It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Hurricane Irene is a 'blessing'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Makeshift
The storm is not imaginary but I don't think anybody has died right?

Yes people have died from this storm and it is not over yet.

As for somebody to just start giving you $100 that might not be such a blessing because then you wouldn't value money as much after awhile and that might lead to some very bad choices when the money stops.

No, YOU might not understand the value of it. I certainly will. Do not project your social inadequacies onto me and then suggest how I fit into a scenario based on how you do.

Also if you do not need your life threatened to value it then you are already blessed, some people are not as fortunate.

And Glenn Beck is here to tell them who they are because they are too stupid to get that on their own?

Realize that your situation is not the same as everybody elses.

Realize that telling people that they are going to suffer is a blessing because it reminds them to prepare next time is moronic.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm not a huge Beck fan but I have listened to him some. The article and the OP are both picking and choosing what they respond to. Here is a quote from what he said:

If you’ve waited, this hurricane is a blessing

It's pretty clear he's talking to his listeners who have been ignoring his pleas to prepare for coming disaster. It's also pretty clear he's not talking to people directly affected by the storm. I might not have called it a "message from God" but if that makes a wake up call carry more weight then maybe I can understand it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by Makeshift
The storm is not imaginary but I don't think anybody has died right?

Yes people have died from this storm and it is not over yet.

As for somebody to just start giving you $100 that might not be such a blessing because then you wouldn't value money as much after awhile and that might lead to some very bad choices when the money stops.

No, YOU might not understand the value of it. I certainly will. Do not project your social inadequacies onto me and then suggest how I fit into a scenario based on how you do.

Also if you do not need your life threatened to value it then you are already blessed, some people are not as fortunate.

And Glenn Beck is here to tell them who they are because they are too stupid to get that on their own?

Realize that your situation is not the same as everybody elses.

Realize that telling people that they are going to suffer is a blessing because it reminds them to prepare next time is moronic.

The $100 bill thing, I was just presenting how that might not be such a blessing as you said, you don't understand how some people getting free $ would make them value it less? You don't think that people that have to work and scrounge for every dollar they have might see more value in money than somebody whom money is just given too? I only used you as an example because you brought up somebody giving you money, I don't know you from a hole in the floor so why would you think I'm somehow judging you?
And as for Glenn Beck, he's is not telling anybody anything all he is saying is that if this helps some people realise that they need to be prepared for tough times, then that would be a blessing. Lets say this storm affects 100,000 people and 1% of those people are more prepared next time because of what Glenn said, that's 1000 people that might survive that might not have otherwise. Even if it was only 1 single person that heard him and decided to be prepared and it saves them then it would be completely worth whatever perceived irritation that you receive from Glenn Beck.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
I'm not a huge Beck fan but I have listened to him some. The article and the OP are both picking and choosing what they respond to. Here is a quote from what he said:

If you’ve waited, this hurricane is a blessing

It's pretty clear he's talking to his listeners who have been ignoring his pleas to prepare for coming disaster. It's also pretty clear he's not talking to people directly affected by the storm. I might not have called it a "message from God" but if that makes a wake up call carry more weight then maybe I can understand it.

I watched the clip and in case you missed it, there is a passage there that "God reminds you that you are not in control". Did you miss it? Seems to be choice proselytizing, while exploiting the disaster to that end. Disgusting.

And, to add to sheer idiocy of Beck, he goes on to advise people to actually BE IN CONTROL. By being prepared and all that. Look, you can't have it both ways, but Beck's sheeple is non the wiser.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is not a stupid man; But he knows that a great percentage of his listeners are fools that hang on his every word, never research anything, and some how find comfort in his ideology.
Glenn Beck is a corporation designed to appeal to a certain demographic of of people that they know will respond to his message, listen to his programs, and in turn buy the products advertised on his show. It's a ratings game, researched by rooms full of bean counters, A&R guys, production assistants etc. A veritable army of people trying their damnedest to cash in Becks popularity. Beck is a political version of Hanna Montana or Zac Efron.
Beck doesn't even believe half the stuff he says. Glenn and Tania know how put on a damn good show for their fans and keepem buying those Depends, Gold, Diet food, gift cards, penis enhancers etc....

gawker.com...

www.youtube.com...

As a producer myself...I wish I could find and ride a gravy train Like Glenn Beck.
edit on 30-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join