It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Hurricane Irene is a 'blessing'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I happen to agree that Glenn Beck is a nut.....for different reasons, but storing food is a good idea.

It only makes sense!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by Makeshift

i think that is looking at the glass extremely half full.

in my opinion this is not a blessing but an embarrassment that illustrates how massively unprepared we are as a whole

and in reality as soon as it blows over, they wont give it another thought until the television instructs them to.

I said it would be a blessing if it went down that way. You are more that likely correct though. I would be willing to bet Mr. Beck feels the same, which is probably why he said what he said.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Beck is a fear monger, period. He makes a very good living at spreading his brand of fear over the air waves. His followers are like devout religious types that all hang on his words like they are the words of Christ himself. Beck is playing on these peoples worst fears and he knows it, that's how he keeps them all on the edge of their seats and ready to tune into tomorrows show. Day after day, week after week, all from an uneducated con artist, but he knows how to play on peoples emotions, maybe he gets those skills from his boozing/doping days?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Beck is a fear monger, period. He makes a very good living at spreading his brand of fear over the air waves. His followers are like devout religious types that all hang on his words like they are the words of Christ himself. Beck is playing on these peoples worst fears and he knows it, that's how he keeps them all on the edge of their seats and ready to tune into tomorrows show. Day after day, week after week, all from an uneducated con artist, but he knows how to play on peoples emotions, maybe he gets those skills from his boozing/doping days?

You have quite an imagination. Have you personally met or interviewed any of these imaginary followers? I mean jeez the guy is just a radio show host you know? Or is he the leader of some weird cult that is populated with some sort of powerful wizards? What is the problem exactly? That people hear his scary scary words and that they are then rendered incapable of making up their own minds because you and only you posses such high minded thinking?
edit on 28-8-2011 by Makeshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Some people are meant to be the Watchmen on the Wall, and some people just criticize those who are.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

What part of what I wrote are you having a hard time understanding? I do know some of his "followers" they,like him, are wing-nuts. Beck has his own brand of backwards politics, you may not agree but there are many that see him for what he is. Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but last time i checked Mormonism is one of the goofiest religions out there, the last person i am going to listen to is someone who belongs to that kind of CULT.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a religious person who sees society moving away from their delusion of choice will always want just enough people to die horrific deaths to stop them from becoming the minority.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What part of what I wrote are you having a hard time understanding? I do know some of his "followers" they,like him, are wing-nuts. Beck has his own brand of backwards politics, you may not agree but there are many that see him for what he is. Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but last time i checked Mormonism is one of the goofiest religions out there, the last person i am going to listen to is someone who belongs to that kind of CULT.

So what you are saying is that the few people that you know that listen to him in your opinion are wing nuts, you think that you hurt my feelings and that you don't need to listen to anybody that you don't want to?
So I ask again just what is your problem? You cant tolerate that some people listen to a particular radio show? That some people you know are wing nuts? I just don't understand what your beef is. Freedom of speech? People that you perceive as dumber than you? Mormons? If you don't like Glenn Beck then don't listen to him. Afford everybody else the option of following their interest or watching and listening to whatever they please without your useless criticism, the same as everybody else does for you and whatever your choices may be. Or is that impossible for you?
edit on 28-8-2011 by Makeshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Please, try a little experiment. At this link is 94 seconds of the Beck show that every one is getting excited about. Please, just watch it. Forget the two paragraph thing. If you clicked through from the OP link, you would have gotten here.
www.mediaite.com...

After you watch it, if you still think his statement was crazy you have exposed yourself as thoughtless.

What seems to have happened, was that someone saw the words "Glenn Beck" and lost the power of rational thought. Whatever you might think of him, this is not the clip to use in your attack.

Please forgive me, I know this is more of a rant, but this seems to be a particuarly flagrant violation of the old IBM motto: THINK.

Oh, wait a minute, it's Saturday night. Could alcohol be involved?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
reply to post by buddhasystem

The article says it's a blessing that we should be reminded to prepare, Not that death and destruction is a blessing. Did you read the article? It's only two small paragraphs.

I agree he sticks his foot in his mouth often but it is just to get attention from people who like to twist his words because they don't agree with his politics

It would be a blessing if my house burned down now and then to remind me that I need to worry about fire?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

The article says it's a blessing that we should be reminded to prepare, Not that death and destruction is a blessing. Did you read the article? It's only two small paragraphs.

