It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

There are No Coincidences, It's Fate or It's Destiny

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am Thinking were to start, OK I will start from the beginning of one celled organisms. They say it all started when a comet with some living cellular organisms crashed on earth and Life began. People say it's just a coincidence, but on the contrary that particular comet could have missed and the evolution of living organisms could have been put off . IMO is was the destiny of the comet to crash land on earth. Every living organism has its purpose on earth or even in the Universe, some people say we are just made of carbon and fate, destiny has no place on earth. But I believe we are here for a reason. Imagine a 6 Billion Piece puzzle, we all are individual pieces and without some pieces the puzzle is not complete.

Coincidence/Fate/Destiny:
Now let me narrate some examples from my personnel life, I was very good at sports but my parents wanted me to study and thus I will never be sports star. I loved Astronomy and wanted to be a astronomer but some problems, situation made an Engineer. I always wanted to go to the USofA to study but fell in love with a lady and situation brought me to some other country. Lost an uncle in an accident, he always used to drive a car but on that day he rode a motorcycle. Lost a friend on his birthday when he died in an accident he usually travels in bus that day he was in the passenger side of a car. There are a lot of other examples I can give but for me they all point towards one simple explanation whatever happens its because of Fate/Destiny and not coincidence.

I would love to here all your experiences from life whichever reason it points to.

I am unsure if this the right Forum Though




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree, we have no control over our actions, they are destined and predetermined and choice is an illusion.

The only way we could change what we were gonna do, is if we knew what we were gonna do (i.e. see the future). And since we cannot, then the choices we think we make were the choices we were already always gonna take.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
correct..there are no coincidences ...everything happens for a reason.....however, we can change our circumstances to follow a different path ....our lives aren't set out exactly in one line

the universe does what we tell it to do, by our thoughts, speech and actions. it is all planned....but plans can change


edit on 27-8-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
correct..there are no coincidences ...everything happens for a reason.....however, we can change our circumstances to follow a different path ....our lives aren't set out exactly in one line


I disagree as per my post above. You think we can change our circumstances or follow a different path?
The only way you can change what you were always gonna do is if you knew what you were gonna do.
The appearance of changing your life is only that, an appearance, because you were already gonna do that.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
I agree, we have no control over our actions, they are destined and predetermined and choice is an illusion.

The only way we could change what we were gonna do, is if we knew what we were gonna do (i.e. see the future). And since we cannot, then the choices we think we make were the choices we were already always gonna take.


I'm so sorry if i insult you...but this is nonsense. The idea that you have no control over what happens to you is a convenient way to say you have given up and abrogated all responsibility for any situation you are involved in.
The extent to which you claim 'control' will prove this to you. The examples given in the OP did, in no way, absolve the individuals of thier free will to change thier location in relation to the outcome. Clearly, consciously or unconconsciously, they made a choice. Your choice is the most important decision you can ever make. These choices are being made nano-second by nano-second, and are subsequently altering the reality stream you will find yourself in - in the 'future'. Co-incidence is word made from the combination of two words. Co, and incidence. Things happening at the same time! Everything happens at the same time! The way this word has come to be used is erroneous and does not describe what is actually meant. Coincidence is happening all of the time! Our choice does not negate this fact, as 'stuff' keeps happening!..notwithstanding the fact that every individual on the planet is also making choices which involve other individuals in thier reality streams etc etc etc...

Akushla



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I could spend all night writing down a list of coincidences that have happened in my life. But, IMO everything good or bad that has happened to me is a direct result of my actions. I don't know, it just seems like the fate/destiny thing is a way for people not to take responsibility for their actions or a way to explain coincidence. As far as the comet thing, I read the other day that they found amino acids in meteors, it could very well be a common thing.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The whole no choice debate in neural science all comes down to a simple lack of knowledge.

We have yet to discover all there is to know about Consciousness and choice as it relates to our reality.

To me the whole no choice argument is like the God of the Gaps that arises in other science.

Science has just started to tap into the mysterious of consciousness to meet the countless years of philosophy.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


You do have control over what you do. You have to read my post again. The fact that you think you were gonna make a different choice or had a choice at all is only relative if you knew what you were gonna do. It may be difficult to understand or I may not be explaining clearly.

The most simple example is this: So you're driving down a road and you come to a fork in the road.
Choice A, go right.
Choice B, go left.

You decide instead of going right like you had planned to do to get to your destination you say "I'll go left this time because I have a "choice." But really, you were always gonna go left, but you allowed yourself to think you had a choice, when as stated above, you were always gonna go left.

