's not an obsession of mine lol. I wouldn't spend all that money it would take to move them just so they wont get rained on a little. Its just silly. The whole damn thing is silly, evacuating the city, meh.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Seriously, this whole thread is about the people being left in the jail while everyone else is evacuated. That's exactly what I have been talking about. It makes no sense spend all that money to move criminals that are not in harms way anyway. What is your opinion on it? Or does that make me a troll for asking? lol

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
They have a hard enough time taking care of prisoners there and there's just not enough time or resources to setup a camp somewhere.

It is what it is. Prisoners know that they are last on the list to be saved or rescued. It is something they discuss amongst themselves.Some believe that in certain situations they might all be executed if there are not enough resources to feed them or guards to watch them due to a major disaster event.

It is a perfect time to escape - thus they will be on lock down during such times

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Who cares? I really think we should have just shot them. Why chance that they can get out? Shoot them in the head with a 9mm cost the tax payers ten cents per round. Less money than feeding them for a year. Not that big a loss really.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Why waste more money on criminals? This is rikers we're talking about, most of the men in there are not men but animals. A lot of crazed lunatics and perverts.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
the way I read the op's link, they are leaving 12000 people in the fate of a hurricane by choice. thats not ignrance thats murder. nuff said.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Signals

Disgusting

Before you post a "they're criminals, so what they deserve it" comment...they are Human Beings.

Would you be so disgusted if one of those "human beings" there was incarcerated because they had raped, beaten and then killed your 10 year old daughter? No, my guess is you would say, f$#@ck 'em, let them drown. Just a guess though. You don't get to Rikers Island from getting a jay walking ticket or getting caught with a blunt.

edit on 27-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

Would You be disgusted if one of those prisoners were jailed for misdemeanor vandalism?
Convicted by a jury because he couldn't afford a Real Attorney and had to have a *snip*ing public defender?!!!

*snip* like this happens all the time! Innocent people are convicted and "Hollywood stars" are let go for even murder!

My G_D, I pray for the safety of all those prisoners

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the fact that the more they hype this hurricane as being powerful, deadly, and historic, the more MONEY people spend to feel safe? So, if the hype was created for profit...why spend that profit moving prisoners who aren't in danger anyway?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
They're in a secure building that will most likely keep them safe. Food and fresh water are not a problem either as Hurricanes blow over in a few days don't they?

I don't see the issue tbh, however this will give the inmates precious time to seek an escape though... Won't be surprised if they're all gone when the authorities turn up again.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
if irene had a been a cat3 or bigger, you'd have a point but thats not the case...
edit on 8/28/11 by Wyn Hawks because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Irene hit land in N.C.where my step-son is as a Cat.2 and while he has never experienced a hurricane before, he said it looks worse than it actually is. We all know that once a huuricane hits land it loses power, so by the time it hits N.YC. it's not going to be bad at all.

The OP should know by now where most of the members on this site stand on this issue, so I don't know what he/she was trying to accomplish with this.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Signals

They are somebody's brother, son, grandson, nephew

and they murdered/raped/robbed/assaulted etc someone's brother/father/nephew/sister etc

They robbed or assaulted someone so they deserve death?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

reply to post by Signals

and they murdered/raped/robbed/assaulted etc someone's brother/father/nephew/sister etc

www.youtube.com...

Excuse me for not feeling sorry for them.

Maybe a Cat.5 would wake them up.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by NadaCambia

reply to post by Signals

www.youtube.com...

Excuse me for not feeling sorry for them.

Maybe a Cat.5 would wake them up.

That video does a great job of covering intake, jouvenile, and wrongful convictions.

Oh, wait no it didnt. It just tries to make it look like everyone there is some bad gang member.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I was trying to make a point, and being a parent, that was the worst case scenario I could think of.

I am well aware what you were doing. Unfortunately when you make things up like that and apply the worst case scenario to everything with a sweeping fallacy like that, your point gets eaten alive by your own argument.

It's not an obsession of mine lol.

You are not the only person I was referring to.

I wouldn't spend all that money it would take to move them just so they wont get rained on a little. Its just silly. The whole damn thing is silly, evacuating the city, meh.

Well that is something different than imagining they all want to rape your children.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Prisoners are the last ones out...bottom line....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join