I agree he sticks his foot in his mouth often but it is just to get attention from people who like to twist his words because they don't agree with his politics

It would be a blessing if my house burned down now and then to remind me that I need to worry about fire?

It would be a blessing if you thought your house was going to burn down but then did not, and then you decided to be more careful in the future.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Makeshift
It would be a blessing if you thought your house was going to burn down but then did not, and then you decided to be more careful in the future.

It would also be a blessing if someone just started handing me hundred dollar bills but that is quite a shift from the point. The storm is not imaginary.

I do not need my life threatened in order to value it. That is hardly what I consider a blessing.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by Makeshift

It would also be a blessing if someone just started handing me hundred dollar bills but that is quite a shift from the point. The storm is not imaginary.

I do not need my life threatened in order to value it. That is hardly what I consider a blessing.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

The storm is not imaginary but I don't think anybody has died right? As for somebody to just start giving you $100 that might not be such a blessing because then you wouldn't value money as much after awhile and that might lead to some very bad choices when the money stops. Also if you do not need your life threatened to value it then you are already blessed, some people are not as fortunate. Realize that your situation is not the same as everybody elses.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a low-life hypocrite who earns money by barking propaganda on media (which is trying to act as alternative voice). He doesn't realize that the money he earns is 100% sinful and that tragedy will strike his family soon.

Same goes to any news broadcasters and reporters out there spinning lies. This includes Wikileaks - don't think we're dumb not to know its government operation.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Glenn Beck is a low-life hypocrite who earns money by barking propaganda on media (which is trying to act as alternative voice). He doesn't realize that the money he earns is 100% sinful and that tragedy will strike his family soon.

Same goes to any news broadcasters and reporters out there spinning lies. This includes Wikileaks - don't think we're dumb not to know its government operation.

Do you somehow know that tragedy will strike his family soon or just hope that it will? Cause that seems rather sick and sinful on your behalf.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Please, try a little experiment. At this link is 94 seconds of the Beck show that every one is getting excited about. Please, just watch it. Forget the two paragraph thing. If you clicked through from the OP link, you would have gotten here.
www.mediaite.com...

After you watch it, if you still think his statement was crazy you have exposed yourself as thoughtless.

Well, I tried your "little experiment". And guess what, Beck sounds like 33% pomp, 33% banality and 33% religious fervor. Not a good mix.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Maybe the fact that the Zionists didn't want his crazy ass in Israel drove him over the edge? Glenn has some of the pieces to the puzzle but there is no way in hell he will ever be able to put them together the right way.

Its not clear that Glenn understands that the mormon idea of what Israel is is in fact a great contridiction to what the Zionists and others think it is. The two are not compatible. Just saying. It is only becouse most evangelicals dont know the diff that any headways at all is made by a mormon into that area. Even mormons have to sratch the head at the conflict between the two ideas. One has to wonder if Glenn just isnt doing a large scale mormon promotion thing.....giving folks that dont know better the idea that somehow mormons and evangelicals are on the same page and the mutual support of Israel come from the same theological cloth.

Even this idea of stockpiling whiel not exclusive to mormons is a very strong mormon idea.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Puh-leeze. I did read the article. He says that it's good to be reminded that you are not in control. The instrument of this reminder needs to be pretty drastic and I presume that Beck meant a modicum of death and destruction -- that's exactly what we are experiencing now.

Again, I wish lots of blessings on Glenn's house.

And his family, too? Cuz they'll probably be there with him. Keep spreading the hate.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

what is the diff between him and you?

there are many here that hear your inane rants too.

how are you better than him?

he never mentioned you at all, that i've heard.

he sounds alot better than you and the rest of you..........
what's the point of trashing someone that has been taken out of context and has no way to defend them self?

i predict these types of attacks will come back to bite the a$$ that feeds them.

you people are running out of cards to play.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

He Said...(in the OP Link)

, this hurricane is a blessing. It is a blessing.
It is God reminding you — as was the earthquake last week — it’s God reminding you you’re not in control. Things can happen. Be prepared and be someone who can help others so when disaster strikes...

I differ... in that he invokes 'God'...
And I replace that with Nature, or 'Mother Nature' instead of 'God'...

these belivers make me gag

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join