The only way you could have known you were always gonna go left is if you could see the future. The paradox exists, and that example explains it clearly.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My problem Narrows down to accidents, for eg in my post I told you my uncle died in a motorcycle accident. It could have happened even if he would have driven a car, but may be he would have survived. I always wondered why that motorcycle out of the blue.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
reply to post by akushla99
 


You do have control over what you do. You have to read my post again. The fact that you think you were gonna make a different choice or had a choice at all is only relative if you knew what you were gonna do. It may be difficult to understand or I may not be explaining clearly.

The most simple example is this: So you're driving down a road and you come to a fork in the road.
Choice A, go right.
Choice B, go left.

You decide instead of going right like you had planned to do to get to your destination you say "I'll go left this time because I have a "choice." But really, you were always gonna go left, but you allowed yourself to think you had a choice, when as stated above, you were always gonna go left.

The only way you could have known you were always gonna go left is if you could see the future. The paradox exists, and that example explains it clearly.


Who decided you were always gonna left or right?
Or is this predetermined?
By what, who, when?
Planning is planning...that's choice!
What happens in between to frustrate that plan, and require you to consciously or unconsciously change this path...is choice!
Spontanaeity does not exist, as, the mere thought of being spontaneous is not spontaneous!
The paradox is that you are attributing what happens, to some outside force, independant of your consciousness to decide (as far as i can understand, from what you are saying)
Are you an automaton?
If you are not, what are you?

Akushla



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The way my teacher liked to put it: If you can't figure out how to control your own life, then someone else will.

But fact is, you can't relinquish control of your life to "higher forces" without consenting to it.

YOU ARE CAUSE whether you care to admit it or not.

Of course, the appearance in the "real" world is that stronger beings, groups, and forces go around overwhelming weaker beings, groups and forces. This can be very distressing and seem totally unfair and unjust. So here on earth we drew up a set of rules to try to make things a little more civilized. It's called the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Unfortunately, we can't get anyone to follow it! Some people decide that it's their god-given duty to be at the mercy of higher forces. Well, that's one approach to life. But don't try to convince me it's my only choice!

So it's really quite a mess. And the true facts of life seem to be quite stark and unforgiving. We all find different ways to deal with this. I wish things were more pleasant, and I believe that's something to work for. You just can't let yourself get disappointed.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The one thing we have absolute control over,is how we react,or don't,to whatever we are faced with.

If we think before we act then proceed along a chosen course of action,instead of blind reaction,we can decide in some great part what the outcome will be. Of course,this is assuming that each of us has the ability to do so,which we all know,we don't.

Interesting topic OP.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007
 


In order to claim that something inanimate like a comet was destined to hit Earth, it must be accepted that there was an intelligent force governing that event.

If you think in terms of intelligent energy and come to an understanding that intelligent energy is what everything is, then you can ask yourself and help me better understand whether or not there is a higher form of intelligent energy that governs events such as this. Intelligent energy literally translated means the capacity to do intelligent work.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
I am Thinking were to start, OK I will start from the beginning of one celled organisms. They say it all started when a comet with some living cellular organisms crashed on earth and Life began. People say it's just a coincidence, but on the contrary that particular comet could have missed and the evolution of living organisms could have been put off . IMO is was the destiny of the comet to crash land on earth. Every living organism has its purpose on earth or even in the Universe, some people say we are just made of carbon and fate, destiny has no place on earth. But I believe we are here for a reason. Imagine a 6 Billion Piece puzzle, we all are individual pieces and without some pieces the puzzle is not complete.

Coincidence/Fate/Destiny:
Now let me narrate some examples from my personnel life, I was very good at sports but my parents wanted me to study and thus I will never be sports star. I loved Astronomy and wanted to be a astronomer but some problems, situation made an Engineer. I always wanted to go to the USofA to study but fell in love with a lady and situation brought me to some other country. Lost an uncle in an accident, he always used to drive a car but on that day he rode a motorcycle. Lost a friend on his birthday when he died in an accident he usually travels in bus that day he was in the passenger side of a car. There are a lot of other examples I can give but for me they all point towards one simple explanation whatever happens its because of Fate/Destiny and not coincidence.

I would love to here all your experiences from life whichever reason it points to.

I am unsure if this the right Forum Though


4 8 15 16 23 42

namaste



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Ashcool007
 


In order to claim that something inanimate like a comet was destined to hit Earth, it must be accepted that there was an intelligent force governing that event.

If you think in terms of intelligent energy and come to an understanding that intelligent energy is what everything is, then you can ask yourself and help me better understand whether or not there is a higher form of intelligent energy that governs events such as this. Intelligent energy literally translated means the capacity to do intelligent work.


