It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Heard The Level Of Radiation Present In Irene Rain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have done a few searches online looking for data on possible radiation readings taken from the current hurricane, Irene. If anyone has any info could you please point me in that direction.

I realize that the hurricane itself is bad enough news for those effected and I am not trying to fear monger but I would be surprised if there was no radiation from either Fukushima or possibly Nebraska nuke plants or even the plants recently involved in the quakes on the east coast
edit on 27-8-2011 by isitjustme because: change title

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

I dont think it would have radiation, it formed near Africa, which is a long way away from Japan.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I was curious because there was a video posted a month or so ago about radiation in rain in Oklahoma. I didn't know if a storm of this size would concentrate radiation or possibly clean the atmosphere of any radiation present

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Of course there is radiation in the rain. The radiation from Fukashima has engulfed the entire planet especially the northern hemisphere. How much more is floating around in the atmosphere? I doubt if anyone knows. There is no doubt that the levels are mutiplied several times by what is called rainout which brings the radiation at a very fast rate and causes hot spots.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
I have done a few searches online looking for data on possible radiation readings taken from the current hurricane, Irene. If anyone has any info could you please point me in that direction.

I realize that the hurricane itself is bad enough news for those effected and I am not trying to fear monger but I would be surprised if there was no radiation from either Fukushima or possibly Nebraska nuke plants or even the plants recently involved in the quakes on the east coast

Honestly do you think the powers that be would panic the public even if it is loaded with radiation from Fukushima? You know the answer because you hardly hear anything mentioned about the nuclear reactors that have melted down in Japan and that they have no clue on how to stop the melt down. Where do you think that radiation is going? Can you say Ocean, can you say Air, can you say Atmopshere, can you say rain, can you say massive cancer, can you say massive fish contamination with radiation and can you say the China Syndrome. You have brought up a good point that no one wants to talk about and they have swept this matter under the carpet for now. ^Y^
edit on 27-8-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

You're right so I changed the title. The lack of MSM coverage is disturbing. Surely someone in that area that has a geiger counter has thought to check the level. I wouldn't expect to see it on the 10 o'clock news but maybe posted online in the form of a video.

BTW the electric utility I work for in Kansas sent crews to NY a couple days ago to help with restoration. Thats why I ask

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
the threads title reminded me about Captain Planets episode when people truly listened to environmentalist just after the rain came and ruined trees, water, etc because of the poisonous chemicals within the water.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Rad monitoring 15 miles from Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant:

www.aspnic.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Actually we should be testing all rain systems moving across North America. Unlike the BP oil spill where the laboratory testing for scientific data concerning “toxic rain” was influenced by the US Government and BP, testing rain and ground samples for radiation contamination can be done by anyone.

My biggest concern is our food production.

I am refocusing the Test The Rain Project towards (potential) radiation fallout from Fukushima and if its affecting our food production.

More to come soon!

top topics

join