I think this is closer to where the root of the original question lies.
In reference to your first sentence...'in order to claim that something like a comet was destined to hit earth, it must be accepted that there was an intelligent force governing that event'...i would add...Or accept that a set of physical rules for this locum were initiated somehow, and that all physical objects commensurate with this locum follow these rules. Inanimate objects dont necessarily have choice, but, too often humans anthropomorphise inanimate objects to fit in with 'destiny'.
I liked your reply BTW.
Akushla



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't think that the future is depended on our predetermined, I think that the future exist on what we make out of the present. For there is only now really, you don't decide whether you want to get a glass of water unless you feel that you need too. The thought of getting a glass of water creates the possible future outcome of getting the glass.


Just my thought.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007
 





but on the contrary that particular comet could have missed and the evolution of living organisms could have been put off .


Pretty sure that's the definition of coincidence, that it might NOT have happened but it just happened to happen
. Supposing panspermia is the correct hypothesis to explain life's origins on Earth there's no guarantee that the comet hit us. UNLESS you are suggesting directed panspermia, such as aliens seeding the Universe with the materials needed for life.




we all are individual pieces and without some pieces the puzzle is not complete.


I don't think that's true. How many thousands of children come into the world only to starve to death in a few years time. Thousands upon thousands die of starvation or thirst every single day and while we should value their lives I can't honestly say each of their lives is crucial to the furtherance of some grand design. Empathy is one thing, but to speculate that everyone has some grand part to play, that's too far out there.




they all point towards one simple explanation whatever happens its because of Fate/Destiny and not coincidence.


I hate to rain on the Fate parade but the human mind wants to find patterns in things even where none exist. It's the same superstitious nonsense that made the ancients think that they had offended the gods when a volcano erupted. Or bad things start happening if they step on certain ancient ground. Coincidence misread as fate is one of the oldest and most well known superstitious in the world. I still hear from people in my family who are like 'I had this song stuck in my head for no reason and then BAM I heard it on the radio." and they think this is some kind of psychic experience. What makes you think you're immune to this misreading of coincidence?
edit on 28-8-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007
 


It is my opinion that it wouldn't have mattered. The events leading up to those points, if I stick with my theory on this subject, is that there death had nothing to do with the circumstances surrounding it and it wouldn't have mattered what they were driving, or riding in, or how they took a different route to their destination. I agree it does seem odd, but that's just what I think.



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
I don't think that the future is depended on our predetermined, I think that the future exist on what we make out of the present. For there is only now really, you don't decide whether you want to get a glass of water unless you feel that you need too. The thought of getting a glass of water creates the possible future outcome of getting the glass.


Just my thought.


I have said the same on this and other sites. Without sounding like a pompous git;
1. Predestination doesn't preclude free will...
2. There is only one 'time'...NOW (it is the only locum where anything can be effected - for now, or the future)
3. Your future 'reality stream' is dependant on what you decide now.
4. The present is the ONLY 'time' which actually exists!
5. The past cannot be changed - it no longer exists (except as memory)
6. The future is all that could happen - make a choice now, and the probability of an event happening over another event, is a case of collapsing probabilities.

Akushla



posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Ashcool007
 


In order to claim that something inanimate like a comet was destined to hit Earth, it must be accepted that there was an intelligent force governing that event.

If you think in terms of intelligent energy and come to an understanding that intelligent energy is what everything is, then you can ask yourself and help me better understand whether or not there is a higher form of intelligent energy that governs events such as this. Intelligent energy literally translated means the capacity to do intelligent work.


I think this is closer to where the root of the original question lies.
In reference to your first sentence...'in order to claim that something like a comet was destined to hit earth, it must be accepted that there was an intelligent force governing that event'...i would add...Or accept that a set of physical rules for this locum were initiated somehow, and that all physical objects commensurate with this locum follow these rules. Inanimate objects dont necessarily have choice, but, too often humans anthropomorphise inanimate objects to fit in with 'destiny'.
I liked your reply BTW.
Akushla


Thank you.

My understanding of the universe and energy that it is intelligent energy. Energy has the ability to organize itself into an ever-increasing complexity of forms to further effectively and efficiently carry out its purpose which is intelligent work. This is highly apparent that this is exactly what energy does.

That being said, there are "inanimate" intelligences that carry the potential for teaching or learning. For something inanimate to learn means that it is at phase one and is in the process of organizing itself into intelligent patterns to increase in complexity. For something inanimate to teach, it would have to be directed towards something animate and complex enough to benefit from the lessons to be learned in this form of catalyst. Or it would be part of the process of what may be called 'insemination' in order to provide the necessary forms of intelligent energy that are usually called 'building blocks' to forms of intelligent energy that need this particular 'building block' in order to compound its organization capabilities with more tools to work with.

Either way you look at it, in any such event, there is intelligent progress arising from a catalyst. All is intelligent energy. The only inevitable fate and destiny there is is for the intelligent energy to organize itself into an ever-increasing complexity of intelligent forms. At whatever rate.

The only predetermined fact there is is progress.
edit on 28-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join